Which Migration Agent are you using? - List

cartertucker

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Denver

We are using Visa-Go, Darren and Erin, and Bronwyn. Have passed aqfIII and tra. Applications have been lodged. Just waiting.

Found them very helpful, easy to contact if ever had an issue. Able to pay fees in instalments.

Paul and Tina

Just a quick note to say that our fees are fixed, but are dependent on the visa subclass under which you apply (business skills cases are more involved - and therefore more expensive - than a skilled visa application), the occupation nominated (if you are applying for a skilled visa and require assistance with the skills assessment application), and your personal circumstances (eg non migrating children).

In other words our fee for one client would not necessarily be the same as for another.

You are welcome to telephone for a freebie chat, after which we can send you a proposal as to costs by email on a no obligation basis - T 023 80 30 25 25 (Southampton), or Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best regards.

Guest AdamJstacey

Hello I am using the Visa Bureau.. no complaints, answers any questions very quickly. Excellent People to talk with.

AGENT APPOINTED 1/1/2009, TRA APP SENT MAY '09, STILL WAITING ON APPROVAL.. ANYTIME NOW...

Guest karlnchris

HI WE USED GO MATILDA, THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT, NO PROBLEMS GOT 176 30TH JULY 09, JUST WAITING FOR PASSPORTS TO COME BACK WITH VISA IN. FLY OUT SEPT 30TH FOR HOLS AND RECCIE. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM.

:yes:CHRIS

Guest Samfire

Used Migration Bureau (otherwise known as Oceania Development Group) - wouldn't recommend them to anybody to tell you the truth. Paid €9,130 (almost NZD$24,000!!!) - had a dispute over many mistakes made with our State Sponsorship application, to make a long story short and managed to get €1600 refund, but only after we submitted a complaint to the MARA. BE VERY CAREFUL when choosing agents. Take the advice of PIO members who have experience - if they recommend an agent, they should be fairly professional and reliable. If you are told "stay away", then don't touch them with a barge pole!!! Stick to this principle and you won't go far wrong.

Good luck to everybody out there starting out on their visa adventure - can be a bumpy ride, but it's worth it! See you all there hopefully!!!!

Guest vixpinkbabe

Yes, same here. There is one I certainly wouldn't recommend, won't mention any names just yet, but basically I'm £950 out of pocket due to their negligence!

Personally, I'd do it on your own, I could have done and would be £3000 better off!

Vicky xxxx

Guest Samfire
Yes, same here. There is one I certainly wouldn't recommend, won't mention any names just yet, but basically I'm £950 out of pocket due to their negligence!

Personally, I'd do it on your own, I could have done and would be £3000 better off!

Vicky xxxx

Well said! Apart from the TRA Skills Assessment, I could have done it in my sleep myself too (with more than a bit of help and advice from those of you here on PIO)! The only trouble is, it varies from person to person i.e. PC skills, literacy, language barrier etc. Not everybody (while they may be quite intelligent) can do it on their own, but if you have adequate PC skills, are not "afraid" of using computers, and can do basic uploading of documents and don't mind making email/telephone enquiries from time to time, then why not try it yourself??? You can always sign up with an agent along the way if you're drowning!!!!

We also paid more than you did by far - mind you, we were on a 176 and had TRA, SS and DIAC applications included in our fees.

By the way Vicky, have you considered complaining your agent? We hummed and hawed about if for about 4 weeks (kinda afraid to rock the boat) but it became so ridiculous (a child wouldn't have made the mistakes they made, to be honest), that we just said "to hell with this, it's our money that's being wasted"so we just sat down and typed and typed and typed until we had an official complaint drafted. Obviously, we had addressed our concerns with the agency's compliance officer first, but failing any satisfactory outcome, we just submitted our complaint to the MARA and copied each and every person that was relevant in our report - then we just sat back and waited and sure enough the all-important "phone call" came - turns out it was a late-night conference call to us, with all relevant personnel present, to try and work out some solution (because they didn't want the complaint to go any further with the MARA). We had our facts in order and they couldn't argue with that in the end, and we got some money back. I was so surprised to hear the change of attitude from them once an official complaint had been lodged, and the funny thing is - we were dreading lodging the complaint in the first place.

By the way, to all of you professional, excellent agents out there, who are most helpful and affordable, I give you credit where credit is due - NOT ALL AGENTS ARE LIKE THIS, but it is definitely worth weeding out the bad eggs by taking some kind of action, even if it is only by being assertive to get the outcome you want. This way, all the other credible agents in reputable business to help migrants achieve their dreams, will be portrayed in a more "accurate" light, don't you think?

P.S. Sorry for the Essay!!!!:goofy:

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi Samfire,

Yes, thinking about complaining to MARA, also seeking legal advice. Not bothered about the agent fees, it's the £950 re-lodge fee that is bothering me. Will PM you.

Vicky xxx

Hi

We are using Bird Migration in Qld, Cheryl is really great and provides a really personal service. She is always e mailling providing updates and she has been very patient with my dithering!

regards

Karl

Guest gozzo

It's got to be Go Matilda all the way, we are using them and they get things moving fast, and give you loads of help, they answer emails fast, it all seems easy with there help, and you can even speak to Alan Collett on this forum what more can you ask!

Hi,

We used 'This is Australia' we met them at one of the Emigrate shows. They are based in Australia and have been excellent. We now have our visa and I would totally recommend them. Remember - if you use an Australian based firm, you dont have to pay tax on the costs as they are an overseas company. Good luck!

Sarah

We are also useing This is Australia and they have been wonderful, I can not fault them in any way

Have a search on this forum. There are a few who would beg to differ with your view.

Best regards.

Thinking Australia are shockingly bad, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! anyone thinking of using them, DON'T! feel free to pm me for my story not pleasant. Can't say what I think of Darryl & Liz publicly as it WILL BE REMOVED!!!

I konw of people taking legal action against them to recover lost monies, this won't help their shattered dreams of a life in Oz!:arghh:

Guest vixpinkbabe
Thinking Australia are shockingly bad, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! anyone thinking of using them, DON'T! feel free to pm me for my story not pleasant. Can't say what I think of Darryl & Liz publicly as it WILL BE REMOVED!!!

I konw of people taking legal action against them to recover lost monies, this won't help their shattered dreams of a life in Oz!:arghh:

Wow, you are so honest. I'm too nice to write the name of my agent, although I probably should so that no-one else has to go through what I did.

Vicky x

Guest gozzo

Name and shame that's what I say! You don't want others making the same mistake, that's what this thread is for so people know who and who not to use.

Guest glitterunicorn

I was also very confused as to what agent to use, I'd spoken to a company called Global Visa (funnily enough they advertise a lot on this site) but I just got a bad feeling about them, the agent was trying to push me into signing up with them (including paying the first installment obviously) and also being very positive about my chances when I knew I would have more difficulty than he was implying, so I googled their name with the word complaint after it, and thankfully was lead to this site!! After just two emails to Go Matilda I knew that I was going to have to change my Visa class if I was even to be considered, they were very honest and helpful about my chances.

Archived