Speed up Child Visa 101 process?

AdrianAdrian

Dear all,

After keeping an eye on the child visa 101 processing times, I have noticed that in the last few weeks the application process estimation times have gone crazy. 21 months for 75% and 34 months for 90%. Who on earth can realistically plan their lives with these kind of times??

Is there any way to speed up the process? Our PR visa runs out in 2023 and due to Covid and my wife's pregnancy we have been unable to travel to Australia in the last 12 months. With the birth in December in Europe, where we have been stuck since early 2020 and only being able to submit the baby's PR application come early 2022 (birth certs, health checks etc), the visa would only likely be processed after our own PR has expired.

Does anybody else have any similar experience? I also might have landed a job starting June 2022, so preferably our dependent child would need his visa by then.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Don't panic.   Someone else was in this situation and was able to travel to Australia without a problem.  Simply travel with a tourist visa for the child.

Exactly.  Get in and if the current policies stay in place you don't even have to go offshore for the 101 to be approved.

Righto, that sounds like an interesting path. Would this involve the 600 visa which some people are talking about, or just taking the baby on a 3 month holiday visa at the airport and trying to extend that if needed until the PR comes through?

A tourist visa requires private health insurance though, doesn't it? Or can we, as two Brits with PR, get our baby onto medicare even with his tourist visa? With all the tests, injections etc that babies need in the first few years, we wouldn't take him if he didn't have medical care.

Thanks for the help both of you 😄

2 hours ago, AdrianAdrian said:

Righto, that sounds like an interesting path. Would this involve the 600 visa which some people are talking about, or just taking the baby on a 3 month holiday visa at the airport and trying to extend that if needed until the PR comes through?

A tourist visa requires private health insurance though, doesn't it? Or can we, as two Brits with PR, get our baby onto medicare even with his tourist visa? With all the tests, injections etc that babies need in the first few years, we wouldn't take him if he didn't have medical care.

Thanks for the help both of you 😄

I suggest you get some professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances, so you can understand how all of this works. You won’t get a detailed picture from a few forum posts. 

• Congratulations 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

My step daughters child visa application was received by the department on 11/10/2021 but to date we haven't received any comfirmation letter from the department.

She turns 25 in February 2022, studying full time and fully dependant 

My main concern is that the application won't be lodged before she turns 25

Any advice please?