Serious question what would you do ????

Guest lovediving

Guest lovediving

I have a serious question which I would really appreciate your comments on.

I am in a dillema, I was due to go back to the UK due to not being too happy in Australia this month but have now put it off due to the recession and knowing that a lot of my colleagues/friends are now out of work over there.

I need to be able to work and survive and am not having much luck in Australia and cannot realistically hold on for much longer.

Should I try New Zealand, Wellington or go back to the UK and throw the towel in ??

thanks

i have a serious question which i would really appreciate your comments on.

I am in a dillema, i was due to go back to the uk due to not being too happy in australia this month but have now put it off due to the recession and knowing that a lot of my colleagues/friends are now out of work over there.

I need to be able to work and survive and am not having much luck in australia and cannot realistically hold on for much longer.

Should i try new zealand, wellington or go back to the uk and throw the towel in ??

Thanks

would you get a job in new zealand ????

Can you not get anything in oz just to tide you over ???

Would you be happy coming back to uk ????

Just some of the questions i would be asking myself before i made a decision ....good luck with what you decide

mrs keily

Guest earlswood

Remember that over 95% of people have jobs in the UK, none of my friends who have lost their jobs.

If you want to work you will find a job.

Could you not possibly just take any job just to tide you over in oz, I would imagine the job front is just as difficult in n/z, Here in the uk, people are also being layed off so i doubt you would find a suitable job quickly to help, you would be in a very long line. I would be more than inclined to sit tight, and go through the motions at least that way you are saving the cost of a flight.

Guest John Sydney

New Zealand has be officially in recession for the last 6 months If you cannot get a job in Sydney you no chance in New Zealand. Try the super markets as a self stacker or a car wash they always looking for casual workers - it will stop the cash out flow until you find a good job

Remember that over 95% of people have jobs in the UK, none of my friends who have lost their jobs.

95% 2+ million unemployed as many again probably on some kind of benefit that doesn't count has unemployed out of 60 million+ population there is a workforce of something like 14 million full time of which 2 million arent working,i know quite a few that have lost their jobs and alot more that have lost hours me included toyota which isnt far from me has closed the plant for a month the building trade are all fighting for small domestic work im afraid its bad at the moment and going to get worse if i was you i would stay put for a while unless you can secure a job before you come back.

I have a serious question which I would really appreciate your comments on.

I am in a dillema, I was due to go back to the UK due to not being too happy in Australia this month but have now put it off due to the recession and knowing that a lot of my colleagues/friends are now out of work over there.

I need to be able to work and survive and am not having much luck in Australia and cannot realistically hold on for much longer.

Should I try New Zealand, Wellington or go back to the UK and throw the towel in ??

thanks

Lovediving, I would stay where you are, this situation will pass in oz, the same as it will here, you must have good reasons for being there in the first place and nothing in England has changed except for the worse. Good luck in what you decide. andy

Guest colletteblue

i would have to say he,s right

Seriously, I would consider where is your best support network. If you are finding it hard to manage in Sydney - do you have a support network elsewhere in the world? If you think you would get better family/friend support in NZ then go there, if UK then head off there. It is easier to weather downturns and despair if you have people around you who care for you and somehow that makes things easier to manage. Whilst usually I would say stay where you have a job but if you havent managed to crack a secure job here then you would be just as well heading off somewhere else. I think the employment market is going to be tough no matter where you go hence make the decision based on what else is going to help you through the tough times.

Good luck, I know you have been doing it really tough in the last little while - hope your health is now good!

Can we ask what you do for a job lovediving also what visa you are on? I know before you said you have asthma problems which won't have helped you in Oz but I also have friends who suffer and regularly in UK had to be rushed into Hospital to go on the nebuliser who find Oz helps them maybe stress isn't helping you(mind you I am no Doctor) I only know from personal experience stress makes asthma worse. I hope to be in Sydney by June and there are plenty of other PIO's in Sydney have you made contact with them to build up a network? In the past week alone 10 of my friends have lost their jobs in various industries and others are on short time so if you can find a job over there I would do - personal opinion of course

Archived