Thinking of moving back to Uk

Fergie

12 hours ago, newjez said:

4 out of thirty million with no deaths.

Seriously?

Yes seriously.  How weird that I worry about the thought of my child being seriously ill or dying.  I have read that there has been a few deaths in young people after the second dose.  Can you provide me with the evidence you have this is not the case and your statistics.  It would help take any worry away.  I’m not sure how they can be that certain based on not many under 30 have actually had it yet, even fewer have had the second dose. Also, that’s the findings so far of course. Only a short time ago it was nonsense and there was no proven link so it’s changeable.  He is going to have the second dose and smiled at me worrying.  Silly me for feeling sad for those very rare but real parents who have lost a young adult child and having the chilling thought it could be me next. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Yes seriously.  How weird that I worry about the thought of my child being seriously ill or dying.  I have read that there has been a few deaths in young people after the second dose.  Can you provide me with the evidence you have this is not the case and your statistics.  It would help take any worry away.  I’m not sure how they can be that certain based on not many under 30 have actually had it yet, even fewer have had the second dose. Also, that’s the findings so far of course. Only a short time ago it was nonsense and there was no proven link so it’s changeable.  He is going to have the second dose and smiled at me worrying.  Silly me for feeling sad for those very rare but real parents who have lost a young adult child and having the chilling thought it could be me next. 

Not wanting to seem harsh, but he could get a clot for many other reasons. He could also get struck down by numerous other illnesses that could cause his death. I don't really feel there is any more need to worry about a vaccine-induced clot than about many other potential cause of sudden death. 

On 15/05/2021 at 10:22, HappyHeart said:

That's a bit Trump-esque.....we've only got high cases because we do more testing.....No, you've got high cases because you've got high cases. Duh. 

If I was in the UK is be continuing to be very cautious. Seems to make no sense to lift restrictions when it's still around. Not much choice though due to the monumental f up that was made of managing the pandemic. Another wave on the way......fear for the UK. 

There is absolute truth in the statement that the more you test the more cases you will find. 

I wouldn’t  bother having my children vaccinated unless its required for travel or such like but not because I fear the vaccine will harm them.

My 12 year old daughter passed Covid on to me at Christmas after she caught it from a teacher. She was asymptotic and didn’t feel a thing, as was her friend. I have 2 other children, my youngest shared a bed with me for 3 nights prior to me testing positive and yet he was still negative.  My husband and other son also did not catch it from us and we spent much time together before we knew it was in the house. I worked for the government and spoke directly with the medical officer of health who said children really were not affected by Covid unless they had underlying health issues. 

2 hours ago, Cots said:

I wouldn’t  bother having my children vaccinated unless its required for travel or such like but not because I fear the vaccine will harm them.

My 12 year old daughter passed Covid on to me at Christmas after she caught it from a teacher. She was asymptotic and didn’t feel a thing, as was her friend. I have 2 other children, my youngest shared a bed with me for 3 nights prior to me testing positive and yet he was still negative.  My husband and other son also did not catch it from us and we spent much time together before we knew it was in the house. I worked for the government and spoke directly with the medical officer of health who said children really were not affected by Covid unless they had underlying health issues. 

It has never been about the children being affected, it’s about who they pass it onto.  Your child would almost certainly be ok if they caught Covid but the granny they pass it onto may not.  I know a family near me and a similar thing happened. They were alerted by the school that a teacher had tested positive. The whole family got tested and the two children were positive with no symptoms. One parent tested positive too.  This was days before Christmas.  The family hadn’t stuck to the rules and both sets of grandparents had been in and out their house. All four grandparents then got tested and all tested positive. Two were unwell but got over it quite quickly, one was very ill but got over it and one was so bad he was admitted to hospital.  He died of Covid two weeks later in hospital. He was 68 with no health conditions.  That’s the problem with kids getting it, they are little super spreaders and who they pass it onto may be in trouble. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Not wanting to seem harsh, but he could get a clot for many other reasons. He could also get struck down by numerous other illnesses that could cause his death. I don't really feel there is any more need to worry about a vaccine-induced clot than about many other potential cause of sudden death. 

I think that sort of ‘you could get .....’ is always put out there.  We all say it, you could get killed getting into your car/walking down the street/flying etc.  There’s a big difference though with going about your normal life and accepting theres a small risk than doing something that could cause an issue outside your normal life.  There’s lots in Australia for example (and elsewhere) that are choosing not to have the AZ jab because of the clot scare.  They haven’t said they’re not having it because Covid is almost non existent there which would be a reasonable thing to say, they are saying it because of the clot issue. They will have another jab if available but not the AZ. I understand that but those people will also stand a chance of getting a clot some other way as you’ve put it.  Going about normal life is different to making a choice to have something non essential.  You say you don’t feel there is any more need to worry about a vaccine induced clot than about any other potential cause of sudden death but a great many of people do, as the statistics of those choosing to delay the AZ show. It is instinct to not put ourselves in danger even though we just sometimes end up in it in normal life.   Assume you feel those on here that have said they will delay the jab if offered AZ and wait for another because of the clot worry should also have no more need to worry about getting a vaccine induced clot than any other potential sudden death. That’s just not the case. Those worried about the clot issue will still drive their cars and may have an accident and end up with a clot, two different things completely. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 09:46, Paul1Perth said:

Reading the paper this weekend all the economists and bankers are worried about debt and how and when it's going to be paid back. Tax hikes looks like the most popular option.

Tax hikes and interest rates are ways of dealing with inflation. They both cause people to spend less in different ways. 

But if you think they take your tax dollars and use them to 'pay off the debt', then you are crazy.

8 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

There is a chance of death from all medicines. Even ibuprofen and paracetamol will increase your chances of death over a period. Have you or your kids ever taken antibiotics? Did you do extensive research on the chance of death from taking them? There's a massive chance of death when you drive your car. Eat your foot, go down the stairs.

Taking a second dose of AZ doesn't even register.

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I think that sort of ‘you could get .....’ is always put out there.  We all say it, you could get killed getting into your car/walking down the street/flying etc.  There’s a big difference though with going about your normal life and accepting theres a small risk than doing something that could cause an issue outside your normal life.  There’s lots in Australia for example (and elsewhere) that are choosing not to have the AZ jab because of the clot scare.  They haven’t said they’re not having it because Covid is almost non existent there which would be a reasonable thing to say, they are saying it because of the clot issue. They will have another jab if available but not the AZ. I understand that but those people will also stand a chance of getting a clot some other way as you’ve put it.  Going about normal life is different to making a choice to have something non essential.  You say you don’t feel there is any more need to worry about a vaccine induced clot than about any other potential cause of sudden death but a great many of people do, as the statistics of those choosing to delay the AZ show. It is instinct to not put ourselves in danger even though we just sometimes end up in it in normal life.   Assume you feel those on here that have said they will delay the jab if offered AZ and wait for another because of the clot worry should also have no more need to worry about getting a vaccine induced clot than any other potential sudden death. That’s just not the case. Those worried about the clot issue will still drive their cars and may have an accident and end up with a clot, two different things completely. 

But your son is a different situation.

My parents in Australia are unsure whether to get the AZ. My mum is very vulnerable, but there is no covid there. It's their call.

But if your son is a care worker he has a responsibility to be vaccinated. Now his choice is to mix vaccines or have a second dose of AZ. Or change jobs.

What are the risks of mixing vaccines?

Edited by newjez

14 hours ago, newjez said:

But your son is a different situation.

My parents in Australia are unsure whether to get the AZ. My mum is very vulnerable, but there is no covid there. It's their call.

But if your son is a care worker he has a responsibility to be vaccinated. Now his choice is to mix vaccines or have a second dose of AZ. Or change jobs.

What are the risks of mixing vaccines?

My son isn’t a care worker. He is a university student.  He was offered the vaccine because he is classed as a key worker simply because he has a part time job in a supermarket.  It’s not a choice whether to mix vaccines, they don’t know if this works or whether it’s safe so it’s not an option offered.   If you had AZ the first time you have to have it the second time.  Your mum being older probably puts her at an advantage regarding blood clots because it’s one of the few things that’s effecting young people more than older people.  There is no Covid in Australia so I’d understand people not rushing into getting a vaccine because of that. The fact remains though people aren’t saying I’ll leave it because there’s no Covid, they are happy to have a different jab but worried about having AZ because of clot risk. That’s a completely normal way to think regardless to the smallest of chances. Your mums (and so many others) very tiny doubts are as normal as mine albeit none of ours are perhaps rationale due to the exceptional low chance.   As I’ve said, my son will get the second dose but as a mum I’m allowed to have that little worry. 
You responded to my earlier post with ‘seriously, 4 in 30 Million with no deaths’    I asked you to post that evidence on here as that would be helpful to me  I’ve seen data that shows different so I’d appreciate you posting it as it will help me not to worry.  

Edited by Tulip1

41 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

My son isn’t a care worker. He is a university student.  He was offered the vaccine because he is classed as a key worker simply because he has a part time job in a supermarket.  It’s not a choice whether to mix vaccines, they don’t know if this works or whether it’s safe so it’s not an option offered.   If you had AZ the first time you have to have it the second time.  Your mum being older probably puts her at an advantage regarding blood clots because it’s one of the few things that’s effecting young people more than older people.  There is no Covid in Australia so I’d understand people not rushing into getting a vaccine because of that. The fact remains though people aren’t saying I’ll leave it because there’s no Covid, they are happy to have a different jab but worried about having AZ because of clot risk. That’s a completely normal way to think regardless to the smallest of chances. Your mums (and so many others) very tiny doubts are as normal as mine albeit none of ours are perhaps rationale due to the exceptional low chance.   As I’ve said, my son will get the second dose but as a mum I’m allowed to have that little worry. 
You responded to my earlier post with ‘seriously, 4 in 30 Million with no deaths’    I asked you to post that evidence on here as that would be helpful to me  I’ve seen data that shows different so I’d appreciate you posting it as it will help me not to worry.  

My mistake, I think it was 4 in 4 million.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://globalnews.ca/news/7835443/astrazeneca-vaccine-blood-clot-second-dose/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjmk9zIntXwAhVF5uAKHajkB84QFjAJegQIExAC&usg=AOvVaw2-Imq-lqzBQ7h_wHmgjaOa&ampcf=1

But if you compare that with antibiotics? All medicines carry risk. It's just that the covid vaccine risk has been blown up by the press 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/health/research/popular-antibiotic-may-raise-risk-of-sudden-death.html&ved=2ahUKEwjnnaL2oNXwAhUKnxQKHXCDATcQFjARegQICxAC&usg=AOvVaw0clbI4Wnz9uBGUJZZTNgH4

Edited by newjez

4 hours ago, newjez said:

You paste a study that’s over nine years old about a possible risk with one certain antibiotic which can affect people,  mainly with heart problems.  It even states there’s no problem with children as they rarely have heart conditions.  That’s your basis of stating antibiotics can kill you 🤔

The other thing you pasted is from Canada, it’s not as up to date as other reports although they should have the same information.  A better site to look at is the NHS UK public health one.  Here’s a really good chart from their site.  It doesn’t give stats on the second dose clot risk which is far lower than the first one but the site acknowledges it exists. 

2EE240B6-E3D6-4838-9246-716B299BDF4F.png

18 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

You paste a study that’s over nine years old about a possible risk with one certain antibiotic which can affect people,  mainly with heart problems.  It even states there’s no problem with children as they rarely have heart conditions.  That’s your basis of stating antibiotics can kill you 🤔

The other thing you pasted is from Canada, it’s not as up to date as other reports although they should have the same information.  A better site to look at is the NHS UK public health one.  Here’s a really good chart from their site.  It doesn’t give stats on the second dose clot risk which is far lower than the first one but the site acknowledges it exists. 

2EE240B6-E3D6-4838-9246-716B299BDF4F.png

You do what makes you happy.

I don't think I'm helping your situation. So we'll leave it there.

Edited by newjez