Which Migration Agent are you using? - List

cartertucker

Guest Gollywobbler
we are using visa bureau and have had 3 different case workers, very slow in getting back to us, as pathway d has been taken away don,t seem interested in us , feel like iv,e wasted £1300, now there asking us if we still want them to act for us still, don,t seem to give you much information

bill :wacko:

Hi Bill

I suspect that the firm has lost interest in you because they are not able to organise an AQF III assessment for you and therefore there is no way they can help you unless either you produce an AQF III or you produce an employer who is willing to sponsor you.

How much of the £1,300 are they offering to give back if you and they walk away from each other at this point? After all, they have done very little work and they have taken zero risk if the Contract between you was frustrated by the sudden closure of Skilled Pathway D.

Personally I think letting them keep £300 is generous. However if they will give you £1,000 back, I would take it, walk away and do nothing about appointing another Agent unless and until either:

1. You find somebody who can assess you for AQF III; or

2. You find an employer-sponsor.

You can always instruct the same firm again later on if you want to but in your shoes, I'd want that £1,000 back in my own custody for the time being.

Next time I would also tell them that they can have £500 up front and £500 when you have a successful TRA result. Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen, I always say!

Best wishes

Gill

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest colletteblue
Hi Bill

I suspect that the firm has lost interest in you because they are not able to organise an AQF III assessment for you and therefore there is no way they can help you unless either you produce an AQF III or you produce an employer who is willing to sponsor you.

How much of the £1,300 are they offering to give back if you and they walk away from each other at this point? After all, they have done very little work and they have taken zero risk if the Contract between you was frustrated by the sudden closure of Skilled Pathway D.

Personally I think letting them keep £300 is generous. However if they will give you £1,000 back, I would take it, walk away and do nothing about appointing another Agent unless and until either:

1. You find somebody who can assess you for AQF III; or

2. You find an employer-sponsor.

You can always instruct the same firm again later on if you want to but in your shoes, I'd want that £1,000 back in my own custody for the time being.

Next time I would also tell them that they can have £500 up front and £500 when you have a successful TRA result. Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen, I always say!

Best wishes

Gill

hi gill £1300 was just first installment, another £1300 due to be paid when applying for tra don,t think they,ll give me any money back

bill

Guest Gollywobbler
hi gill £1300 was just first installment, another £1300 due to be paid when applying for tra don,t think they,ll give me any money back

bill

Hi Bill

No - I believe you have misunderstood this. I think the first £1,300 is supposed to cover doing an appraisal of which visas you would be eligible for and then getting you through your TRA assessment. The second lot of money pays for their work on your visa application, I believe. Check with the Brammies, I suggest, because they used VB throughout.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest colletteblue
Hi Bill

No - I believe you have misunderstood this. I think the first £1,300 is supposed to cover doing an appraisal of which visas you would be eligible for and then getting you through your TRA assessment. The second lot of money pays for their work on your visa application, I believe. Check with the Brammies, I suggest, because they used VB throughout.

Best wishes

Gill

hi gill you might be right but second installment was to be payed when applying for tra, and the,ve never been quick to respond

regards

bill

Bill,

Have you spoken with the firm concerned? I only ask this as there can be a tendency to deal with these issues by email - and it is a lot easier for the providers of services to be cold and unemotional when corresponding in the written form.

Maybe have a chat with persons at a senior level - you may find you get the sort of response you would like.

Best regards.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest the pommie gardener

Hi all, i'm in similar boat to bill. Tra assessment unsuccessfull, would have been ok with pathway d maybe but feel let down by visa agents (1st Contact) who could have guided me better. Also they have not even mentioned AQF111 but suggested employer sponsorship or a refund. I think i'll take the latter and run! I spoke to Mike at Destination-oz who mentioned pathwayD and AQF111 and i think i'll use either him or Ian Harrop?

We are just starting the whole visa process and have decided to use Go Matilda... they have given great advice... and helped my OH get his AQF111... which he got yesterday..

We are using ASA, so far they have been really good. They answer all our emails within a few hours, even before we officially signed up with them they were really helpful. They even got me some information on moving the dogs over.

Guest Nickynoonoo

This thread has been really useful so thanks for starting it last year!!

We are eager to appoint an agent but wanted some recommendations before we made contact.

From these posts I have contacted Alan at GoMatilda who replied within minutes and my husband will be getting a call from Emma really soon to discuss our situation. Fingers crossed we will get a good result and service and we will be able to get the ball rolling soon!!

Good luck to everyone

Nicky

This thread has been really useful so thanks for starting it last year!!

We are eager to appoint an agent but wanted some recommendations before we made contact.

From these posts I have contacted Alan at GoMatilda who replied within minutes and my husband will be getting a call from Emma really soon to discuss our situation. Fingers crossed we will get a good result and service and we will be able to get the ball rolling soon!!

Good luck to everyone

Nicky

Thanks for your comments Nicky, Im really glad that this thread has been such a help to so many people & that it is still going :cute:

Im sure you'll do really well going with 'Go Matilda'.....Good luck with your application

Kelly :v_SPIN:

• 4 months later...
Guest The "legdes"

Hi Guys,

We have had a sucess story despite not being on the CSL etc. We used Ian Harrop. He didn't charge anything extra for all the extra work he ended up doing when we converted to SS. He seems to be available all hours always returned calls and email promptly, was always very clear with his recommendations and requirements, he is very reliable on the advice he gives (will ere on the side of caution so you know if he says its fine it absolutely is). He talked to us loads over months before we paid him or committed in any way at all. I think you'll find him one of the most reasonable in price. He got us our visa !

Guest the owens

Hi all we are the owens we have just been granted our 176 visa and we did it all alone. It has taken us less than 9 months from start to finsh and include a delay for a medical issue.

Guest weewatters

I have contacted two agencys so far to make initial enquiries about which visa is most suitable for me.

They have come back with conflicting advise. I will have to apply for a sponsored visa which is fine, but I specifically asked about certain nominated occupations in south australia and tasmania. One said yes I should nominate the occuptaion I am interested in and the other said no I would have to apply for a difffernt one, what I wanted wasnt possible. I asked exactly the same question to both!!!

Not knowing who is correct has really annoyed me as I dont know who is right!!!!

Any one else have this problem? What do I do? Im tempted to go it alone. How has anyone found the process doing it by themselves?

I have contacted two agencys so far to make initial enquiries about which visa is most suitable for me.

They have come back with conflicting advise. I will have to apply for a sponsored visa which is fine, but I specifically asked about certain nominated occupations in south australia and tasmania. One said yes I should nominate the occuptaion I am interested in and the other said no I would have to apply for a difffernt one, what I wanted wasnt possible. I asked exactly the same question to both!!!

Not knowing who is correct has really annoyed me as I dont know who is right!!!!

Any one else have this problem? What do I do? Im tempted to go it alone. How has anyone found the process doing it by themselves?

What is your intended nominated occupation?

Best regards.

Guest weewatters

Hi Allen

Im interested in Property Manger. But really anything in that area suits me (portfolio managment, investment ). It was suggested to me that I could also go with General Manager, and then I would not be restricted to being sponsored or the south. Is this correct?

Guest Natty T

We are using Thinking Australia, been great. You can have free call back, seminars and 1 to 1, check out the web site, nothing to loose.Good luck on your journey.

Natalie :v_SPIN:

We are using Thinking Australia, been great. You can have free call back, seminars and 1 to 1, check out the web site, nothing to loose.Good luck on your journey.

Natalie :v_SPIN:

Have a search on this forum. There are a few who would beg to differ with your view.

Best regards.

Guest Shreen

We are using ASA and they have been brill! Always reply to our emails, have given excellent advice and very supportive. I literally drive their barmy but they are always polite and friendly.

Archived