Where 2 go north - n. Lakes, deception????????

julesbazz

Hi all

moving out end of september on 457. We are so confused as to where to go. We can only afford between 250 to 350 a week rental, until we get house sold in UK.

We would love new build.

For you lot already there, can you suggest which area is great for kids, not too quiet, but also not tooooooooo far from a pub or shall I say Bar!! Do you have locals over there???? WOuld love to start a darts team!! hehe....

Would love to hear anyone's views as the hubby out first to set up camp and he's starting to panic......

Also how does the rent work, is there rates on top are they expensive. It comes down to what we can afford.

Could really do with the help:idea:

Cheers

Jules

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi

Have you had a lok on realestate.com.au? That will help with what you can get for your money. You dont pay rates ina rental, they are paid by your landlord. You may also have your water included in the rent (we have).

You will need the rent money each week and on top obviously electric, contents insurance and any extras like Austar/Foxtel, internet etc.

If you want any info on areas such as North Lakes or Decpetion bay etc it might be a good idea to contact Chellem or Itsjo, as they are relocation agents who will know lots of info about those areas.

Lou

Hi

North lakes is great for familys and because of this attracts many expats.It a new suburb with loads of new build houses all clean nice and new.A local pub and a few restaurants and cafes.$350 would get you a 3 bed new house but dont think you would secure anything under $300 in this area ..it is desirable.

Deception bay is an older suburb with a mix of old and new estates.To be honest it doesnt carry a very good reputation but I know people who live there and they love it .... I think parts looked good and others really rubbish.

Other suburbs in your price range ...warner (i live here its nice) petrie(I like it there)lawnton,braypark albany creek.All have nice places to live you just have to look about and try to see who your neighbours are.

thanx guys great help, didnt even know about other areas until mentioned, which are alot closer to work. Hope there are alot of brits and welsh out for a game of darts when we get there, bringing the board, get your arrows out!!!

brilliant help

jules x

Hi Jules

I used to play darts for the local pub. Wasnt any good but always good for a laff! I will be up for a game of darts but dont know if any of the pubs have a dart board even. We will be in the Narangba area in November time so if your still up for it plus a drinkypoo then let me know

Georgie:jimlad:

Hi Georgie

Will do.... I'll bring my board anyway and buy a load of darts off Nordor as the factory down the road b4 we leave.. I thinks Brisbane need to see a few darts team and a league, I'm poo as well but its a good night out and plenty of amber necter will flow. Will keep in touch

Jules x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tony and Michelle

Hi,

We moved to Narangba 2 weeks ago from the UK and arent very good at darts but would love to give it a go and have a couple of drinks. We feel a bit isolated at the minute and would like to start meeting people.

Tony and Michelle

Guest Tony and Michelle

Hi Georgie,

We are in Narangba now and its a bit quiet and feeling a bit isolated. Any local pubs that have been suggested to you or any info would be appreciated as you have been on the forum a lot longer than us.

Tony and Michelle

Deception Bay has a bit of a bad name but it is improving, a lot of the crap are moving north more to Caboolture, yes there are a lot of old houses there! I believe that it is a good place to invest in for the future. When we came here 6 years ago it was real bad. Also look at Deception Bay west of Deception Bay road, there is a new estate there with house as good as North Lakes[ someone called it lego land, and they are right] and a little cheaper,

Deception Bay has a bit of a bad name but it is improving, a lot of the crap are moving north more to Caboolture, yes there are a lot of old houses there! I believe that it is a good place to invest in for the future. When we came here 6 years ago it was real bad. Also look at Deception Bay west of Deception Bay road, there is a new estate there with house as good as North Lakes[ someone called it lego land, and they are right] and a little cheaper,

Hi Kernow whats the weather like there in Redcliffe, still googling like mad!

Hi

A beautiful sea breeze about 26c tomorrow about the same but 29celsius. Cath look at the west side of D Bay road and look at it in Google earth. A friend has just moved there from North lakes and their house was quite a bit cheaper. If you or anyone want a particular photo on the peninsula let me know and I will take a few and send to you or make them available on PIO Down to the jetty market at 5 am to sell our fudge. Anyone like fudge we make an English style with pure cream butter sugar syrup etc, no condensed milk. Our stall is called Absolutely Fudge. We are right on the edge of the beach, had a stall there for 2 months and had perfect weather each week.

A lot of jellyfish in the sea at the moment due to the winds, but this is seaonal and they will soon be gone.

Keep well and keep looking for the right place to live

Kernow

Hi

A beautiful sea breeze about 26c tomorrow about the same but 29celsius. Cath look at the west side of D Bay road and look at it in Google earth. A friend has just moved there from North lakes and their house was quite a bit cheaper. If you or anyone want a particular photo on the peninsula let me know and I will take a few and send to you or make them available on PIO Down to the jetty market at 5 am to sell our fudge. Anyone like fudge we make an English style with pure cream butter sugar syrup etc, no condensed milk. Our stall is called Absolutely Fudge. We are right on the edge of the beach, had a stall there for 2 months and had perfect weather each week.

A lot of jellyfish in the sea at the moment due to the winds, but this is seaonal and they will soon be gone.

Keep well and keep looking for the right place to live

Kernow

I was warned of Deception Bay so stopped looking but I will have a nosey. Is the market there everyday as I shall definatly be paying that a visit. Is it good for all foods as well as yummy fudge!:jiggy:

I was warned of Deception Bay so stopped looking but I will have a nosey. Is the market there everyday as I shall definatly be paying that a visit. Is it good for all foods as well as yummy fudge!:jiggy:

I can understand why you was warned about D Bay but the are on the west side of the main road is like another suburb.There is a pub in D Bay but not very nice. The Jetty market is every Sunday from 6-2

there are about 6 or 7 fruit and veggies,{ mangoes are coming in** a smoked fish stall, and a great mobile butcher,Black Angus porterhouse about $18 per kilo, wagyu beef about $23 per kilo. He was featured on one of the current affair programmes and outshone Woolworths etc on quality & price. It is a growing market about 80 stalls, a good Japanese stall with lovely food and a fantastic coffe place! Also entertainment, so a lovely venue to relax & shop, then you can go for a swim in the lagoon if you are brave enough.

Most of the locals go to the lagoon about 5 or six in the morning and do their aerobics and swim but at weekends it is so busy, and in the summer well you know what I mean!!

I can understand why you was warned about D Bay but the are on the west side of the main road is like another suburb.There is a pub in D Bay but not very nice. The Jetty market is every Sunday from 6-2

there are about 6 or 7 fruit and veggies,{ mangoes are coming in** a smoked fish stall, and a great mobile butcher,Black Angus porterhouse about $18 per kilo, wagyu beef about $23 per kilo. He was featured on one of the current affair programmes and outshone Woolworths etc on quality & price. It is a growing market about 80 stalls, a good Japanese stall with lovely food and a fantastic coffe place! Also entertainment, so a lovely venue to relax & shop, then you can go for a swim in the lagoon if you are brave enough.

Most of the locals go to the lagoon about 5 or six in the morning and do their aerobics and swim but at weekends it is so busy, and in the summer well you know what I mean!!

I really can't wait, well around about the April visa permitting,:yes: we may come and buy some fudge!

Wish you well, if you need any help please ask, as there are many ways to help fellow Poms, having been here for such a long time we both realise how very difficult it is when you arrive, especially finding the best places to buy, schools, well everything. I thought we were brave 40 years ago coming here but it was so much easier then to what you have to contend with.

Regards kernow

Guest sam.ward

i live in north lakes and i would defenitly say go there it is a bit more expensive than the other areas but its worth it there loads of parks and stuff for the kids and theres a pub most importantly and there in the process of building another one so should be good.

deception bay has a bit of a bad name for its self so id maybe not go there.

Archived