Has anybody made the move from UK to WA recently?

Mike B

19 hours ago, RandL said:

oh no, don't think I can do another winter in the UK.

Maybe you can arrange a swap with one of the PIO members who is DESPERATE to do not one winter in the UK, but a lifetime of them!

I actually envy people in WA living a life of "normality" even if it means excluding "The Walking Dead" from the Eastern States.

If Mr McGowan sticks to his promise of opening up on Feb 6th(?) I might be over there myself. 

2 hours ago, RandL said:

i think "normality" in WA is going to take a hit after the 6th Feb .

We currently have face masks at indoor public places and evidence of vaccination required for pubs, clubs, sporting events etc. due to the recent cases. These measures were all listed as part of the reopening plan but are part of the current “normality” so if they decide to just keep the mask mandate running, not much will change when the borders open (other than a jump in case numbers as planned).

Whether those measures will be sufficient for the slow burn of Covid they’re hoping for, and whether they’ll hold their nerve and stay open is another discussion entirely.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really wish WA would remove the minimum six month job requirement for the 190. Even if it meant showing evidence of settlement funds as an alternative, that would be very helpful. It’s so exceptionally difficult to have an employer consider you when you don’t have a valid visa at the time of application.

8 hours ago, Ceebs-x said:

I really wish WA would remove the minimum six month job requirement for the 190. Even if it meant showing evidence of settlement funds as an alternative, that would be very helpful. It’s so exceptionally difficult to have an employer consider you when you don’t have a valid visa at the time of application.

However I think that's why they do it.  Their thinking is that if an employer is desperate enough to hire you without a valid visa, then that proves there's a genuiine need.