Overstaying in Australia

Gannicus

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Did you receive any acknowledgment? Was payment taken for the application?

You really need someone to examine your case in detail and expect to pay for that.

Hi Rammygirl

Thank you for your reply. The payment is still showing credit in the immi account. Didnt receive any acknowledgement. 

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Respectfully, you decided to lodge a visa application without professional assistance - I'm not able to help in this circumstance.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I do regret on this certainly but due to some worst experiences in the past, I decided not to. All I can do now is to get a little piece of help from such plate-forms. Atleast to make my nerves calm. It feels like drowning in ocean with no help. 

38 minutes ago, Gannicus said:

Hi Rammygirl

Thank you for your reply. The payment is still showing credit in the immi account. Didnt receive any acknowledgement. 

Don’t know what you mean by still showing credit.  Has the money been taken for the application or not.  If payment has not gone through then the application has not been lodged properly.

3 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Don’t know what you mean by still showing credit.  Has the money been taken for the application or not.  If payment has not gone through then the application has not been lodged properly.

Hi Rammy, 

It was a paper based application but payment made from immi account (online). It is called pre-pay payment. Its an advance payment made before lodging application. Deducted from my bank account but showing as "credit" in the immi account. 

21 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Mm surely if payment has been taken it wouldn’t be showing as credit.  Did you track the post or send by courier? Are you sure they actually received the application?

When you spoke to them what did they say exactly?

Yes, it was a registered post and is received by department. Its confirmed they received it. I just spoke to immi general enquires, but they are not giving me a definite reply. Telling/speaking from their own website. No-one is sure about it

I legally applied being on a valid visa for another visa. Should it be a online immi application, i would've immediately receive BVA. Now its paper based, i have no clue and no-one to help me either 😞 very frustrating now.

4 hours ago, Gannicus said:

Yes, it was a registered post and is received by department. Its confirmed they received it. I just spoke to immi general enquires, but they are not giving me a definite reply. Telling/speaking from their own website. No-one is sure about it

I legally applied being on a valid visa for another visa. Should it be a online immi application, i would've immediately receive BVA. Now its paper based, i have no clue and no-one to help me either 😞 very frustrating now.

With what's at stake, I'd strongly recommend for you to involve a professional migration agent. 

19 hours ago, Gannicus said:

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

Once you have successfully lodge application, then the bridging visa A should immediately come into effect when visa 600 expire. You can check status using VEVO the date after visa 600 expire to see if there is any bridging visa A in effect. If not, you can apply for bridging visa A separately https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/bridging-visa-a-010#About 

You can also apply for visa 600 again, then if you get acceptance for visa 884, just have to submit form to cancel the application for 600 before the new 600 get approve. 

Advise is only from my speculation though, not expert.

Edited by cglcb1

1 hour ago, BigJoe said:

Why can you not give advice or help?

Short answer: because if an individual chooses to roll the dice and lodge an application without taking professional advice it's on his or her head if the application doesn't go as planned.

Professional advice that is worth having is worth paying for.   IMHO.

Best regards.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 26/10/2020 at 00:07, Gannicus said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Hello @Gannicus,

I found this topic from your old post. Was there any update for your parents case at all? May i know if you receive any bridging visa for them at all? I had just make a lodgement and very concerned to fall into similar scenario as yours. Appreciate if you could share any update with me.. 🙏