Partner 309 visa

Richo T

I have been granted a Partner visa sub class 309, in January of this year (2020). I have to use the visa before 23rd January 2021.  With all the Covid-19 lockdowns and no entry in or out etc.....does anyone know if I might be able to extend the date by say three months ?

Ive tried to contact Immigration but its almost impossible !

Many thanks

10 minutes ago, lepea said:

As a holder of a 309 you do not need to apply for the exemption to travel. 
Not sure about them extending the entry by date though. 

I didn't realise that was the case, thanks for the correction.

However, @Richo T, if that's the case then it's unlikely they would extend your entry by date.  There is nothing stopping you getting on a plane right now, so why would they?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Richo T said:

I have been granted a Partner visa sub class 309, in January of this year (2020). I have to use the visa before 23rd January 2021.  With all the Covid-19 lockdowns and no entry in or out etc.....does anyone know if I might be able to extend the date by say three months ?

Ive tried to contact Immigration but its almost impossible !

Many thanks

As the partner of a citizen you can apply for an exemption to gain entry. 

They might extend the date if it were a lot closer, but at present you'd be awasting your time asking. 

2 hours ago, Richo T said:

Thanks all for your responses. Its a bit different this one, never seen a Pandemic before so normal rules out of the window I guess.

Welll no they're not, that's the point.  You hold a 309 visa so you're entitled to enter the country and you've got to arrive by a certain deadline.  None of that has changed.

There's a good choice of flights available now too.

Edited by Marisawright

2 hours ago, Richo T said:

Thanks all for your responses. Its a bit different this one, never seen a Pandemic before so normal rules out of the window I guess.

Thanks.

Why out the window? You can still go and as you’ve been granted a partner visa I’d assume you’d be keen to get there ASAP. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

May i ask where this information is from please? 🤔

Thank you. 

It's on the Government's website:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/immediate-family-australian-citizen-or-permanent-resident

"Partner (subclasses 100, 309, 801, 820) and Child (subclasses 101, 102, 445) visa holders can come to Australia. You do not need to request an exemption."