Hi Guys,

Just after some info please.

We parted ways with our migration agent last week as we were very dissatisfied by their level of service. With them we did our ANMAC, and our EOI's were lodged earlier this year.

We informed them that we wanted to withdraw from their services and we filled in the correct forms etc...all fine and sorted.

However, I asked for access/copies of our EOI's and was sent a PDF copy. I pressed for login details so that we had access to it ourselves and was told that they have withdrew our EOI. Flabbergasted.

They said this is part of the process of us leaving their services.

Can anyone tell me whether this is acceptable practice? We have paid this agent well over £1k up until now which included them lodging our EOI's which have now been withdrawn.

Thank you in advance

12 hours ago, Bluey128 said:

Hi Guys,

Just after some info please.

We parted ways with our migration agent last week as we were very dissatisfied by their level of service. With them we did our ANMAC, and our EOI's were lodged earlier this year.

We informed them that we wanted to withdraw from their services and we filled in the correct forms etc...all fine and sorted.

However, I asked for access/copies of our EOI's and was sent a PDF copy. I pressed for login details so that we had access to it ourselves and was told that they have withdrew our EOI. Flabbergasted.

They said this is part of the process of us leaving their services.

Can anyone tell me whether this is acceptable practice? We have paid this agent well over £1k up until now which included them lodging our EOI's which have now been withdrawn.

Thank you in advance

Provided you used a registered agent the place to complain to is Mara:

make a complaint about a registered agent (mara.gov.au)

If you didn't use a registered agent then you should expect them to behave badly.

If I had been managing your case and you withdrew instructions, I would have (as a courtesy) changed the EoI contact details and sent you the logon particulars. The agent who was acting very likely did not want to receive, and have to deal with, communications concerning a client for whom s/he was not longer acting. and depending on what was stated in your service agreement was entitled to cancel the EoI for this reason. You posted that you were sent a copy of your EoI, so all you have to do is lodge another one. Your agent's action might seem to you to be somewhat 'dog in the manager', but from what you have posted you do not have much about which to complain.