190 QLD Offer of Employment

Hi all, 

For 190, BSMQ requires me to have an offer of employment from my employer foe 12 months. I have spoken to my employer and they will only be writing that 'employment is ongoing', NOT 'employment is ongoing for 12 MONTHS'. 

My migration agent thinks we can give it a try with just this. What are everyone else's thoughts on this? 

21 minutes ago, ali said:

Personally, I'd be concerned if the requirement is for 12 months that  the application wouldn't be accepted.

Yea, Im a little concerned too. Not really sure whether to proceed with my application. Most likely will, I guess. 

49 minutes ago, WinterBench said:

Yea, Im a little concerned too. Not really sure whether to proceed with my application. Most likely will, I guess. 

Hopefully, one of the agents who regularly contribute to the forum will be able to comment on the strategy.  Is your agent MARA registered

26 minutes ago, ali said:

Hopefully, one of the agents who regularly contribute to the forum will be able to comment on the strategy.  Is your agent MARA registered

Yes, my agent is MARA registered.

Would be great if any of the agents comment on my case actually. Im mostly stuck abt whether to find a new job which would provide me with the offer of employment for 12 months or to continue staying but with possibly no positive outcome. I have been applying just in case anyway. Im hoping the last 6-7 months of me staying with my current employer isn't a waste.

Due to my casual contract, they are saying that they cant put the '12 months' by right but they still put me on full-time shifts. Very frustrating. 

Thank you for commenting so far. 

1 hour ago, WinterBench said:

Yes, my agent is MARA registered.

Would be great if any of the agents comment on my case actually. Im mostly stuck abt whether to find a new job which would provide me with the offer of employment for 12 months or to continue staying but with possibly no positive outcome. I have been applying just in case anyway. Im hoping the last 6-7 months of me staying with my current employer isn't a waste.

Due to my casual contract, they are saying that they cant put the '12 months' by right but they still put me on full-time shifts. Very frustrating. 

Thank you for commenting so far. 

I didn't realise you're on a casual contract - I understand now why they can't write you have work for 12 months - technically as a casual they may not need you tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, ali said:

I didn't realise you're on a casual contract - I understand now why they can't write you have work for 12 months - technically as a casual they may not need you tomorrow.

Yeap, I am on a casual contract. I understand why they are saying that but they do intend to keep me on for 12 mths and more. They just cant write '12 months' on the letter since Im casual. Im definitely thinking of other jobs though so we will see. It is just frustrating having to start over with the 6 months conditions for BSMQ again. 

3 minutes ago, WinterBench said:

Yeap, I am on a casual contract. I understand why they are saying that but they do intend to keep me on for 12 mths and more. They just cant write '12 months' on the letter since Im casual. Im definitely thinking of other jobs though so we will see. It is just frustrating having to start over with the 6 months conditions for BSMQ again. 

I would be very surprised if a casual contract was sufficient. If you are working full time then the employer is possibly acting illegally too

7 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I would be very surprised if a casual contract was sufficient. If you are working full time then the employer is possibly acting illegally too

I think it might be legal actually. We are allowed to ask for a permanent contract after a year of working with them. I have set up a consultation with another agent and will see how it goes. Thank you for commenting!