Leaving and re-entering the country query

Lavers

Hey everyone

Just a quick question if anyone can help.

I’ve just got a new passport for my daughter and I’ve updated the passport number on my immi account. 

Just checking is that all I need to do so that we can leave the country and re-enter without any issues?

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hey everyone

Just a quick question if anyone can help.

I’ve just got a new passport for my daughter and I’ve updated the passport number on my immi account. 

Just checking is that all I need to do so that we can leave the country and re-enter without any issues?

Yep … and you should confirm that it’s all done by checking VEVO. Take the old passport if in any doubt. 

• Like 2

Last time we left Aus as dual citizens I tried to check in with my Uk passport as we were going to Vietnam and didn’t need a visa with a Uk passport. 
The check in desk were confused. 
Turns out they need to know you can return to Aus so need to see a visa or Aus passport. Never happened before. 
Airline checkin is different I to passport control. 
I was told to use Uk Passport entering and leaving migration control at Vietnam airport but to show both passports to airline checkin. 

4 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Last time we left Aus as dual citizens I tried to check in with my Uk passport as we were going to Vietnam and didn’t need a visa with a Uk passport. 
Turns out they need to know you can return to Aus so need to see a visa or Aus passport. Never happened before. 
I was told to use Uk Passport entering and leaving migration control at Vietnam airport but to show both passports to airline checkin. 

Never heard of that one before. Surely when you are checking in to depart its irrelevant when or even if you plan to return?!

5 hours ago, rammygirl said:

I messed up and did an online check in to leave Australia on my UK passport and it didn't go through and got quite complicated. They have those horrible auto checking things in Perth airport and they wouldn't let me through, even when I used the Australian one. Too ages to get a person to help.

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Never heard of that one before. Surely when you are checking in to depart its irrelevant when or even if you plan to return?!

If you have a return ticket the airlines have started to check as it causes problems on the return leg if you don’t have a valid visa or passport. 
I guess too many people either don’t get an RRV or a Aus passport