Migration agent minefield

Jaime Sunderland

Hi can anybody recommend a reputable migration agent we are a family of 5 looking to move out to Australia, we have relatives in Australia from the UK and we’re wanting to join them, We want to get the ball rolling as we’re aware this is a very long process, my concern is their are so many migration agents online with no guidance so hoping some of you have experience in using a reputable agent 

Mank Thanks

Jaime

You've come to the right place.   There are a few agents on these forums.   I haven't used any of them personally, but the fact that they're so generous with free advice here is a good sign.   

Unfortunately, having relatives in Australia offers no advantage - Australia only accepts migrants with qualifications and experience in a short list of skilled occupations.   A free initial consultation with an agent will identify whether yourself or your spouse fit into any of the eligible categories and therefore stand a chance of getting a visa. 

15 minutes ago, mrsmac said:

I have to agree, Concept Australia is excellent. Have been around a long time and based in the UK, which for some is preferable.

Being based in the UK is completely irrelevant (although I'll admit mine was) as you deal with them by email and phone so what you are looking for is the one you get on with that you trust not the one closest to you.

The first question the OP needs to answer is how old are they? If you are over 45 then the migration dream is over before it starts.

Then think about what job you are qualified and have experience in. Then check to see if it's on the very small list of desirable occupations that can lead to a visa.

The reality is that immigration is tough and having family in Oz is no longer a stepping stone to being there yourself

• Like 1

My current job role is Lead Electrical Engineer I’m an Electrician by trade aged 35, that’s what I’m after I don’t mind where they’re based, we just want a reputable agent we can trust, we know it’s not a straight forward process but we have nothing to loose, thank you all for the advice so far, Concept sound a positive lead 

I suggest you try the DUC in London, I’m an electrician who has gone through the process upto application stage (we are still waiting for CO contact).

One thing though; electricians & electrical engineers are two different roles, meaning that just because you maybe a level 3 qualified spark, you still need to prove work experience within the last 10 years.
If your going as an electrical engineer you would need to satisfy an “Engineers Australia” skills assessment I believe & again, prove work experience.

As others have said above, have an assessment with a good agent.

Best wishes