Sponsored visa

Leechy

Hi, just joined the site and this is my 1st post.

I'm 46yo and currently going through the recruitment process to join Queensland Police with a view that they would sponsor my visa. 

They have not as yet given me much information  around the visa process so I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this process?

Also how does it work with getting visas for my OH and three children?

Thanks in advance. 

34 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

When you apply for the visa, you'll include them on your application. 

Do make sure you understand whether the visa will be temporary or permanent and if it's temporary, what the chances would be for a permanent visa in future. You're already over the maximum age for most visas

The QPS recruitment, like the WA one is for a PR 190 visa, so not sure how they will go with the age thing.

I wondered about the age thing but QPS have stated the age limit is 55! Don't know how they get round the immigration age restrictions or are they that short of officers and applicants they are relaxing this?

Was hoping someone on here would have been through it. 

My understanding is that of I'm successful with QPS I get invited to apply for a visa?

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

The QPS recruitment, like the WA one is for a PR 190 visa, so not sure how they will go with the age thing.

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

When you apply for the visa, you'll include them on your application. 

Do make sure you understand whether the visa will be temporary or permanent and if it's temporary, what the chances would be for a permanent visa in future. You're already over the maximum age for most visas

4 hours ago, Leechy said:

I wondered about the age thing but QPS have stated the age limit is 55! Don't know how they get round the immigration age restrictions or are they that short of officers and applicants they are relaxing this?

Was hoping someone on here would have been through it. 

QPS (and some other organizations/companies) have a labour agreement with the Commonwealth government which allows  concessions to the standard grant terms for the specific visa(s). Each agreement is bespoke and may contain different concessions. 

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, paulhand said:

QPS (and some other organizations/companies) have a labour agreement with the Commonwealth government which allows  concessions to the standard grant terms for the specific visa(s). Each agreement is bespoke and may contain different concessions. 

Thanks for clarifying!

11 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I thought to be a police officer you needed to be a citizen in Australia? 

Actually just checked and in SA that's not required, but it is in VIC and NSW

For QPS you need to be resident but not a Citizen.  They are so short of applicants they are advertising here I the UK now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I thought to be a police officer you needed to be a citizen in Australia? 

Actually just checked and in SA that's not required, but it is in VIC and NSW

AFP you need to be a citizen but the States set their own rules. I have a good friend now a Senior Sgt in QPS after joining when she arrived as a new PR on a Spouse Visa about 10 years ago

As Paul Hand mentioned above, the QPS International recruitment campaign is centred around what is known as a Labour Agreement. These are essentially "tailor made" agreements between the Australian Federal Government and certain industries, businesses and organisations who have a critical need to source skilled employees and have typically struggled to recruit applicants within Australia.  Examples include, Meat processing, horticulture, fishing and fine dining. As Paul mentioned, often there are concessions such as wages and age.

This is not the first time the Queensland Government has done this. I had some first hand involvement with the recruitment of Paramedics from the UK back in 2006/2008. Almost 200 paramedics were successfully sourced from the UK. I recall part of the orientation/induction program when recruits were introduced to some Queensland residents rarely encountered  in the UK such as venomous snakes, crocodiles, and spiders - The session was hilarious.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1