TRA Delays Introduction of New Migration Assessment Policy

Alan Collett

We have not heard anything further to my earlier post. Not about Jan 2009 as the new roll out date, or about any other dates other than late September.

Cheers

Thankyou Veronika,

Are you saying that you think TRA will be giving us a date for the new MAP by the end of September?

Kelly.:smile:

Unfortunately I am not that optimistic. What the MIA have said is that: We look forward to the second draft and the opportunity for further consultation before the end of September.

But I honestly am no wiser than anyone else at this point.

As soon as I hear anything, I will post it up.

Cheers

I also confirm we have heard nothing from TRA as yet regarding the introduction of the MAP.

Based on past experiences with promises from TRA and vague deadlines following the removal of Skill Pathway D I am afraid I am not hopeful of anything substantive from TRA in the foreseeable future. I sincerely hope for all affected that we see meaningful progress in the next week or three, but don't hold your breath.

Best regards.

my patients is wearing very thin:arghh:

back to the emails and phone calls pestering those companies for sponsorship then.

still can't believe it's a year gone past, Sam.

Hello mustmigrate

Would you please state your real name and MARN in your signature line without further delay.

It is imperative that any professional migration agent posting on these boards must make himself clearly identifiable, as I describe above, so that the Agent's professional interest in the person's questions is made transparently clear.

Thank you.

Gill

Hello Gill,

Did I miss something? :unsure:

Guest Dougie & Louise

I,m very confused here now :arghh:

Does this thread affect me applying through the TRA for a electrical trade reconiction?

Was going down the Special Class route hopefully

TIA

Dougie

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello Gill,

Did I miss something? :unsure:

Hi Kelly

Late the other night - around midnight on Saturday - a new member called "mustmigrate" suddenly started posting on here. On the first thread that I saw, mustmigrate appeared to be the satisfied client of a migration agency I had never heard of, so I clicked on the link out of curiosity.

On this thread he was plainly contributing as a professional Agent hoping to attract business, so mustmigrate's 6 posts were a bit shizophrenic. Especially with me chasing him round the boards demanding that he must come out of the woodwork and tell the truth about the fact that he was an Agent touting for business.

Anyway, he asked Tim to delete his user account first thing next day, so mustmigrate is no more.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Kelly

Late the other night - around midnight on Saturday - a new member called "mustmigrate" suddenly started posting on here. On the first thread that I saw, mustmigrate appeared to be the satisfied client of a migration agency I had never heard of, so I clicked on the link out of curiosity.

On this thread he was plainly contributing as a professional Agent hoping to attract business, so mustmigrate's 6 posts were a bit shizophrenic. Especially with me chasing him round the boards demanding that he must come out of the woodwork and tell the truth about the fact that he was an Agent touting for business.

Anyway, he asked Tim to delete his user account first thing next day, so mustmigrate is no more.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill, wasnt sure if i'd missed any news about the new MAP....But I think that was very very wishfull thinking! :daydreaming:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bailey06

Hi my boyriend has been a dry liner/ceiling fixer for 13 years, but has only had his NVQ level 2 for about a year.......as with most building trads he learnt on the job! What do you think the chances are of him passing the skills assesment?

I have been told if you fail that you can not apply again??:err:

We think his job is classed as a fibrous plasterer in oz.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello bailey

You can re-apply for TRA if you fail the first time. It is not a big deal.

However, at this stage your best bet - by miles - would be to phone round some migration agents and get some preliminary advice about your options, in my view.

Best wishes

Gill

• 1 month later...

Here is some news from the TRA website:

TRA has decided to delay the implementation of its proposed revised assessment standards and procedures- the Migration Assessment Policy (MAP) - indefinitely. This means that all applications will continue to be assessed against the current Uniform Assessment Criteria (UAC).

(not good news I am afraid for those who have been waiting patiently for the new policy to be rolled out)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Veronika

This is turning into a farce isn't it? Back in September 2007 TRA insisted they would have a new plan up and running by the beginning of 2008. It is now very nearly the beginning of 2009 without a word of apology or explanation from TRA.

It gives the impression that the Australian Government moans about a shortage of skilled tradies but then can't get its own act up together with regard to the said skilled tradies.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest stue116

Hi Gill,

An absolute farce, I cannot believe it has gone on this long and like you say not even an apology.

surely they must be embarrassed at the situation at TRA!!

well I hope everyone affected can find a way round this situation gaining the AQF required or sponsorship.

good luck all

Sam.

Archived