Friends Wanted URGENTLY !

Guest Mart&Co

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mart&Co

Sharon,

The park option sounds good for us. The weather forecast says hot (29) and sunny so I might just watch the kick about instead of taking part of thats OK with you...probably manage a beer tho' !

As far as we are concerned, the more people that go, the merrier. How will we recognise one another? do we have to wear a carnation or something ?

(mind you, you can spot a Brit a mile away !!)

Anyway, look forward to seeing you all !!

Mart

Guest jonnyd809

Im lookin forward 2 sunday, as from what i have read so far there is a lot of people cumming along.. just a little confused on as to where we are meeting... can sum1 let us know when, where and time we are meeting and what 2 bring along ... thanks alot and see ya's all soon

So it looks like there are now 14 of us - it will be some turn out if everyone pitches up...Mart, I think your plea for more friends has been answered!

Kaz & Jim Simpson - Kallangur

Ross - Lavendar - Kenmore

The Millars - North Lakes

Mart & Co - Petrie

Tony & Michelle - Narangba

Bruce7 - Redcliffe

JaynieB - North Lakes

Scots-in-Brissie - DBay

CazHen

AnnaS

EmmaWalker

Jonnyd809 - Narangba

Mrs C - Arundel Hills

and us

On the google map, the park is in between the suburbs of Chermside, Aspley and Zillmere - Murphy Road has parks on both sides of it, but it is called the 7th Brigade Park. We'll try to be there for 11am and get near one of the BBQ's.

I have tried to plot the distances you all live in to the park, and it looks like for all areas it will take about 25-35 mins to get there, so central for us all, but if someone knows a better location then honestly happy to change it. I have only been here a few weeks and really only been to New Farm Park and Roma St Parklands in the city, so its a bit of a random pick...don't blame me if it's not 100% right!

I suggest we all carry a copy of the Courier Mail under our arm and/or wear a red rose so we can all spot each other easily!! Seriously though, not sure how we will all know each other...just listen out for a lot of British accents stood near a BBQ I suppose. I will happily give people my mobile no. if you want to PM me. If I get organised enough I may try and get some balloons and tie them to my son's pushchair, that should be an easy thing to spot...hopefully I can stop him from bursting them before you arrive!

Sharon

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

7th Brigade Park sounds good for us too. I'll go for the balloons on the buggy as well. Are we bringing a 'plate' or doing our own thing?

We've got a crawl through tunnel and bits and pieces that I'll bring for the littlies.

See you all Sunday.

Taryn and Fraser

Crikey Taryn, you are organised with the extra play equipment for the little ones...great idea though, I know my wee boy will love it.

I think for the food and drink we are all doing our own thing at this stage, then people can bring as much or as little as they like. Maybe if it is a success and we organise another one, we can all select a plate to bring then. As you have Brissie mates, did they say this park was ok??

Hi Guys, We are here in the Uk still so going to miss your meet we arrive in Brisbane on the 10th December and staying in Chermside for a month before we decide where we are going to settle:goofy:

Well I am 40+ something and hubbie is 40 and the boys will be 17 & 15, so if you have another meet after we have arrived we would love to join you all. Have been to the Essex Meets here and made lots of great friends.

Have a great time and keep us updated with any other meets

Kim Daren Luke & Jordan:cool:

Guest jonnyd809

Ye that sounds good 2 me, can i also put there is 17 of us as my Parents and younger brother are cumming 2. The idea of the currier mail under the arm was a good idea, very thoughtful. But the balloon i think will be the 1 i'll be looking out for. Im taking it there is sufficient parking spaces as by the sounds of it there is going 2 be a few cars.

A bbq sounds a good idea, ill be sure 2 bring sum food and look forward 2 seeing u all there :err::biglaugh:

Sorry Jonny, When I said 14, I meant point of contacts on PIO, but as for couples/families - I think actual numbers (if everyone turns up) will be between 45-50!

There seemed to be a fair few car park spaces in the park so we will hopefully all be ok.

See you on Sunday.

Asked to leave a public park for popping balloons...what has the world come to?!

Once everyone has arrived I'll be giving them out to the kids and if they let them go or pop them, then surely no one is grumpy enough to tell a child off for doing that...well, we'll see!!!

Im unhappy and grumpy that i cant come and play on sunday please keep me posted especially if you have another. Id watch the balloons heard a uk PIO meet got asked to leave there venue as they were popping balloons

LOL Yes the PIO Essex Meet was askd to leave the pub due to kids popping some balloons:biglaugh: Maybe balloons are not a good omen for pio meets :nah:

Guest scottie27

Hi all,

Have only recently moved into Carseldine and found this post this morning. We have only been here 6 weeks does anyone mind if we join you?

Barb, Steve, Abi (6) , Oli (3) & Sarah (18m):v_SPIN:

Guest jaynieb
Im unhappy and grumpy that i cant come and play on sunday please keep me posted especially if you have another. Id watch the balloons heard a uk PIO meet got asked to leave there venue as they were popping balloons:twitcy:

hi everyone

Looking forward to the meetup. Hi Nurse Sue I'm a nurse where do you work? I work in the emergency department at Mater private, just started, very much slower than where I worked in the UK, sorry that you can make the meet up maybe next time.

Jayne

hi everyone

Looking forward to the meetup. Hi Nurse Sue I'm a nurse where do you work? I work in the emergency department at Mater private, just started, very much slower than where I worked in the UK, sorry that you can make the meet up maybe next time.

Jayne

Hi Jayne

Im at the Princess Alexandra Hospital emergency Department been here 6mths Will definately like to meet up will pm you.enjoy tomorrow

Sue

Hi Mart and co,

We live on southside but its not that far away, i am 39 (that old??) and hubby is 43 our son is 17 and our daughter is 13. My boy is mad about skateboarding and is a nice lad but missing his uk pals like mad. Daughter has settled right in, lots of friends, sleepovers etc.

Might be nice to meet up or something, we are smokers so hope that doesnt put you off! We both work full time but are free on the weekends, we dont really go to pubs or clubs or anything but enjoy barbies and beer etc! We dont have any friends here yet either but to be honest its been so crazy since we hit the ground running in Feb that we havent had time to think about it!!

Just let me know if you fancy meeting up or anything ok. Wow koalas in the garden!!!!! I only saw them when we went to the zoo and deamworld!

x x x

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

Just wanted to say Hi and that we had a great time too. Thomas was in bed and asleep by 6.10PM and Leah by 7.30!

Will def have to catch up again.

Taryn and Fraser.

Guest Mart&Co

Hello Everyone,

Great to see so many people today we looked like we had friends for once:biglaugh:

Big thank you to sharon for organising it.Be good to do it again at a diffrent location next time.

Speak soon Lorraine

Guest brandyoz

Hi All,

This is my first entry! I have just been granted my 175 VISA and I will be moving over as soon as I have a little money saved. I am a teacher and want to live in QLD, around BBNE. Are there any areas to avoid?

Guest Tony and Michelle

It was good to meet up with people yesterday and we would definitely like to do it again as we didnt get the time to speak to everyone!!!:smile:

Tony and Michelle

Archived