Friends Wanted URGENTLY !

Guest Mart&Co

Guest Tony and Michelle

Hello there,

We have just arrived from North East of Englanf 2 weeks ago and are staying in Narangba. We are of similar ages and have an 18 yr old son with us. We are looking fobs now but Calum had jst finished his apprenticeship back in England and is already working.

Another couple who we know from England have moved very close to us and they to are job hunting. They have an 18yr old and 16 yr old son and she is a nurse.

All are only at the min apart from each others company so give us a shout if you fancy meeting uo.

Tony and Michelle

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kizznandy

Hi there so where from nth england were you from ? How are you finding the australian life so far ? Have you ever been out here before ? Not sure whos writing to who on the notice board really but the questions for michelle & tony.We came from nth east, lincolnshire to be said ..... like it here more though....chat again kizz

Great response, looking fwd to meeting you all, so far we have 7 families in total...

Kaz & Jim Simpson - Kallangur

Ross - Lavendar - Kenmore

The Millars - North Lakes

Mart & Co - Petrie

Tony & Michelle - Narangba...are you coming to the meet up, was a bit unsure, hope you do.

Bruce7 - Redcliffe

and us

I am hoping to drive up that way on weds for a rekkie on the parks, looking for somewhere that has a park with swings /slides etc but lots of green area too so the older ones can have a kick about if they want (and potentially the dads too) but that also has the covered BBQ areas...most seem to have these anyway. I have been told Redcliffe is heaving on Sundays and you can have trouble parking sometimes and shady places in the park get snapped up quickly along with the BBQ's, so any other suggestions welcome...Bruce is that true?

What time do people want to meet? Say 11am and then we can get the Barbie started and have a beer.

Sharon

Guest Tony and Michelle

Hi to everyone who responded to our posting, really pleased about the response would love to meet up on Sunday. Apologies for the spelling (a glass to many last night). We are from Middlesbrough, Tony is originally from Durham. We came out here in April and May just to make sure we were making the right decision, we landed in Sydney and travelled up to Trinity Beach had a great time.

Look forward to meeting everyone,

Michelle and Tony

Hi Sharon

We would like to meet up we moved from the UK 3 weeks ago moving to NorthLakes on the 8th Oct, in Kedron at the mo. It would be nice to meet up with some fellow Brits, if you let us know where, what time and if you want us to bring anything?

Jayne

Guest Tony and Michelle

Hi Sharon

Sorry I can't suggest anywhere to meet, we have been so busy with tax ref, healthcarre, driving licence, renting a house etc we haven't had much time to look around the area as yet.

Michelle

So what is the new business in Beerwah-are you keeping it under wraps ?

We'de be up for a few beers ! What business are you setting up in Beerwah ? Are we getting something new and exciting ? Please tell me it is an Indian restaurant !

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

Hi,

We're in Dbay. Im from Oz but lived in NE Scotland for 7yrs. DH is from Scotland. We've been back in Oz for nearly 2 yrs but in Brisbane for only 3 months.

Def interested in a meet-up. I think Suttons is fantastic. Please count us in for a meet, wherever it is. Scarborough is quite good too, but not sure if they have BBQ's.

I will ask my Brisbanite g/fs and see what they suggest.

Hope to meet you all soon,

Taryn (27)

Fraser (32)

Leah (4)

Thomas (1)

So what is the new business in Beerwah-are you keeping it under wraps ?

Melly,

It's nothing too exciting but I am currently in transition with the current owners to take over Beerwah Mechanical Services on Beerwah road. The sale completes on the 10th October and I am sure I can offer an excellent service to you and all your friends...bring them all along !

Look forward to seeing you sometime.

Kind regards,

Martin

Hiya All,

We are new to the Gold Coast, but Oldies as far as PIO goes...lol We will be moving into a house at Arundel Hills tomorrow and are always keen to meet new friends.

We are (for those who don't know)

Me April, Hubz Richard, Daughters Bobbie-leigh 19 and Carrie 17 and our son Bradley is 13.

We don't mind a nice drive out so SC is no probs.

Hi,

We (James & Carolyn) moved to Brisbane June we are slowly but surely making some friends but are very sociable people and would love to make some new friends. I am a midwife & James works in IT. We are both in our early 30s and excitted about our new beginning in Brisbane.

Hi JaynieB

I think we are all just bringing our own as in drinks and all the BBQ/sandwich/salad stuff - if this becomes more of a regular occurance then we can maybe get a bit more organised as to bringing shared dishes, as I know that is more the Aussie way!

Looks like it will be a good turn out - we are up to 10 families now, what with Scots-in-Brissie and Mrs C, so it looks like we will be taking over whichever park we descend on. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone and having a day out.

Sharon

Oh I prefer the Indian restaurant option :-)

Good luck with it all-will try and pop in when you are up and running !

Melly,

It's nothing too exciting but I am currently in transition with the current owners to take over Beerwah Mechanical Services on Beerwah road. The sale completes on the 10th October and I am sure I can offer an excellent service to you and all your friends...bring them all along !

Look forward to seeing you sometime.

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi everyone,

We have been here 4 weeks now and are currently renting in the Murrumba Downs area which is not far from Petrie. I like the look of Petrie aswell and when we buy will be looking in that area.

Would like to meet up with you all but have a kiddies party on Sunday but hope you all have a good time.

Wendy

Guest jonnyd809

hello there, im jonny, im 18 and me and my family have just moved 2 aussie and are located in Narangba, soo too martin in petrie a big hello !! we have bin here only 3 weeks now and are enjoying it except were having the same problem everyone else is that we have no freinds.. /i read you also have an 18 yr old son ... Maybe a meet wud be a good idea sumtime and get 2 know people and sort this problem of having no freinds ... anyway ill check back later 2 see if there is any replies .... cya's

Oh and hello tony and michellee haha fancy seeing u on ere

If its ok with every1 if i cud pop along 2 the meet on sunday .. wudnt mind sum m8's

Guest Tony and Michelle

Hi Emma

It would be great if you came along! Look forward to meeting you both.

Michelle and Tony

Hi everyone

We had a drive upto Westfield Plaza/shopping mall today and there was a nice park nearby called 7th Brigade Park, just off the main Gympie Road, on a road called Murphy Road.

It looked like it had plenty of parking and had 2 parks for us with little ones but plenty of green fields around it for those that fancy a kick about, also had a few BBQ's that were under shady areas. I never went in it but it looked nice from the road - thought it may be a bit quieter than Redcliffe and you would hopefuly get a car park space with no problem. Also if you forget anything - the mall is only 5 mins away!!

Let me know what you all think. If you would prefer to go to Suttons Beach in Redcliffe I'm happy to go there too as it is nice, just a bit busy - will need to clarify by Friday morning latest as we are moving house that day & won't have internet access again till next week.

Sharon

Archived