Booking hotel quarantine

6 minutes ago, Newmigrant said:

How do u do this? Is it thru the airline? My partner is returning from Ireland and we need to book it

From what I've heard, you have no say in the matter apart from the size of the accommodation, depending on your party size.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Newmigrant said:

How do u do this? Is it thru the airline? My partner is returning from Ireland and we need to book it

Hi 

Im not sure where your partner is flying into but this link tells what to do 'before' you arrive and what to expect 'when' you arrive etc. It is for Brisbane though

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/quarantine/planning-for-your-quarantine-stay-when-arriving-from-overseas#before-you-arrive

Cal x

You have nothing to do with where someone goes for Quarantine . He will be taken straight from the airport to whichever hotel the government/ Immi  decides on . You will also not be allowed to see him  . As long as he is allowed into Australia and has an exemption to enter you will see him after 2 weeks  and 3k lighter . 🤔

• Haha 1

Why would he need an exemption? He's PR? Thanks for replies. I didnt realise he had to fill in flight details etc online for g2g pass. Knew there was something else other than booking the flight. 

28 minutes ago, Newmigrant said:

Why would he need an exemption? He's PR? Thanks for replies. I didnt realise he had to fill in flight details etc online for g2g pass. Knew there was something else other than booking the flight. 

If he has PR then he won't need an exemption, but if the date on his PR visa has expired then he'll need a Return Resident's Visa. The airline will also check all this before he is allowed to board the plane and based on my wife's experience it can take quite a long time to complete the checks (45 minutes in her case), so he should arrive at the airport early.

38 minutes ago, Newmigrant said:

42 minutes ago, Newmigrant said:

Sorry didnt see the PR  bit .

3 hours ago, Newmigrant said:

g2g pass depends on which state he is heading for