AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

9 minutes ago, AnnetteV said:

Can I ask why you requested an urgent ceremony if you don't mind?

I had my application approved in middle of December last year , am in Brisbane and there is a good chance my partner might get offered a job overseas in a couple of months, and then we will both leave Australia for a while. I really want my ceremony to have taken place before that and am just wondering if it is worth asking for that when we don't have a proper offer yet.

"might get offered a job overseas in a couple of months"

If you tell them this, do you think they will make you citizens on priority ?

43 minutes ago, Melbournian said:

"might get offered a job overseas in a couple of months"

If you tell them this, do you think they will make you citizens on priority ?

No, I am not asking for any special considerations, am just asking. It is still allowed to ask questions and be naive I would like to think

Hey guys, have only ever posted on this site to inform others of timelines as I have found it useful whilst silently browsing these forums. 

timeline for citizenship  

applied 22 July 2020 

test 24/02/21 

Approval today on the 08/03/21

if anybody has any idea how to find out dates of ceremonies it would be greatly appreciated; my ceremony will be in the central coast NSW. I took the test in Sydney CBD. 

3 hours ago, AnnetteV said:

No, I am not asking for any special considerations, am just asking. It is still allowed to ask questions and be naive I would like to think

I have asked more Naïve/Basic Questions in the group. 🙂  This group is tolerant and can answer repetitively to similar Q. 

I just wanted you to ponder why it may not be a  good reason. They will not make you citizens to go and work for other economies. 

That's why i asked Q, rather than answering. 

3 hours ago, Brezington said:

Hey guys, have only ever posted on this site to inform others of timelines as I have found it useful whilst silently browsing these forums. 

timeline for citizenship  

applied 22 July 2020 

test 24/02/21 

if anybody has any idea how to find out dates of ceremonies it would be greatly appreciated; my ceremony will be in the central coast NSW. I took the test in Sydney CBD. 

Some councils will display it on website.  Services > Citizenship ceremony. 

If not email them from contact us page.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brezington said:

timeline for citizenship  

applied 22 July 2020 

test 24/02/21 

Congratulations. 

Can I ask when you received the invitation to the test?

10 hours ago, Melbournian said:

I have asked more Naïve/Basic Questions in the group. 🙂  This group is tolerant and can answer repetitively to similar Q. 

I just wanted you to ponder why it may not be a  good reason. They will not make you citizens to go and work for other economies. 

That's why i asked Q, rather than answering. 

The following types of circumstances are not considered genuinely urgent or compelling:

• Overseas travel for employment, holidays, family reunions or weddings

• Pre-purchased airline tickets, cruise tickets or overseas accommodation

• General entry-level employment requiring Australian citizenship

• Expired passport (if you are travelling overseas before your ceremony you are encouraged to apply for another passport from your current country of citizenship)

• Expired authority to return to Australia (if you are travelling overseas before your ceremony you are encouraged to apply for a Resident Return visa)

• Like 1

Hi All,

New to the forum. I applied for Australian citizenship as well.

Eligible for Citizenship : 23rd July 2020

Applied for Citizenship on : 23rd July 2020

Citizenship test : 6th March 2021.

Approved : 6th March 2021.

Ceremony with council : Waiting!

Is there a way for us to choose a virtual online ceremony or is it up to the council?

I have finally got my invite to sit the Citizenship interview and test.

Applied November 8th 2020

Interview and Test 8th April 2020

I have question. They say in the letter to bring all original documents that were submitted with the application. I don’t think I still have some of them (ie. passport size photo) as I didn’t realised they were going to ask for them after uploading online. Beside some of the documents I uploaded were already scanned copies that I had from when I applied for my permanent residency (ie. birth certificate and translation).

Do you think this will be a problem? 

Edited by Cippalippa

On 06/03/2021 at 12:33, Bajajbajaj said:

Did you email them to ask for virtual ceremony?

Thanks 

Hi, you had an amazingly fast invite ceremony invite, which is awesome, My application got approved in February 2021, we are in Melbourne, so trying to understand if people have received ceremony invites ?

19 hours ago, AnnetteV said:

I was trying to be delicate in my last post, but I suppose I might as well be a little more forthcoming. My wife is dying, and I really didn’t want to have a citizenship ceremony during my mourning. 

On 06/03/2021 at 20:25, ToowoombaBlue said:

Word to the wise, check your immi account regularly!

I nearly missed a request for more information, luckily caught it with five days to spare! They should have emailed me, but didn’t.

Hi @ToowoombaBlue

You applied in June 2020? I applied in July 2020 from Toowoomba as well.

Do you mind sharing what sort of information they have requested, so I can prepare as well?

Good Luck.

Regards,

19 hours ago, Gaurav99 said:

Hi, you had an amazingly fast invite ceremony invite, which is awesome, My application got approved in February 2021, we are in Melbourne, so trying to understand if people have received ceremony invites ?

Same here. Which council?

3 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi guys,

Is it ok to move to another council after approval while you are waifing for ceremony ? Is there any impact of this ? 

Thank you

Hi!

It may delay or speed up your ceremony invite.

We are moving interstate and I told the case officer during the interview and he mentioned that he will allocate us on the list of the new council we are going to. 

We gave him our new address, and he only mentioned to use the form to update details to change our postal address.

But if you havent notified the department on your new address, you should by sending them the Changes of acircumstanced form to update your residential/postal address. 

For those asking how long one should wait after approval, the approval letter says "within 6 months from the approval date you will receive an invite, time may vary''

N

1 hour ago, Nora said:

Hi!

It may delay or speed up your ceremony invite.

Thank you Nora for the reply ! 

Do you in what scenario it would delay and in what scenario it would speed up the ceremony appointment ?

1 hour ago, Nora said:

We gave him our new address, and he only mentioned to use the form to update details to change our postal address.

Could you please let me know what you mean by this "he only mentioned to use the form to update details to change our postal address." - which form is this about ? 

Also why only postal address ? Is it not also residential address ? 

Also, did you update the address before you moved to that new address ? is it like a friend's place or a place you already own / lease started at the point of updating the address ? Or is it updated on basis that you know you are moving to that address ?

1 hour ago, Nora said:

But if you havent notified the department on your new address, you should by sending them the Changes of acircumstanced form to update your residential/postal address. 

Should we send a form ? Or can we update it immi account itself ? 

Edited by Sigemup
additional point added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you Nora for the reply ! 

Do you in what scenario it would delay and in what scenario it would speed up the ceremony appointment ?

Could you please let me know what you mean by this "he only mentioned to use the form to update details to change our postal address." - which form is this about ? 

Also why only postal address ? Is it not also residential address ? 

Also, did you update the address before you moved to that new address ? is it like a friend's place or a place you already own / lease started at the point of updating the address ? Or is it updated on basis that you know you are moving to that address ?

Should we send a form ? Or can we update it immi account itself ? 

Ah, I gave the case officer or interviewer our future residential address. And he asked where will we be before the move date, and I said we would still be in the here in Melbourne. So he went in to update our residential address, and left the current so we can receive the approval letters. That is why he said that once we have moved we should update our postal address. I believe you can do so via online through the immi account  I haven't done it yet as we are still living in Melbourne but as next week we move interstate and will try until then.

In regards to delaying or speeding, well..it may delay if there are more applications awaiting  ceremony or speed if there are less in the new council. I was told this during my interview, but he said that it is within 6 months to do not stress. 

Hope this gives you an insight.

:)

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 09:24, Volkang said:

As much as I feel sorry for you for waiting this long, it feels better seeing that I am not alone 🥲 thank you for the reply.

I also applied at end of Apr 20. I have called my local senator, I feel like we should get some acknowledgment/ update (even a blanket one not specific to individuals to set expectations). It has been long, I understand Covid but other states are progressing v quickly so maybe they could help share load or something I’m not sure but no word is difficult. 

On 09/03/2021 at 10:44, Cippalippa said:

I have finally got my invite to sit the Citizenship interview and test.

Applied November 8th 2020

Interview and Test 8th April 2020

I have question. They say in the letter to bring all original documents that were submitted with the application. I don’t think I still have some of them (ie. passport size photo) as I didn’t realised they were going to ask for them after uploading online. Beside some of the documents I uploaded were already scanned copies that I had from when I applied for my permanent residency (ie. birth certificate and translation).

Do you think this will be a problem? 

Congratulations, which state?

Hi all.

I have applied for citizenship from Melbourne in August 2020.no respose until now.I have to shift from Melbourne to South Australia, Adelaide due to my husband job.i wanna know how it is going to effect on my citizenship application when  i change address.