immediate cut of skilled migrants!

Dawny

Recieved email today from the casework manager, stating that the Australian government is to review the no of skilled migrants from july 2009-2010,however the opposition party in Australia are calling for immediate cut by 50,000 skilled migrants now!!

They then say we are advising that you pursue as quick a visa lodgement as soon as possible, in order to avoid any potential delays to your migration that could be caused by DIAC.

an official notification of whether any migration cuts will be made by DIAC in november. ( so she went on to advise that we fill in all forms ready to go as soon as practicle is hopefully passed so it can be lodged!!)

Recieved email today from the casework manager, stating that the Australian government is to review the no of skilled migrants from july 2009-2010,however the opposition party in Australia are calling for immediate cut by 50,000 skilled migrants now!!

They then say we are advising that you pursue as quick a visa lodgement as soon as possible, in order to avoid any potential delays to your migration that could be caused by DIAC.

an official notification of whether any migration cuts will be made by DIAC in november. ( so she went on to advise that we fill in all forms ready to go as soon as practicle is hopefully passed so it can be lodged!!)

Dawny did you get this email from you Migration agent?

I think he is just being cautious, are you ready to submit?

No not yet but she has sent us all the DIAC forms that she wants us to fill in ready to go, o/h hasn't done vetassess practicle yet, and we already have a c/o, so all seems really fast,

Dawn

Hi - we got the same e-mail today but it said not to worry. My OH (electrician) is waiting to see whether he has passed his written assessment so that he can go on to do the practical in Feb 09. Our agent has e-mailed us all the appropriate visa forms so that we can get those filled in ready to submit once he has passed his practical. So fingers crossed the application is submitted before June 09 but like I say the agent said not to worry/panic.

Hi - we got the same e-mail today but it said not to worry. My OH (electrician) is waiting to see whether he has passed his written assessment so that he can go on to do the practical in Feb 09. Our agent has e-mailed us all the appropriate visa forms so that we can get those filled in ready to submit once he has passed his practical. So fingers crossed the application is submitted before June 09 but like I say the agent said not to worry/panic.

Thats good to know, at least you have received the same email as us, fingers x we will go through nice and quick!

Hope your o/h passes x

They just want to get your application in so there is no disappointment like the pathway d

fiasco

although pathway d was instant and didnt matter if you had lodged it or not

they may cut numbers but not by many[/quote

Thats we thought, fingers x it will go nice and smoothly x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dawny

Have you already paid for your Agents (Visa Bureau?) to deal with your visa application as well as your skills assessment? In other words, have you already paid 100% of whatever the total agreed fee is?

Who at DIAC has informed your agent that an announcement will be made by DIAC in November concerning the size of the Migration Program? Whether or not to cut the current quotas of visas is a political decision which can only be taken by the Australian Parliament and announced by the Minister for Immi. DIAC are merely the civil service so it is not their place to make an announcement of the type your agent is describing. Therefore I am at a loss to understand who within DIAC could possibly have made such a claim?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

Got to say this is pretty much what is happening. My mate just got his ENS PR visa approved (we are already over here on 457) and his case officer said she was amazed it went through as she is getting more and more knock backs than passes at the moment.

Hi Dawny

Have you already paid for your Agents (Visa Bureau?) to deal with your visa application as well as your skills assessment? In other words, have you already paid 100% of whatever the total agreed fee is?

Who at DIAC has informed your agent that an announcement will be made by DIAC in November concerning the size of the Migration Program? Whether or not to cut the current quotas of visas is a political decision which can only be taken by the Australian Parliament and announced by the Minister for Immi. DIAC are merely the civil service so it is not their place to make an announcement of the type your agent is describing. Therefore I am at a loss to understand who within DIAC could possibly have made such a claim?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill,

All agent fees have now been paid, only payment out standing is vetassess practicle, police and med costs. Its not DIAC which have made the claim, sorry my mistake , but they said DIAC would be informed.

DAWN

Hi Dawn

Im a little confused, mind you thats not unusual, lol. I thought I read one of your posts yesterday saying you had a case officer called Vanessa, but you said earlier in this thread that you have not applied yet for your visa, can you clarify for me.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Dawn

Im a little confused, mind you thats not unusual, lol. I thought I read one of your posts yesterday saying you had a case officer called Vanessa, but you said earlier in this thread that you have not applied yet for your visa, can you clarify for me.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Debbie,

i confuse myself lol, yes we do have a c/o awaiting vetassess practicle in feb, So visa will be submitted after that, if that makes sence, knowing me i read the last post wrong hun xx

Got to say this is pretty much what is happening. My mate just got his ENS PR visa approved (we are already over here on 457) and his case officer said she was amazed it went through as she is getting more and more knock backs than passes at the moment.

Ooh, this sounds worrying! Can u shed any more light on it . . . when did your friend apply for n get granted the ENS PR visa and at what stage are people being knocked back (employer nomination or visa stage?). As u can see from my signature, we're applying for ENS PR visa and are at the stage of having a case officer and just waiting for the medicals to be approved by Sydney.

Thanks for any extra info u can give!

Lizzie

Hi Debbie,

i confuse myself lol, yes we do have a c/o awaiting vetassess practicle in feb, So visa will be submitted after that, if that makes sence, knowing me i read the last post wrong hun xx

Still confused Dawn, i was always under the impression that you did not get a CO unless your visa application has been lodged. Maybe Gill can clarify for me, i know everyone tells me im a dumb blonde, lol.

Debbie

xxx

Guest Gollywobbler
Still confused Dawn, i was always under the impression that you did not get a CO unless your visa application has been lodged. Maybe Gill can clarify for me, i know everyone tells me im a dumb blonde, lol.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Debbie

I think Dawny means that Visa Bureau have appointed one of their own visa application case workers to look after Dawny & John, whereas you are thinking of a DIAC CO.

Cheers

Gill

yes Debbie, i think your right... Maybe Dawny is talking about her agent? Correct me if im wrong Dawny, sorry. This is all so confusing, really hope we can get our visa applications in on time... getting worried now. Got our skills assessment in feb so will have to get a move on soon after. How bout you deb, how far are you along the very long process. x

yes Debbie, i think your right... Maybe Dawny is talking about her agent? Correct me if im wrong Dawny, sorry. This is all so confusing, really hope we can get our visa applications in on time... getting worried now. Got our skills assessment in feb so will have to get a move on soon after. How bout you deb, how far are you along the very long process. x

Hi there, all i know is our agent has told us any communication now will be done through our c/o who will help us through all our needs and lodge the visa etc when needed, we do not need to speak through anyone else now, And thats about it, i know nothing else im affraid, in the dark so to speak

Dawn

Hi Debbie

I think Dawny means that Visa Bureau have appointed one of their own visa application case workers to look after Dawny & John, whereas you are thinking of a DIAC CO.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks for replying Gill, it seems much clearer now that it is her agents case worker and not DIAC.

Really appreciate your hard work.

Debbie

xxx

Still early days for us Tina, submitting OH ACS application (IT assessment) to the agent on Friday, then await for that to be passed and then hopefully early Jan apply for the visa and join everyone in a long queue.

Debbie

xxx

Archived