Furnished property in Melbourne from Feb 2023

AdrianAdrian

Good evening everybody,

Until our furniture etc arrives in Melbourne in approximately April 2023, my wife, son and I are looking for a furnished place in Melbourne for a few months. Airbnb is ridiculously expensive so we are looking for another way to find a furnished place to live. Does anybody have any tips or know of anybody who might have a furnished place they would be willing to rent out come the end of January? Our budget would be about 600 a week and in a neighbourhood no more than 40 minutes from the CBD if possible.

Thanks!

Adrian

We moved from holiday home to unfurnished rental ASAP and simply rented furniture till ours arrived. We used a company in Adelaide but google furniture hire. You can hire anything from a sofa to a full house pack including linen and cutlery.  It worked out much cheaper than furnished accommodation.

some rented places do deals for long stays but you need to ask direct, it is holiday time so many may not be vacant for that long either.

That budget is not going to get you much within 40 mins commute though 

1 hour ago, AdrianAdrian said:

Until our furniture etc arrives in Melbourne in approximately April 2023, my wife, son and I are looking for a furnished place in Melbourne for a few months. Airbnb is ridiculously expensive so we are looking for another way to find a furnished place to live. 

Australia doesn't do furnished rentals, unless they are for executives (which are at least the same price as Airbnb).  Would you be willing to do house-sitting?  I'd say that would be your best bet.  

Otherwise as @rammygirl suggests, hire furniture.  

Not quite the same (Sydney not Melbourne) but when we arrived we stayed in a mix of hotels and serviced apartments (basically whichever was cheaper for each 2 week block)

We had 49 days in furnished accomodation of one sort or another before getting into the now rental home.

All in we spent just over $7,400 for that 7 week window, which we thought was ok 

To put it into perspective we stayed in an Airbnb for 3 nights in Melbourne in July (so midwinter when no one wants to go there) and it was $700 for 3 nights... and that was one of the cheaper CBD properties

• 3 weeks later...