Aged parents visa

Bashudha

I have applied my mum visa on May 2014 and got into queue on June 2015 still waiting for results. Wanted to find out what latest date of visa grant , just for piece of mind and also she hasn’t got medicare, has she entitled to have medicare?

55 minutes ago, Bashudha said:

We applied to aged parents visa 804. Her visa queueing date is June 2015

They are currently processing August 2010 but the official line says 25/30 years for new applicants . I would estimate that you have approximately 18,000 ahead of you (103/804) at the current rate of processing/dropouts/visa switches it would be in my opinion about 8 or 9 years before your turn . I presume your mother is on a bridging visa which allows for basic Medicare.

20 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

They are currently processing August 2010 but the official line says 25/30 years for new applicants . I would estimate that you have approximately 18,000 ahead of you (103/804) at the current rate of processing/dropouts/visa switches it would be in my opinion about 8 or 9 years before your turn . I presume your mother is on a bridging visa which allows for basic Medicare.

But when is check last time couple of month ago there was 3700 plus people before on queue but when I checked yesterday says 900 plus so I’m kinda positive. 

1 hour ago, palaceboy1 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the figures posted by IMMi yesterday on the visa queue calculator are wrong . They made a similar mistake last month and corrected it when I pointed it out, same mistake this month.

Where did they posted about it?? That sucks 😔

• 1 month later...
On 08/04/2020 at 20:34, palaceboy1 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the figures posted by IMMi yesterday on the visa queue calculator are wrong . They made a similar mistake last month and corrected it when I pointed it out, same mistake this month.

Hey,

I applied for 804 parents visa and the documents reached today.

Do you guys know how much time it takes for the perth centre to send an acknowledgement and give a bridging visa.

Can anybody please provide an estimate?

Hello there,

I understand your situation cause I have been there..

I been a while so don’t remember exactly but I think we got bridging visa soon after my mum current visa finished or just after lodge. But we got into queue one year after we applied means we applied for her visa around Feb or March 2014 but her queue date is May 2015.

once you applied for aged parents visa you will be grant bridging visa but need to wait for while to be in actual queue.

Hope that helped 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Can you remember if they sent an email to you .Does this Bridging visa automatically applied or it came after the acknowledgement.

I can wait for the queue but I am more concerned about the allocation of bridging visa.

Is there any contact number which I can use to contact them.

Edited by ausdre

Bridging visas are granted when you make a valid onshore application. However they do not actually kick in until the current visa expires. You remain on the visa you are on then when it expires the bridging visa allows you to stay until a decision is made on the new visa. Do read the conditions of the bridging visa, they are not all the same. 

25 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Bridging visas are granted when you make a valid onshore application. However they do not actually kick in until the current visa expires. You remain on the visa you are on then when it expires the bridging visa allows you to stay until a decision is made on the new visa. Do read the conditions of the bridging visa, they are not all the same. 

Thanks for the reply, I have read about the Bridging Visas but let me explain you the actual scenario , My parents visa will expire on 10 June  2020 and the documents have reached today, so when you say valid application, my parents satisfy all the criteria’s even balance of family test , the do we require their acknowledgement for the BV to be granted?

if no then how we will get to know that the BV will be applied once the current visa expires , I mean I want to be sure that it kicks in when their current visa expires, 

Edited by ausdre

19 hours ago, ausdre said:

Thanks for the reply, I have read about the Bridging Visas but let me explain you the actual scenario , My parents visa will expire on 10 June  2020 and the documents have reached today, so when you say valid application, my parents satisfy all the criteria’s even balance of family test , the do we require their acknowledgement for the BV to be granted?

if no then how we will get to know that the BV will be applied once the current visa expires , I mean I want to be sure that it kicks in when their current visa expires, 

can anyone answer it please

1 hour ago, ausdre said:

can anyone answer it please

If people have answered the same question on a different thread you are unlikely to get an answer. Better to stick to one thread, or start your own so all your answers are contained in the same place.

10 minutes ago, ali said:

If people have answered the same question on a different thread you are unlikely to get an answer. Better to stick to one thread, or start your own so all your answers are contained in the same place.

I have put in 5 thread because some threads are not active and some are so you dont know who will reply. and in all those threads I found the answers very vague, I am happy to remove those questions from those thread and can continue on this thread.

On 20/05/2020 at 22:09, Bashudha said:

Hello there,

I understand your situation cause I have been there..

I been a while so don’t remember exactly but I think we got bridging visa soon after my mum current visa finished or just after lodge. But we got into queue one year after we applied means we applied for her visa around Feb or March 2014 but her queue date is May 2015.

once you applied for aged parents visa you will be grant bridging visa but need to wait for while to be in actual queue.

Hope that helped 

Hai

would like to know whether your mom was asked for Medical’s and character requirements for queuing in 2015.

Thanks in advance