Filthy & dangerous

cartertucker

Hi,

Today I took my 5 year old son to a park about 10minutes drive away from our house...

I was shocked to see broken beer bottles (& I dont mean a bit of broken glass, it was everywhere) :sad:

The play equipment was covered in mud where people hadnt been using properly, ie: standing on swings rather than sitting & walking up slides etc

Graffiti telling us that we 'fu*k our mums', drawings that were also really gross :shocked:

So I can safely say that we didnt stay long!

What are play parks like where you live?

Kelly :0)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning, often huge open green areas some with lakes, with lots of good play equipment-upto date and interesting, clean condition and well maintained and safe. I like that some of them have a variety of specific age designs so little ones dont get trampled by the older kids. Plenty of parks all over the place-spoilt for choice and free parking. But im in Perth! Nearest one to us back in the UK-grotty, broken, graffiti etc!

Our park is ok good quality play equipment but older children sprayed graffiti all over the floor. Surrounding fields full of dog poo hardly anyone cleans up after dog. Needless to say I dont let my children run free through fields.

Do people clean up after dogs in oz?

Guest michelle in Havant

We have to go to the park near us before 11am, as after that it is taken over by the local drunks!!!!!

Michelle x

Our park is ok good quality play equipment but older children sprayed graffiti all over the floor. Surrounding fields full of dog poo hardly anyone cleans up after dog. Needless to say I dont let my children run free through fields.

Oh and wonderfully this morning, I was walking my dog (poo bags in hand as always!) and he rushes out of the undergrowth with a huge gob-full of HUMAN poo!!!:realmad:

I was disgusted - more at the human who did that than the dog who with his very basic instinct decided it was a nicer meal than his usual food. But he still isn't getting near enough to give me a kiss any time soon!:arghh:

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
Oh and wonderfully this morning, I was walking my dog (poo bags in hand as always!) and he rushes out of the undergrowth with a huge gob-full of HUMAN poo!!!:realmad:

I was disgusted - more at the human who did that than the dog who with his very basic instinct decided it was a nicer meal than his usual food. But he still isn't getting near enough to give me a kiss any time soon!:arghh:

Why am I finding this so funny...i cant stop laughing.

the park near us in good condition probably because we live in the nicer area locally most people clear up after there dog (because some have been prosecuted before)but there is graffiti on the park and as you all say what they write is offensive and you dont want your children reading it there is broken glass (beer bottles) but thats britain for you

Guest michelle in Havant

YUCK!!!!!!!!! I must admit though I did chuckle when I pictured your dog bounding out of the undergrowth all chuffed with himself at the discovery of his tasty snack!!!

Michelle x

Guest earlswood
Hi,

Today I took my 5 year old son to a park about 10minutes drive away from our house...

I was shocked to see broken beer bottles (& I dont mean a bit of broken glass, it was everywhere) :sad:

The play equipment was covered in mud where people hadnt been using properly, ie: standing on swings rather than sitting & walking up slides etc

Graffiti telling us that we 'fu*k our mums', drawings that were also really gross :shocked:

So I can safely say that we didnt stay long!

What are play parks like where you live?

Kelly :0)

I am afraid where I live in Perth it is the same, full of graffeti and gangs of kids who are high on drink and drugs...bad places in the UK and Oz these days as kids do not have respect for anything or anyone including the police who they just mock over here..

Guest earlswood

Simple answer....................................NO

I am afraid where I live in Perth it is the same, full of graffeti and gangs of kids who are high on drink and drugs...bad places in the UK and Oz these days as kids do not have respect for anything or anyone including the police who they just mock over here..

Do you frequent these parks often earlswood?

Your welcome to come join us in the many that surround our suburb in Shenton Park-you'll find they are nothing like you describe.

Guest earlswood
Do you frequent these parks often earlswood?

Your welcome to come join us in the many that surround our suburb in Shenton Park-you'll find they are nothing like you describe.

Very nice for you, but the Perth I live in has many problems with anti-social behavior and gangs of drunk kids on booze and drugs similar to the UK, all I am saying is that you get bad areas in both Countries.

Guest Angie*mark

Mine are just as bad where i live...... i have 2 parks near me that i refuse to go to, due to broken glass, disgusting rude grafitti, dog poo and the fact that local kids try to burn the equipment every night so it's completely charred.

I take my kids to a park that i walk 20mins to get too and i have to make sure that i get there before a certain time aswell as it too is overtaken by kids who like to think they are hard by drinking alcopops and smoking and swearing at the top of their lungs.............disgusting!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ali1963

When I last went to WA one of the local mums in a lovely new play area warned me to just keep my eyes open for needles in the sand.

Guest earlswood
When I last went to WA one of the local mums in a lovely new play area warned me to just keep my eyes open for needles in the sand.

You get problems with youths and drugs all over the world these days, Oz has good and bad parts the same the world over...but even the god parts get these louts now and again who abuse it...shame but that is the way the world is going these days.

Guest sazzle76

Our local park is not too bad, well not in the day anyway as its not in a town, but local teenagers do their usual afta dark, this is just boredom im sure. Dog Poo - yes, not seen bad graffiti but the other sunday afternoon a cop car pulled up coz there had been a reported dirty old git hiding out in the toilets, coppers questioning mums and ice cream van bloke.. im hoping they got the sad old **** coz minutes later a load of rozzer cars went hurtling off towards the nearby train station.

Why oh why do these parasites not get shoved on death row like they would in the US!?

ok, rant over! next...

Guest guest17301

My hubby took our kids to a new play park recently opened at our local country park.. He said it was great; however it is the execption to the rule, there are lots of play areas springing up where I live but within a few weeks most have been a)vandalised b) set on fire c) defaced with grafitti. I was shocked to see one such area where the safety flooring had been literally ripped up in one place by yobs. I'm not too fussed with a bit of grafitti but I truly hope there is not a lot of mindless vandalism in Perth...

Very nice for you, but the Perth I live in has many problems with anti-social behavior and gangs of drunk kids on booze and drugs similar to the UK, all I am saying is that you get bad areas in both Countries.

Very true, in which case sounds like you could do with moving to a 'good area'.

Guest Jade_Hannah_Smith

The park where i live is just a few wooden stumps that used to be a fence, not one bit of equipment is there anymore, as for the sign its graffitied with stuff like f**k your mum and that......nice.

Guest earlswood
The park where i live is just a few wooden stumps that used to be a fence, not one bit of equipment is there anymore, as for the sign its graffitied with stuff like f**k your mum and that......nice.

Th graffiti over here is not as good as banksie....but more of it.

The parks around us are great. You don't just get your two swings and a slide over here, you get rope ladders, zip wires, climbing frames with nets and chains hanging off 'em, spinny things and rocking boats. Sometimes a community barbecue alongside side with seating and tables. Often the play areas are covered with huge sunscreens to protect the kids. Have seen some grafitti but nothing nasty and no vandelism at any of the play areas we've visited. Not to say there isn't vandelism, but we've not come across any yet. All the beaches we been on have a play area nearby which is great if the kids get bored of the sand and sea.

The play areas seem to be maintained pretty regularly as well here. The nearest one to us has had two new coverings of bark chippings since we've been here (June).

T x

Archived