immediate cut of skilled migrants!

Dawny

Hi there, all i know is our agent has told us any communication now will be done through our c/o who will help us through all our needs and lodge the visa etc when needed, we do not need to speak through anyone else now, And thats about it, i know nothing else im affraid, in the dark so to speak

Dawn

Hi Dawn

As seems much clearer now, wish you all the best for the vetasses and visa.

Debbie

xxx

Hi Dawny

Have you already paid for your Agents (Visa Bureau?) to deal with your visa application as well as your skills assessment? In other words, have you already paid 100% of whatever the total agreed fee is?

Who at DIAC has informed your agent that an announcement will be made by DIAC in November concerning the size of the Migration Program? Whether or not to cut the current quotas of visas is a political decision which can only be taken by the Australian Parliament and announced by the Minister for Immi. DIAC are merely the civil service so it is not their place to make an announcement of the type your agent is describing. Therefore I am at a loss to understand who within DIAC could possibly have made such a claim?

Best wishes

Gill

LOL Gill, dont forget that we have the epitome of kneejerk government here at the moment - dont be surprised at any edict coming out of any government program at any time any more. This is the mob whose financial knee jerking saw a run on the non banks which has resulted in thousands (lots of retirees with their retirement savings) having their funds totally frozen even though there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. Heavens knows what they will do with immigration but what they seem to be doing is taking an Opposition suggestion and doubling/trebling/quadrupling it and making it much bigger and better and to heck with the consequences.

Good luck to everyone waiting in line!

I agree with Quoll it could all change in a day. The Age today in Melbourne has an article saying that Australia will be in recession in months and this will be one of the things that will sway the gov if public opinion changes.

Also saw article saying food prices will rise 25 percent by January because of drought, dollar etc.

Archived