Filthy & dangerous

cartertucker

Guest NewLifeDownUnder
Good post....spot on....kids are the same world wide..most good ...a few little ****ds

Its the ba**(( that let the rest of them down. Stick in a locked room with nothing but a xbox and they will be begging to get out and start enjoying life again!!

Or you could get them doing some community service and clean up the graffiti that there friends have done the day before.....now thats an idea!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kelly,

We have some lovely parks in Norwich and the one

near us is clean and tidy with 2 football pitches and a play area for under tens. It also has stuff for older children.

It did suffer some vandalism a few years back but it is still a safe place to go and play or fly a kite!!!!

I haven't seen a park here that i wouldn't consider going to.

We often stop off on the way home from school for a play ,

We are lucky.

Gail xx

Guest Tricky C
Our park is ok good quality play equipment but older children sprayed graffiti all over the floor. Surrounding fields full of dog poo hardly anyone cleans up after dog. Needless to say I dont let my children run free through fields.

Do people clean up after dogs in oz?

The parks that i have seen in Oz so far are fantastic, they are everyhere. never in a year have I seen any broken equipment or broken bottles. You wwill see some graffitii like everywhere but nothing much & the local council soon come to clean it up if you call & report it to them As for dog poo (my pet hate :realmad:) there are a lot of 'Dog parks' here so the dog owners really have no need to go where the children play which is great. If they are caught not cleaning up after their dog there is a fine to pay.

And while the kids are playing you can throw the snags on the barbi for their lunch as most parks have at least one in them (free)

Tricia

The parks that i have seen in Oz so far are fantastic, they are everyhere. never in a year have I seen any broken equipment or broken bottles. You wwill see some graffitii like everywhere but nothing much & the local council soon come to clean it up if you call & report it to them As for dog poo (my pet hate ) there are a lot of 'Dog parks' here so the dog owners really have no need to go where the children play which is great. If they are caught not cleaning up after their dog there is a fine to pay.

And while the kids are playing you can throw the snags on the barbi for their lunch as most parks have at least one in them (free)

Tricia

Hi Tricia,

Great to hear from you & thanks for your positive post, where abouts in Australia are you? Your parks sound great.:yes:

Kelly :smile:

Guest HappyBunny

Unless you live in a dodgy area, the parks in oz, are in my opinion much better than the UK. On our estate we have lots of little play areas for the weenies, we have 3 within 5 minutes walk of the house. The bigger parks offer more space and better facilities and usually have the free barbie areas. Also seems to be more public loos in oz which is great if you have little ones in tow (will stay off the toilet humour!) I have noticed the some dog mess but not loads and on the whole I think it's much cleaner here than the UK, far less litter. Also, loads of people walk around without any shoes on, not just near the beaches. I was sat in the car outside our local shop the other day waiting for the OH and counted the number of people that went in after him and out of 6 people only 1 person had shoes on, you couldn't risk walking barefoot in the UK as you wouldn't know what you might step in!

Hi Alison,

Just a note about my Boxer though, he truly is the best dog in the world (poop eating incident aside! :biglaugh:) He is faithfull, loving, caring & the best friend any adult or child could ever wish for.

Kelly :0)

Same here! We had a Cavalier King Charles before, she was lovely and cuddly and never got up to anything, our Boxer is like having another child, but she is so cuddly too and very protective. Having a pet is wonderful, you'll always get some annoying habits with some animals, just like with other people!!!! Most people DO clean up after their pets! It's the odd one that doesn't that really spoils it for other people!

I agree with you HappyBunny, we saw loads of children without shoes on, ours even took theirs off sometimes. I never saw any dog poo at the parks, in fact I don't recall see any dogs nearby. The parks we visited were a lot cleaner than ones we've seen in the UK. They also have some fantastic ideas for the children over there! We visited quite a few different parks around Perth. Kings Park was fantastic. Tomato Lake was nice as things are nicely spaced out and it's a nice area to walk. We also spent a bit of time at Whiteman Park, but the sand at the park was really HOT! The water park there was a good way of cooling down!

Tracey

Guest earlswood
Unless you live in a dodgy area, the parks in oz, are in my opinion much better than the UK. On our estate we have lots of little play areas for the weenies, we have 3 within 5 minutes walk of the house. The bigger parks offer more space and better facilities and usually have the free barbie areas. Also seems to be more public loos in oz which is great if you have little ones in tow (will stay off the toilet humour!) I have noticed the some dog mess but not loads and on the whole I think it's much cleaner here than the UK, far less litter. Also, loads of people walk around without any shoes on, not just near the beaches. I was sat in the car outside our local shop the other day waiting for the OH and counted the number of people that went in after him and out of 6 people only 1 person had shoes on, you couldn't risk walking barefoot in the UK as you wouldn't know what you might step in!

I hate people in the supermarket and bars with no shoes on, I can actually smell their dirty feet half the time.....disgusting habit. :skeptical: and don't agree with the litter, far more over here from what I see every day.

Guest HappyBunny
I hate people in the supermarket and bars with no shoes on, I can actually smell their dirty feet half the time.....disgusting habit. :skeptical: and don't agree with the litter, far more over here from what I see every day.

Speak as you find Earls, perhaps where you live you do have a litter problem, but our estate and Queensland in general are very clean. There are areas where litter and graffiti are evident but you get that everywhere and those are the areas to avoid.

Our boxer developed a taste for cat poo when we got our last cat. She liked to sneak into the utility room for some cat poo in crisp, crunchy cat litter!!!!

Tracey

I also had a dog (bull terrier) that had a taste for Cat poo, but she perferred her's with the wrapper on. :biglaugh:

Cheers

Craig

P.S She just ate the whole Cat!,(Clever Dog!!)

Archived