Queensland is it the place to be?

tracy123

Guest JoanneHattersley
...........................................................................................................................

Sorry to say (to those in Vic) but I hated it!

Sorry I think you have been cought out Jo. It clearly says you Hate Melbourne and agree with the post of Hayley who is having a right go at Melbourne. No good lying Jo you get found out! It's OK to hate a state you can't be positive about every place you go.

All the best

Geoffrey

Hello there Geoffrey,

Ok, yep I said hate! Im not lying about that! My initial "hate" reaction was after my first visit. On reflection maybe hate was a strong word. Dislike is the better phrase. I looked on Melbourne as everything I had left in the UK and I had no intention of living the same life.

My husband says he hates the place tho! Dont get me wrong, we stayed at the Mornington Peninsula at familys beach house and that was lovely. I am sure that there is a lot more of "country Melbourne" that we didnt get to see. The "hate" was towards the city aspect of life there. Having come from London, the last thing I ever wanted was to live in the rat race again.

The longer I spend in Australia the more I will get to know it. I have never been to WA, ACT, NT, SA. Whose to say whether I will love or hate those states???? Time will tell. I can only speak on what I have seen

Thank you for taking the trouble to scroll through my old posts to remind me of what I said. As a moderator on here, I have to read and reply to lots of posts and it is impossible to keep track of EVERYTHING that you say on here.

Thank you

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ian&Lou

I like it here in QLD, but then I havent been to any of the other states yet. Also we live on the coast and do get the sea breeze (it's been freezing so far, so hopefully it wont be too unbearable in the summer). Also I'm not the one who has to work in it, it may be that Ian decides it's too hot for him, only time will tell.

We were initially going to head up to Townsville but after checking temps and humidity decided that it would probably be way too hot/humid for us. My neighbours used to live there and have said that the weather is much nicer here (temp wise).

I have found people to be really friendly so far, we have great neighbours who have all come to see us and make us feel welcome in the area. So for now I'm more than happy to stay in this area, but who knows what the future will bring.

Lady Lou

Guest JoanneHattersley
I like it here in QLD,

I have found people to be really friendly so far, we have great neighbours who have all come to see us and make us feel welcome in the area. So for now I'm more than happy to stay in this area, but who knows what the future will bring.

Lady Lou

We have the same here. WHen we moved into Sinnamon Park, our neighbours came over and said hello. Helped us out around the house and made us feel part of the community immediately!

I like QLD! Like u say Lou, years to come..........who knows!

Guest paula.adam
Hello there Geoffrey,

Ok, yep I said hate! Im not lying about that! My initial "hate" reaction was after my first visit. On reflection maybe hate was a strong word. Dislike is the better phrase. I looked on Melbourne as everything I had left in the UK and I had no intention of living the same life.

My husband says he hates the place tho! Dont get me wrong, we stayed at the Mornington Peninsula at familys beach house and that was lovely. I am sure that there is a lot more of "country Melbourne" that we didnt get to see. The "hate" was towards the city aspect of life there. Having come from London, the last thing I ever wanted was to live in the rat race again.

The longer I spend in Australia the more I will get to know it. I have never been to WA, ACT, NT, SA. Whose to say whether I will love or hate those states???? Time will tell. I can only speak on what I have seen

Thank you for taking the trouble to scroll through my old posts to remind me of what I said. As a moderator on here, I have to read and reply to lots of posts and it is impossible to keep track of EVERYTHING that you say on here.

Thank you

Good for you Jo!!

Some people are sooooooooooooooooo SAD!!!:yes:

Guest TheArmChairDetective
I like it here in QLD, but then I havent been to any of the other states yet. Also we live on the coast and do get the sea breeze (it's been freezing so far, so hopefully it wont be too unbearable in the summer). Also I'm not the one who has to work in it, it may be that Ian decides it's too hot for him, only time will tell.

Lady Lou

What do you and Ian do for a living Lou?

Guest TheArmChairDetective
thats quite a random question?

queenie x

Err,no it's a direct question following a quote about going to work in QLD.

Ok go on then tell him you are related to the great PM if you must!!!

Crikey, the Australian Prime Minister !

Do you reckon she could put a word in for me and get me migrated? :)

Guest ainemcfadd

Have to say I love Queensland especially Noosa that's where we want to live asap.

Does anyone know if we can go to oz from lond9on on a holiday visa and apply for residency over there? Or what is the quickest way to get there and stay there?

aine

Have to say I love Queensland especially Noosa that's where we want to live asap.

Does anyone know if we can go to oz from lond9on on a holiday visa and apply for residency over there? Or what is the quickest way to get there and stay there?

aine

Welcome to pio

your best to re ask the question on the welcome page, click on HOME then the welcome page then click new thread and you have your own thread all the best

Geoffrey

Hope you enjoy Noosa just as much in the summer when it is FULL of tourists ! Maybe think about living just outside (Tewantin area ?) instead. Great place though !

aine

Archived