Condition of belongings on arrival

AmyW

Hello. Our shipment is finally being delivered and unpacked to us this week. It was packed professionally before it left the UK.

I’m wondering what sort of condition to expect everything in once the crew have unpacked ie would all kitchen stuff need to be cleaned, would all clothes and linen etc need washing- what are others’ experiences? 

Also, are there any tips what to do or look out for as our stuff is being unpacked? I’ve been told they will take all packaging away but only unpack until the available surfaces are full, so I am planning on putting things away as they are unwrapped. 

Any advice appreciated 

If you've got a professional pack-ship-unpack service (which sounds like you do), you'd expect everything to be in the same condition as if you'd put them away in your own cupboard/wardrobe for however long it's taken them to get here. There were multiple layers of waterproof bubblewrapping for us.

Some IKEA furniture (which we'd only packed because there was excess allowance) broke en route - but insurance allows you a bit of time to make those claims. I think the movers on this end came back to collect the packaging from remaining boxes after a couple of weeks. Like others, it took us years to unpack all the boxes.