Can I just say..

Guest Tim

Western Australian drivers are rubbish! Cut a long story short driving back from the airport today and had two near misses - one on the Kwinanna freeway - I was toddling along in the slow lane doing about 110kph when this bloke in the fast lane moved over trying to undertake someone in the fast lane, I had to move over to the hard shoulder to avoid a collision. ... Then in Rockingham, this pillock pulled out from a junction without looking to had to pull around him into the other lane, it was millimetres. I was lucky there was no one coming in the other direction. This after explaining previously to my brother on the way back from the airport you have to watch other WA drivers! :err:

He now understands!

Anyway whinge over with.

TIm

Western Australian drivers are rubbish! Cut a long story short driving back from the airport today and had two near misses - one on the Kwinanna freeway - I was toddling along in the slow lane doing about 110kph when this bloke in the fast lane moved over trying to undertake someone in the fast lane, I had to move over to the hard shoulder to avoid a collision. ... Then in Rockingham, this pillock pulled out from a junction without looking to had to pull around him into the other lane, it was millimetres. I was lucky there was no one coming in the other direction. This after explaining previously to my brother on the way back from the airport you have to watch other WA drivers! :err:

He now understands!

Anyway whinge over with.

TIm

Totally agree with you - every time I get in the car my fingers clench instinctively, we`ve had a few near misses (one time a woman decided to drive between us and a truck - traffic ahead had slowed - she hadn`t -she had to go between or slam into the back of us - she missed us by inches and then swerved immediately in front, hubby had to slam on the brakes really quick - I saw my life flash before me). It`s the car parks that you have to watch as well - I was taking a lesson on Australia Day we decided to go to the beach car park to practice parking - there was one other car there (4x4) hubby was just pointing out which bay he wanted me to park in and she reversed straight into our back end - she said she had looked and we hadn`t been there (she couldn`t have looked very hard then as we have a metallic orange car)she then tried to say that as it happened in a car park no-one was at fault - I won`t tell you what I said in reply!!!

I was in a crash the month after arriving - a driving instructor no less came out of a side road (which said give way) and cut across 2 lanes of traffice to join the carriageway going in the opposite direction. Also a trans perth bus took my hubby off the road coming back from mandurah, hubby had slowed due to a hazard ahead whilst the bus carried on full speed, took him down a ditch, van overturned and was leaking diesel. Passers by pulled him out, the police said the fact that he'd slowed down probably saved him from serious injury. Ironically, the 2 tow trucks arrived before the police, ambulance or fire brigade.

Ali

I was in a crash the month after arriving - a driving instructor no less came out of a side road (which said give way) and cut across 2 lanes of traffice to join the carriageway going in the opposite direction. Also a trans perth bus took my hubby off the road coming back from mandurah, hubby had slowed due to a hazard ahead whilst the bus carried on full speed, took him down a ditch, van overturned and was leaking diesel. Passers by pulled him out, the police said the fact that he'd slowed down probably saved him from serious injury. Ironically, the 2 tow trucks arrived before the police, ambulance or fire brigade.

Ali

It really is scarey the way they drive over here and a bloody instructor should definately know better. My friend reported a bus driver a few months ago - he pulled out and gave her the finger ( she couldn`t move over because she had someone behind her and someone on her other side just at her back door) charming!

I agree with Jo ,its Australia wide,lol, they have a death wish im sure! I see more accidents here than when i lived in Manchester and here we have half the amount of vehicles? i also think truck drivers should be told that just because they have 'big' toys they dont actually OWN the roads!

Cal x

He now understands!

Anyway whinge over with.

TIm

Strewth Tim how long you been in WA and its taken till now to find that out best one yesterday on the freeway bird nearly side swiped me she was on the fone eatin a sandwich at the same time needless to say she got the fb treatment up her arse wiyh full beam after choice words gona buy some motocross boots with the steel tips betta find a spray shop I used to carry a toffee hammer inthe uk and give there wing mirrors a tap if they misbehaved

Mally from Kally

Well don't even think about coming to QLD Tim-every day you risk you lives on the roads here. I did think drivers in WA were bad.....until we came to QLD !!

Well don't even think about coming to QLD Tim-every day you risk you lives on the roads here. I did think drivers in WA were bad.....until we came to QLD !!

Hee Hee.

I have just heard a python in the roof and a "lost" brown snake in your garage! Lucky lucky you!

Who you gonna call - Snakebusters!

Hee Hee.

I have just heard a python in the roof and a "lost" brown snake in your garage! Lucky lucky you!

Who you gonna call - Snakebusters!

Oh Joy of country living !!

Can't believe snake busters are expensive and will only come if you know where the snake is !

And Australia Zoo just said not to kill it !

Ali

Find the transperth buses in WA terrible-seen so many near misses/crashes and road rage involving them. They always pull out without looking even if you are already half way round them-they just dont seem to care!

Definitely Australia wide. Very few can manage the myriad roundabouts we have in Canberra and yesterday we "met" just one car on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and he couldnt even be bothered moving over to the side of the dirt strip - had a bloody great 4wd so thought he was immune and obviously not expecting anyone to be sharing his dirt road.

This is better...i stupidly reversed into my rental garage door because it changes it mind as to how quick it should open. The cost of repair is $800. I called Alianz insurance who we are with and they informed me that because i am inexperienced to driving in WA i have to pay another $500 dollar excess on top of the $300 excess we have. When i explained that in UK wer drive on same side of road and that all rules are the same and that we usually drive thru hail, rain , snow and sleet in one trip...they still wouldnt repent and said i would have to pay $800 dollars...another wee scam on the visitors i think!!!

Archived