Queensland is it the place to be?

tracy123

Hi All

Is Queensland right for you?

It seems quite a few of you do not like Queensland. You seem to have the sunshine but thats about it.

As I've said in many post Queensland should give you the best feeling of Australian life, Hot, laid back, nice beaches, tropical plants a true feel of how Australia is perceived, and all is great till you need to work in the heat then you realise the laid back Aussies are the ones from other states that are on holiday!

Lets face it, Queensland is full of Aussies that up till not long ago only had to share the gold coast with foreigners on holiday, they never had to live next door to any of them so they don't know how to associate properly with someone from another country its up to you to make the effort not them!

Now other states eg Melbourne & Sydney have had "foreigners" from the mid 1800's that followed the gold rush, so over time it is natural to have a street mixed with all nationalities.

Yes I understand that Australia is just over 200 years old and we are all foreigners to some degree but lets face it some places are harder than others to settle and to me Queensland seems one of those states!

It would be interesting to see the amount of people coming back to England and from what state I'm sure Queensland would have the highest rate.

I'm not trying to put you off going just making you think is Queensland the right state for you?

1 last point Pauline Hanson would of not been able to do what she did if she was in any other state of Australia (see link below if you want to know more)

Pauline Hanson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the best

Geoffrey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Geoffrey not having been there and not being able to afford a reccie I only have to go on what my daughter tells me. She lived in Perth for a year and hated it. Her Father and her Step Mother hated it apparently they thought it was too quiet and nothing to do and too cold in winter.

They now live in Wynnum and they love it. Now I don't want to be too close to the city and not too close to my ex hubby for obvious reasons but I would like to be relatively close to my daughter. There appears to be good oportunities and good schools.

If Queensland doesn't work out then we will try another state, as for us with all that expence moving back will not be an option anyway.

With all this effort rest assured we will try every option before we limp back to the UK, maybe even trying another part of the world and maybe even Victoria!:yes:

Well Geoffrey not having been there and not being able to afford a reccie I only have to go on what my daughter tells me. She lived in Perth for a year and hated it. Her Father and her Step Mother hated it apparently they thought it was too quiet and nothing to do and too cold in winter.

They now live in Wynnum and they love it. Now I don't want to be too close to the city and not too close to my ex hubby for obvious reasons but I would like to be relatively close to my daughter. There appears to be good oportunities and good schools.

If Queensland doesn't work out then we will try another state, as for us with all that expence moving back will not be an option anyway.

With all this effort rest assured we will try every option before we limp back to the UK, maybe even trying another part of the world and maybe even Victoria!:yes:

I don't want to turn anybody off Australia, Or Queensland I just think it may take a little more effort to fit in, in Queensland! Also I'm sure NO one is silly and don't want to talk down to them, but the heat is great for holidays and days off but to work in it is totally different.

It may come to a shock to some people, all I'm doing is giving food for thought thats it.

Well i love Queensland ,it offers something for everyone ,beautiful beaches,green hinterlands and suburbs to suit most tastes,property still within reach price wise and plenty of work dotted about.

Melbournes too cold for me!!lol

Cal x

Is this your one eyed green monster coming out Cal? Lets face facts poms are leaving the place in droves!!!!!

Is this your one eyed green monster coming out Cal? Lets face facts poms are leaving the place in droves!!!!!

its all relative goeffrey, more people come here in the first place

its all relative goeffrey, more people come here in the first place

Are you my stalker today Aldo? God bless your cotton socks I'm alright mate I have broad shoulders I understand things aren't working out for you and you need to release your frustrations I'm here for you, You unload as much as you need to mate.

If I was there i'd give you a cuddle and stroke your hair and let you know things will be ok. Is that what you need?

Sending you hugs

Geoffrey

Are you my stalker today Aldo? God bless your cotton socks I'm alright mate I have broad shoulders I understand things aren't working out for you and you need to release your frustrations I'm here for you, You unload as much as you need to mate.

If I was there i'd give you a cuddle and stroke your hair and let you know things will be ok. Is that what you need?

Sending you hugs

Thanks Tracey, don't tell geoffrey :Randy-git:

No Geoffrey my eyes are blue and WIDEOPEN ,of course more people leave ,more people are arriving and as with the whole of Australia it isnt for everyone ,,but for me life is what you make it and mine is bloomin great!! lol Any higher up would be too hot and any lower would be too cold so here im just peachy!!lol

Cal x

Guest taffy 62

Hi Geoff.

As you know Qld is not for me. Victoria here I come 4 weeks to go.

I agree with you I have been to Qld numerous times on holidays and It was lovely, that was why I wanted to live here.

BUT holidaying and living here are two different things.

I work in hospitality and have noticed that a lot of eating places here dont have air con only ceiling fans.

Its alright being a tourist having coffee or meal in these establishments but you try working the other side of the counter!

I nearly passed out one day and they had to put me in the cool room :biglaugh:

Also the laid back life style is too laid back for me so I cant wait to get back to Victoria where I can have a decent conversation with someone :biglaugh:

LOL, you cant base an opinion on visiting Wacol ,its an industrial area more than anything! what ya like ,lol

Cal x

The question was have i lived there? Yes I have, I've also holidayed there, and worked there, driven coaches and trurcks through there. So I think I can say I've seen it from all angles......

As for Wacol it was a base to rest our heads nothing more, yes it was a dump with alot of lowlives and No I would never recommend it as a place to live

Love ya Cal

Guest Pinhead

I see QLD as somewhere you'd want to retire but not necessarily the place to live if you're young, single & still working but it all depends what you're looking for. I could see the attraction if you have a young family just as I could see it if you wanted to live in a more rural area in the UK. Each to their own, the key is to do plenty of research and be willing to be flexible & relocate to another state if it doesn't work out.

I personally love sunny weather but I also like the seasons, a bit of variety in life. Perhaps that's why I want to go to Melbourne, you get all of those in one day sometimes!

I

I personally love sunny weather but I also like the seasons, a bit of variety in life. Perhaps that's why I want to go to Melbourne, you get all of those in one day sometimes!

And there's a song about that too!! Crowded House are from Melbourne, arent they? (although I think Neil Finn is a Kiwi), so this is for you, Pin!

Sue xx

I love where I live, been to Qld a couple of times, it's a lovely place, don't know if I could live there with the humidity though, went up to Cairns in the Winter and never had a good hair day! lol

I have also been to Melbourne, (CBD) would have preferred to visit the Great Ocean Road rather than the city but my sister and hubbie were on Holiday and they wanted to stay in Melbourne. It wasn't that great in my opinion being honest with you, but then again I am not a city person anyway, but I preferred Sydney CBD to Melbourne (Sorry Geoffrey) but I couldn't live in Sydney or the outer suburbs either.

So the Sunny Central Coast it is for me, I love it here and probably stay here for the rest of my life!!:wubclub:

Guest moonraker1961

Taffy 62:I know what you're talking about because when I lived in a small country town in SA I also worked behind a counter of a take out shop.To say it was scorchio would of been an understatement.lol My top would be literally wet with sweat,and then you have to serve customers with a smile?(sweat also dripping off your face?Nice one lol)I like Queensland but for me I guess living in SA resembled the UK weather wise (not summer lol)but we had very cold winters and I personally like that aspect.I'm just an old fashioned girl at heart and liked stoking my rayburn !!!lol

I love Queensland and am heading there. I have done my research thanks. Surely the beauty of Oz is the fact that the states do all vary and not just weather wise. There's somewhere for everyone (or most anyway). If people are returning to the UK in their droves then there's less Pom competition for me!!!!

Kate

so tell me then, where do i find a chart with average temps and weather patterns on it. i knwo yoiu can have the whole lot in one day, as here (we do still get sun in blighty) but im not that good with hot hot hot heat and we are heading to QLD as that si where family have settled and initially at least we want to be near them.

seriously can anyone point me int he direction of help here so we can avoid making a huge mistake, and maybe look into other areas of OZ.

thanks

so tell me then, where do i find a chart with average temps and weather patterns on it. i knwo yoiu can have the whole lot in one day, as here (we do still get sun in blighty) but im not that good with hot hot hot heat and we are heading to QLD as that si where family have settled and initially at least we want to be near them.

seriously can anyone point me int he direction of help here so we can avoid making a huge mistake, and maybe look into other areas of OZ.

thanks

Try this site............

Brisbane climate and weather Queensland, Brisbane Rainfall Temperature Climate and Weather

thanks

Stick to southern QD. Although it gets very hot in summer the winters are beautifully warm but colder at night. The further north you head the hotter and more humid.

I was surprised how much the temperature varys across the greater Brisbane region ,ipswich although only 20 mins from here is always a few degrees warmer in summer.

If you find somewere with a breeze the heat isnt unbearable ,infact ive not had many uncomfy days since ive been here,air-con in the car is MUST though,the house i can manage with ceiling fans in summer and have only used the air-con a handful of times.

I can honestly say i couldnt handle it any hotter though so i guess Cairns is out for me,lol

Cal x

Archived