AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Hey Melbourne!

We just received the letters to sit the test/interview at the Melbourne CBD office for 19 of March👏👏👏👏 Finally! I will check if I can schedule it before.

Hang in there! After a year of applying we finally hear from the Department.

Cheers 

N

• Like 2

Did anyone got a ceremony invitation for 18th of Feb in Cairns city?

Even my friend who got his approval on 3rd of Nov 2021 didn't get letter.. 

I already saw so many people who got approved their file later than mine already finished ceremony.....

I really didn't want to wait for another half an year but it seems going to be umm...

Approval date : 20th Nov 2020.

Hi guys

I would soon like to apply for citizenship, but I was wondering- I arrived to activate PR visa May 17 (one week), then went back to UK to sell house/arrange animals etc. Came again in August that year for house search, then went back to complete house sale etc.

I moved fully in Jan 18. Have been told 4 years starts from activation? does that count if residential address was in UK from the May to Dec 17? 

Thank you so much.

2 hours ago, EurotoAus said:

Hi guys

I would soon like to apply for citizenship, but I was wondering- I arrived to activate PR visa May 17 (one week), then went back to UK to sell house/arrange animals etc. Came again in August that year for house search, then went back to complete house sale etc.

I moved fully in Jan 18. Have been told 4 years starts from activation? does that count if residential address was in UK from the May to Dec 17? 

Thank you so much.

4 years is the total time you live in Australia. There is a calculation on the homeaffairs website which will help you to calculate your actual living time in Aus after deducting times you stayed overseas

Hey

just a quick question.. i took my test on 5th February but my status on immi account still shows “received “. Does it take so long to be approved? Is it possible i just get a letter by post snd nothing on my immi account?

Thanks in advance 

Hi, 

Just looking for an indication on timeframes for approval after successfully completing the Citizenship test? I notice for the majority, they've received same day approvals. Completed my test yesterday at the Sydney CBD test centre. 

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 7th May 2020

Invitation: 15th January 2021

Test Date: 17th Feb 2021 / Rescheduled to 11th Feb 2021

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Waverly Council 

1 hour ago, NRK said:

Hey

just a quick question.. i took my test on 5th February but my status on immi account still shows “received “. Does it take so long to be approved? Is it possible i just get a letter by post snd nothing on my immi account?

Thanks in advance 

In the same boat. Passed yesterday, but nothing. Notice most people receive same day approvals. Maybe I'm just being impatient. 

Hi,

Sharing our progress and timeline. My wife and myself will be talking the tests tomorrow

Citizenship Application: 22 Jun 2020
Invitation: 28 January 2021
Test Date: 13 Feb 2021 (Parramatta Council)

We don't need to bring the Form 1105 that we submitted on our application right?

Hi folks been a while since I commented on the site.  I have been looking in from time to time.

Anyway unbelievably it has been nearly 4 years since I moved to Adelaide. PR activated 9th May 2017.

I logged on to my Immi account the other day, and thought I might as well fill in the application for citizenship. I knew I wouldn't be able to submit it yet but I thought I might at least be able fill in most of it.

I only got to page 6 or 7 of 34, I think, and it wouldn't let me go any further. 

I have two questions, what is in the rest of the form?

Am I not able to finish it until 9th of May?

Thanks 

Jonathan 

6 hours ago, lastdrop said:

Hi,

Sharing our progress and timeline. My wife and myself will be talking the tests tomorrow

Citizenship Application: 22 Jun 2020
Invitation: 28 January 2021
Test Date: 13 Feb 2021 (Parramatta Council)

We don't need to bring the Form 1105 that we submitted on our application right?

No you dont. The officer will read through the application and ask you to show them some docs ie birth cert, driving license ect

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ding said:

A question, was the ceremony invitation sent via email or letter?

Mine was emailed only. No letter NOR any updates on IMMIAccount. 

It was also emailed by a random Council worker whose name was highlighted in the email, which could easily be missed, deleted, or possibly go to junk mail.. At least by me.. 

7 hours ago, 04April2017DE said:

I have the same question 

It was also emailed by a random Council worker whose name was highlighted in the email, which could easily be missed, deleted, or possibly go to junk mail.. At least by me.. 

Hey everyone I need help

so my husband and I applied 9th October 2020,from a sponsor visa 457.

now my husband is seriously getting crazy to keep working there,he is going to the psychologist and taking medication for anxiety and depression 

I was wondering to know if he stop working for them do you think they can cancel his application for the citizenship?

please reply as he is really getting crazy and worried to resign 

5 hours ago, Sere said:

Hey everyone I need help

so my husband and I applied 9th October 2020,from a sponsor visa 457.

now my husband is seriously getting crazy to keep working there,he is going to the psychologist and taking medication for anxiety and depression 

I was wondering to know if he stop working for them do you think they can cancel his application for the citizenship?

please reply as he is really getting crazy and worried to resign 

You are applying for citizenship from a temporary visa?  I rather think you would be declined as you need to have at least a year as a permanent resident. Or is it that you have applied for a permanent residency visa (not citizenship?).

On 13/02/2021 at 11:38, Sanna said:

thanks, how long was the wait between approval and the ceremony email? If you don't mind? Which council