Auspost date mistake on Statutary declaration

Questionsearch

My partner went to Auspost to get his statutory declaration signed, when he returned and gave me the form the dates written by the Auspost employee and stamps are wrong.

The employee wrote 01 of November while the Stamp she used was 30th of November, while the actual date was 1st of December.

Does the form need to be remade and rewitnessed because the Auspost screwed up the dates or does the department understand that this was caused by the JP and not us so it is ok to upload?

10 hours ago, Questionsearch said:

My partner went to Auspost to get his statutory declaration signed, when he returned and gave me the form the dates written by the Auspost employee and stamps are wrong.

The employee wrote 01 of November while the Stamp she used was 30th of November, while the actual date was 1st of December.

Does the form need to be remade and rewitnessed because the Auspost screwed up the dates or does the department understand that this was caused by the JP and not us so it is ok to upload?

I wouldn't take the risk of submitting it like that. Take it back to Aus Post. 

Incidentally the employee signing it was probably just signing in their capacity as an Aus Post employee, and may not actually be a JP.

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I wouldn't take the risk of submitting it like that. Take it back to Aus Post. 

Incidentally the employee signing it was probably just signing in their capacity as an Aus Post employee, and may not actually be a JP.

Agreed.  Best to have it done properly.  JPs are easy to find, e.g. there's one at our local shopping mall five mornings a week who will witness things for free, probably something similar where the OP lives.  JP in Australia isn't as big a deal as in the UK.

Though the person at AusPost might well have been qualified to do it, the list of eligible people includes "permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 5 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public".

https://www.ag.gov.au/legal-system/statutory-declarations/who-can-witness-your-statutory-declaration#list

I agree with GrandpaGrumble.  If the employee can make a mistake like that, they might not even be properly qualified to prepare the document, so don't risk it.  Go to a proper JP (Justie of the Peace) instead.

It's very easy to find a JP.   Ring your local library - there''s a good chance they have a JP on duty one day a week, who will certify documents free of charge.  You don't even need an appointment.  If not, ring your local council, or the police station.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I agree with GrandpaGrumble.  If the employee can make a mistake like that, they might not even be properly qualified to prepare the document, so don't risk it.  Go to a proper JP (Justie of the Peace) instead.

Yeah I ve noticed that people are very inconsistent when it comes to that, some ask for ID with address, some dont and only need photo ID, some add the page 1-x with their initials at bottom elft, some dont and I have to mention it.

I am surprised they are given the authority to sign documents for JPs if they have not been properly qualified.

Though in their defense it was evening so I can only imagine their brain was extremely tired for them to do such obvious and silly mistake like 3 different dates, will find another JP, thanks.

17 minutes ago, Questionsearch said:

Yeah I ve noticed that people are very inconsistent when it comes to that, some ask for ID with address, some dont and only need photo ID, some add the page 1-x with their initials at bottom elft, some dont and I have to mention it.

I am surprised they are given the authority to sign documents for JPs if they have not been properly qualified.

No one can be given authority to sign documents "for" JPs.  Only the JP himself/herself can authorise, and all receive the same training.