homeward bound

chippy2

Guest brooksey

Sounds strange you saying joinery jobs. Takes some getting used to calling myself a carpenter over here instead of a site joiner. Bugger all in papers again today.:no:

Hope you didn't bin all your woolies as there expecting another cold snap from siberia in uk:cool:

Hi Chippy2,

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you but as others have said you have tried it!!

My OH is a carpenter foreman and work is slow here in East Anglia !!

At the moment he doesn't have a long run of work as lots of projects are being delayed ( he is in civil engineering) but if you have a start to come back to then in your position i know my Oh would do the same and return to the UK.

We aren't pushing to get our visa at the moment as waiting for the recession to get better!!!!:cry:

Money tied up in house (same old story)

Work should pick up about spring/ summer time according to OH so fingers crossed for us all.

Congratulations on baby no 4 and as someone else said bring lots of warm clothes as very cold here!!!

Good Luck and let us know how you get on,

Gail x :v_SPIN:

Sounds strange you saying joinery jobs. Takes some getting used to calling myself a carpenter over here instead of a site joiner. Bugger all in papers again today.:no:

Hope you didn't bin all your woolies as there expecting another cold snap from siberia in uk:cool:

hia brooksey hope your alrigth mate,as you said sounds strange us calling ourselves carpenters.always called myself a joiner or chippy,noticed job situation is still dodgy thats why cutting our losses and bailing and to be honest am looking forward to the cold but will just be another whinging pom after a couple of days like earslwood (only joking mate)now ive made my mind up am looking forward to going back,eveyone miserable,bad weather,shopping trolleys in evey stream,yeah good to be home?

Just wanted to wish you all the best Chippy.

It is better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.

I know how you feel about the job situation, I have been looking for over a month now, since I was laid off, send off about 5 resumes a day, not even hearing a dicky bird, or else I get the automated response that my skills did not match the employers request.

Good luck to you and your family, and congrats to baby # 4 on the way.

At least back in the UK you have the support of family and friends.

Karen

Hope you get fixed up soon Karen best of luck

Tania X:wubclub:

Guest wee wen

I came over to Brisbane in Jan 2008. I was badly, badly homesick first 6 months (wouldn't wish that on anyone !) I felt trapped here due to having brought our dog & 2 cats over so I thought it was impossible to go back. Phoned the company which brought our pets all over and was advised that as long as I got them rabies vaccine, we could all go back after 6 months ( without the animals having to go into quarantine in the UK) . I didn't get the vaccine. Just knowing that I could take us all back if I didn't feel better soon , that I wasn't trapped , helped and now after 13 months , I would hate to have to go back. We love it her (me, hubby & ten year old girl).

I came over to Brisbane in Jan 2008. I was badly, badly homesick first 6 months (wouldn't wish that on anyone !) I felt trapped here due to having brought our dog & 2 cats over so I thought it was impossible to go back. Phoned the company which brought our pets all over and was advised that as long as I got them rabies vaccine, we could all go back after 6 months ( without the animals having to go into quarantine in the UK) . I didn't get the vaccine. Just knowing that I could take us all back if I didn't feel better soon , that I wasn't trapped , helped and now after 13 months , I would hate to have to go back. We love it her (me, hubby & ten year old girl).

really glad to hear youve setteled,hopefully cat and dogs too.not returning because iam homesick do like it here but had a better lifestlye back home.the main reason is the job front or should i say lack of,did earn good money back home and knew i would be on less here but cant find work in my trade and dont forget you cant claim anything for the first 2 years and cant bear to keep watching my savings dwindle anymore,just got a job painting which is ok but not what i came over for so after a few talks with the wife came to the inevitable and with house prices crashing,some good bargains about:goofy:

Guest TheArmChairDetective
you hit the nail on the head earlswood,tried a few currys here and binned the lot.do miss a proper english pint.

The best of luck with your return, I am sure it's the right decision for you.

I am also sure it wasn't made because you missed some cruddy ole curry and a decent pint. You must try Murphys in OZ or Mac Black? before you leave.

Guest wee wen

Hi Chippy 2,

I realise that hubby & I have been extemely fortunate with our jobs etc , there is no doubt that is a huge factor in whether people settle or not ! Some might have no choice, financially, but to go back to Britain.

Just wanted to reassure you that if you have to go back it is not too difficult to take the beloved animals ! That went a long way to resolving the panic I was feeling about having no choice but to stay here.

Good luck with it all & I hope things work out for you & your family !

Archived