What new child visa goes with our RRVs?

My RRV for Victoria was approved - we will move in September.

My husband and daughter (9) held PRs before so will get RRVs based on mine.

My son (7) however has never had a visa. What visa should I apply for for him - we want them to attend school straight away etc. And should I apply from UK or Australia when we get there? Any ideas more than welcome.

THANK YOU

With your timescales I would speak to a migration agent asap. They will be able to give you a better idea about whether the 101 would likely be granted by September.

The migration agent should also be able to give you the details of any bridging visa they would get if you choose to apply onshore, and whether your son will be able to attend school on the bridging visa. They would possibly have to wait until after their visitor visa expired so that could be 3 months without school from your arrival time.

On 14/02/2024 at 10:31, rtritudr said:

Visa application time frames for 101 is available here (take this with a pinch of salt as low-risk countries generally get approved much faster than the average):

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

50% processed in
16 Months
90% processed in
34 Months

As well as countries being low or high risk, so is the type of applicant. 101 visas cover an enormous range of circumstances. A child born overseas to PR holders would be low risk and so processed much faster.