AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

6 hours ago, Hope123 said:

Hi Vzdike

My application is almost similar to yours.

Still waiting for the approval lol

Application date:18 /07/2020

Test/Interview: 08/12/2020

NSW 

Hey @vzdike

Your application is in NSW? :) That seems to be quick! I lodged mine 3 days after you.

When did you receive the request for test/interview?

Thank you :)

I just asked this is the 2018/19 group as well but wondering if anyone has heard anything from the Melbourne office? What date they are up to processing wise or what capacity they are at? My gut is saying 25% capacity with office restrictions to increase to 50% in Jan (Covid steps) I understand Covid delays but it would even be good to have some indication!

1 hour ago, natmis said:

Hi Guys,

I'm about to apply for the citizenship and was wondering what kind of documents have you attached? Have you attached any character reference letters, etc?

Thank you!

Nat

There is step by step guide for the documents you need on the website. I have submitted the following

• Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Proof of first entry (This is a tricky one.Some people have stamp on their passport for the first arrival and in my case didn't.If your case is similar to mine you can fill in form 1359 and email it to given email address on the form> You will get movement records )
  • Driver Licence 
  • Bank statement
  • Photograph taken in last 6 months
  • Form 1195 (google search the form and you need to get it signed by someone from the occupation specified on the form.Same Person need to sign back of your photograph, which need to uploaded with the front side)
  • Police certificate from any country where you have stayed more than 90 days since getting the PR

I think that's all you need, Feel free to message if you require any more information. I have test tomorrow, wish me luck haha

• Like 1

2 years back this forum was full of people applying replying etc.. I hardly see any one here any more due to strict border laws shutting of borders due to COVID and people opting Canada over Australia as PR in Canada is guarantee rather than Australia and being soo close to USA its easy to start a new life as USA as is lot cheaper compared to ours but anyway I will be citizen soon and we are not dying in thousands everyday so I think we are in the lucky country and my decision for not opting to immigrate to Canada was a good option.

33 minutes ago, cams326 said:

Oh I tagged the wrong person. Sorry! Congratulations! 

May I ask which city in Sydney did you apply?

Thank you 🙂

It's OK I'm living in Orange is a city which is located in Central West in NSW.

Thanks

Edited by Hope123

20 hours ago, VicApplicant said:

I just asked this is the 2018/19 group as well but wondering if anyone has heard anything from the Melbourne office? What date they are up to processing wise or what capacity they are at? My gut is saying 25% capacity with office restrictions to increase to 50% in Jan (Covid steps) I understand Covid delays but it would even be good to have some indication!

Hi,

Someone from our office applied for citizenship here in Melbourne last 24 August 2019 and got her citizenship test invitation last 24 Nov 2020 for the 9th of Dec. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

13th November in Brisbane and then I had to submit further information which was finalised 11 December. From 12 December it says my application for citizenship has been approved on my immi account.

I ask about the ceremony date letter as I am travelling around the state a bit the coming months and don’t want to miss the date..

2 minutes ago, AnnetteV said:

13th November in Brisbane and then I had to submit further information which was finalised 11 December. From 12 December it says my application for citizenship has been approved on my immi account.

I ask about the ceremony date letter as I am travelling around the state a bit the coming months and don’t want to miss the date..

Thank you. 

I had my interview and test on the 07th of December with no movement since then. 

Did they ask for further information after the test/interview. 

Really hope I can get approval before March next year.

Think at the moment ceremony can be 3-6 months I think. But other members will be able to provide better estimate.

1 hour ago, AnnetteV said:

I can imagine a lot of us approved will have the ceremony on Australia Day in January. Fingers crossed for you as well.

You will get the ceremony letter through email. And reg dates, Brisbane city council has gone a little slow after they stopped virtual ceremonies. I highly doubt if you will get a ceremony for Australia day as there are still people who were approved in Oct hasn't received the ceremony letter yet. 

If at all you are selected for Australia day, you should receive invite by next week. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AnnetteV said:

I can imagine a lot of us approved will have the ceremony on Australia Day in January. Fingers crossed for you as well.

Yes. I have heard that councils hold biggest ceremonies on Australia day and call a number of people. Even last year a number of my friends took their citizenship oath on Australia day. Let's hope for the best. 

26 minutes ago, yw9000000 said:

Hi All!

New to this forum. Submitted my citizenship application on 31st October in WA. Any idea what the wait times are at the moment please? 

Also do you receive a letter or an email for the citizenship test?

Thanks!

My application date was same as yours ( last week of October). You should be receiving an email from the department very soon regarding your citizenship test. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Perth123 said:

My application date was same as yours ( last week of October). You should be receiving an email from the department very soon regarding your citizenship test. 

Oooooh I hope so! That is exciting. When is your test and which council? Who does the email come from? Sorry for all of the questions!

VIC question ... it seems there are a few testing locations outside Melbourne (Shepparton, Bendigo, Ballarat, Morwell and Warrnambool) but some information on this forum indicates that everyone gets funnelled through Melbourne anyway.  Has anyone completed their test and/or interview at one of these centres outside Melbourne?  I'm interested to know if there are faster timelines in any of these regional offices as compared to Melbourne applications.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/learn-about-citizenship-interview-and-test/citizenship-test-locator

11 minutes ago, yw9000000 said:

Oooooh I hope so! That is exciting. When is your test and which council? Who does the email come from? Sorry for all of the questions!

No worries mate. My test was on 10th of December. My council is City of Melville. You will get email from dept of home affairs.