Skills assessment pass - next step VISA application.

OzDreamSeekers

Hey everyone.

Yesterday we received my skills assessment results from the ICAA, so we are very happy. The next step is the VISA application, which we are completing online and without the help of an agent.

We choose not to use an agent because we believe that we are fully capable of going it alone (Skilled Independent 175).

Quality Emigration Agents, such as Go Matilda, are fantastic for those applicants who do not wish to go it alone, have a complicated situation, require assistance with the onerous VISA application procedure or just need some comfort or support during the process.

All the best to everyone and festive cheer to all.

Take Care

Hello, thats good news, im pleased for you . We are just looking into this too, only just joined the forum & I think we will apply on line too. I think we can manage it. If we get it we only planning on going in 2years so plenty of time to give it a go! Is the skills assessment the first step then? Can you do that online & how do you go about it, thanks , cheryl ( & good luck for ya application)

Hello, thats good news, im pleased for you . We are just looking into this too, only just joined the forum & I think we will apply on line too. I think we can manage it. If we get it we only planning on going in 2years so plenty of time to give it a go! Is the skills assessment the first step then? Can you do that online & how do you go about it, thanks , cheryl ( & good luck for ya application)

Hey Cheryl.

Thanks for your reply. Skills assessment is your first step with the 175 VISA. May I ask what the main visa applicant qualifications are, and what work experisnce you have? That has a large bearing on the next step.

Otherwise, the online application doesnt seem too onerous and I wish you all the best with that....of course I will be posting our VISA progress on here.

Everyone on here seem very helpful and we have had lots of sound advice. You do have to be careful of scare mongerers - just get all the facts and information and make your own decisions accordingly.

Of course at any stage of the process you can introduce an agent or ask advice (for a reasonable fee of course - I recommend Go Matilda, very open and helpful). So if you get stuck and really cannot progress they will help you out accordingly.

The Australian Immigration web site is fantastic and gives so much detail in plain english, so use it and do not skip anything....its better to have too much information and take twice as long, than to have too little and waste time, effort and money (and potentially risk starting from scratch).

All the best.

Adam

(always happy to help, if I can I will!)

Hey Cheryl.

Thanks for your reply. Skills assessment is your first step with the 175 VISA. May I ask what the main visa applicant qualifications are, and what work experisnce you have? That has a large bearing on the next step.

Otherwise, the online application doesnt seem too onerous and I wish you all the best with that....of course I will be posting our VISA progress on here.

Everyone on here seem very helpful and we have had lots of sound advice. You do have to be careful of scare mongerers - just get all the facts and information and make your own decisions accordingly.

Of course at any stage of the process you can introduce an agent or ask advice (for a reasonable fee of course - I recommend Go Matilda, very open and helpful). So if you get stuck and really cannot progress they will help you out accordingly.

The Australian Immigration web site is fantastic and gives so much detail in plain english, so use it and do not skip anything....its better to have too much information and take twice as long, than to have too little and waste time, effort and money (and potentially risk starting from scratch).

All the best.

Adam

(always happy to help, if I can I will!)

Thanks for the reply Adam, very helpful, my partner lays flooring (mainly amtico & Karndean, vinyl) on an industrial scale usually contracted to prisons/hospitals he also can fit carpets too (but prefers flooring) I have been worked in customer service for over 15 years , however now working in a very busy hairdressing salon as a part time receptionist.

Thanks again

Cheryl

Archived