Requesting Professional VISA assistance - Opening new business

psuwara

Hello,

we are looking at possibly opening a childcare centre focused on the Eastern European immigration community.

If you are an immigration agent and can provide services in managing the visa process, can you please PM here to exchange contact details and follow up, thanks.

Regards,

11 hours ago, psuwara said:

Hello,

we are looking at possibly opening a childcare centre focused on the Eastern European immigration community.

If you are an immigration agent and can provide services in managing the visa process, can you please PM here to exchange contact details and follow up, thanks.

Regards,

You will struggle to get a visa based on that as what you are suggesting is bordering on illegal. The Australian childcare licensing bodies do not allow discrimination based on nationality

8 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

You will struggle to get a visa based on that as what you are suggesting is bordering on illegal. The Australian childcare licensing bodies do not allow discrimination based on nationality

I doubt this is the case, as they are prolific through Australia. There are many such places in Chinese, Indian, Thai and other such community centres which cater to local communities. In fact, I attended one such such kindergarten/prepschool a long time ago.

I don’t see how this can be illegal… if they are, quite a lot of community centres would be shut down.

If you know of any specific legislation, really please let me know as before we move forward with our centre, it would be good to know certain laws.

Thanks 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, psuwara said:

We have other staff members we would like to bring into Australia and are looking for an agent.

Ah, you didn't state that in your original question, it sounded like you were asking for yourself.

I agree that you need to do some research regarding the legalities of how to become an Approved Provider.  You'll notice that Chinese centre is run by a non-profit community organisation, not a business.   You'll also notice they do not say it's for Chinese children only.  They are a bilingual childcare centre.  Anyone can enrol.   

There's a Japanese childcare centre near me, which has the same setup (non-profit).  One of my neighbours, who is not Japanese, has enrolled her child there because she wants her to learn the language.  I'm also aware of a German centre, again it's non-profit.

Edited by Marisawright

12 hours ago, psuwara said:

We have other staff members we would like to bring into Australia and are looking for an agent.

You will need to demonstrate that you can’t find any suitable staff locally and also pay to sponsor them.

I don’t personally work for Australia based employers, but any of the other agents who post regularly on here will be able to assist, I’m sure. 

21 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

There are no laws against providing services and facilities that will appeal to a specific sector of the market. There is a minimum standard of what childcare facilities must provide, but no maximum. A childcare facility can advertise the range of languages it caters for, and that it provides beds for nap times (some East Europeans suffer culture shock that child-care facilities allow children to nap on the floor). The only thing an Eastern European targeted child-care facility can't do is turn away customers based on their nationality.

• Like 2

There are indeed several aged care and child care centres throughout Australia which target certain nationalities, cultures. Indeed I recall several aged care facilities which recruited carers with the relevant linguistic and cultural backgrounds. I suspect that if your centre you have in mind is located, styled and promoted in such a way to appeal to a specific ethnic groups, it shouldn't be a problem as the market will find you.  I would suggest you continue with your plans to establish the centre and engage with an agent once you have committed to proceed with the project. I do not do skilled visas other than some very niche ones. I can however, at the appropriate time,  refer you to an agent who does a large volume of visas for a corporate which does extensive recruitment in UK/Europe.     

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ken said:

. The only thing an Eastern European targeted child-care facility can't do is turn away customers based on their nationality.

That's what Ausvisitor and I were saying.  The examples I gave are bilingual schools, which are more likely to appeal to the nationality whose native language they offer.  However they can't exclude anyone who isn't that nationality.

On 26/03/2023 at 09:20, Marisawright said:

Ah, you didn't state that in your original question, it sounded like you were asking for yourself.

I agree that you need to do some research regarding the legalities of how to become an Approved Provider.  You'll notice that Chinese centre is run by a non-profit community organisation, not a business.   You'll also notice they do not say it's for Chinese children only.  They are a bilingual childcare centre.  Anyone can enrol.   

There's a Japanese childcare centre near me, which has the same setup (non-profit).  One of my neighbours, who is not Japanese, has enrolled her child there because she wants her to learn the language.  I'm also aware of a German centre, again it's non-profit.

All good, I understand. Yes, we are not aiming at creating a for-profit community centre. It's a long process, but we are just putting the pieces together.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, paulhand said:

You will need to demonstrate that you can’t find any suitable staff locally and also pay to sponsor them.

I don’t personally work for Australia based employers, but any of the other agents who post regularly on here will be able to assist, I’m sure. 

Yes, there are absolutely very few people in general for child care and young schooling. Even locally we have found that anyone with any experience is snapped up. Many people speak very little English and generally drift to their own communities. 

19 hours ago, Ken said:

There are no laws against providing services and facilities that will appeal to a specific sector of the market. There is a minimum standard of what childcare facilities must provide, but no maximum. A childcare facility can advertise the range of languages it caters for, and that it provides beds for nap times (some East Europeans suffer culture shock that child-care facilities allow children to nap on the floor). The only thing an Eastern European targeted child-care facility can't do is turn away customers based on their nationality.

Exactly. Completely agree and thought this was the case.

1 hour ago, Steve Elliott said:

There are indeed several aged care and child care centres throughout Australia which target certain nationalities, cultures. Indeed I recall several aged care facilities which recruited carers with the relevant linguistic and cultural backgrounds. I suspect that if your centre you have in mind is located, styled and promoted in such a way to appeal to a specific ethnic groups, it shouldn't be a problem as the market will find you.  I would suggest you continue with your plans to establish the centre and engage with an agent once you have committed to proceed with the project. I do not do skilled visas other than some very niche ones. I can however, at the appropriate time,  refer you to an agent who does a large volume of visas for a corporate which does extensive recruitment in UK/Europe.     

Perfect Steve! I think I found my contact. I will reach out when have more progress. I'll send you a PM to exchange contact details.