AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

5 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi friends,

Normally after test, when we get approval?

I had my test last week didn't get any approval yet. I heard some people get approval same day.

Sometimes the approval mail does not come at all. Check your immi account for application status after a week or so and it should be updated to approved.

Hi everyone

I applied for citizenship sep 2021. I was overseas the past 4 months and came back to Australia a couple of days ago. I also calked the department two days ago and informed them that I am back. I notice many Victorians who applied Nov 2021 are receiving invites so its definitely past our turn. No news from the department yet. Does this mean I have lost my spot in the queue? Most of those who applied the same time as me received their invites 2 months ago. Does this mean that I have been pushed back in the line for four months? Or would I still be treated as someone who applied in Sep 2021?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Iman said:

Hi everyone

I applied for citizenship sep 2021. I was overseas the past 4 months and came back to Australia a couple of days ago. I also calked the department two days ago and informed them that I am back. I notice many Victorians who applied Nov 2021 are receiving invites so its definitely past our turn. No news from the department yet. Does this mean I have lost my spot in the queue? Most of those who applied the same time as me received their invites 2 months ago. Does this mean that I have been pushed back in the line for four months? Or would I still be treated as someone who applied in Sep 2021?

Thanks

Give them a chance! You only came back 2 days ago, and today is a public holiday into the bargain. 

20 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Give them a chance! You only came back 2 days ago, and today is a public holiday into the bargain. 

Thanks mate

I know it might take a while. My concern is,

Do you think I will lose myself in the queue as a september 21 applicant? 

On 21/09/2022 at 02:30, sarens said:

I finally got the ceremony invite , this is my timeline:

Application Date - 29 Jan 2021 

Test Invite Received: 31 March 2022

Test Date - 9 April  2022 rescheduled to 5th April 2022

Approval Date-5th April 2022

Ceremony invite received- 20th September 2022

Ceremony Date  12th October 2022 

@Stonnington Council, VIC

Based on your approval date, I believe your invite should come soon too.

Congrats! The wait between application and test was the worst for me, 15 months! Applied Nov 2020, test Feb 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/09/2022 at 13:21, Iman said:

Hi everyone

Thanks

No, I left Australia countless times between application and test, and again between test and ceremony date (ceremony date was received while I was overseas, so it doesn’t even appear to put anything on hold).

I’m also outside of Australia again now, 7 days after the ceremony (left on day 6), so we’ll see how returning goes, but my RRV still shows as active in VEVO, so I assume it’ll be fine. My passport application’s been lodged, as I’ve got a lot of overseas travel planned coming up, and eventually I’ll start getting issues using my other passports I expect.

Edited by Waiting_in_vic
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

Friends,

Still no update.

Should i have to call immi or wait?

Dont fret

I hear some are approved the same day

Some might even take up to 2 months. But the longer wait time does not also mean something is not right. Its normal. You just need to be patient and wait

Edited by Iman

14 hours ago, mallard76 said:
14 hours ago, mallard76 said:

This is my timeline for Moreton Bay in QLD:

Applied 28/04/2022

Appointment invite 31/08/2022 (4 months from application) for 06/10/2022, rescheduled to 01/09/2022

Ceremony 03/11/2022 (2 months from appointment)

Congratulations,

How many days after the test, you got the approval letter?

Hi All, 

Update on my Citizenship Timeline: @Manningham City Council - Melbourne

Application Date: 24 Jan 2022 
Interview/Test Invite Received: 04 October 2022
Interview/Test Date: 27 October 2022
Approval Date: TBC
Ceremony invite received: TBC
Ceremony Date: TBC 

I am honestly very surprised at the amount of time it took to receive the invite. Based on the responses I've been reading on these forums it seems to take anywhere between 12-15 months from application to test invite. It seems like the DHA is really starting to clear it's backlog and speed up the citizenship application process in Victoria. 

3 hours ago, Kuwind said:

Did u try calling home affairs?

Same old cliche answers. Said your status is now showing "onshore". No updates on your case yet. You need to wait as it is still within the processing time window. I applied in sep21and people from feb 22 in VIC are now getting invited!

1 hour ago, Iman said:

Same old cliche answers. Said your status is now showing "onshore". No updates on your case yet. You need to wait as it is still within the processing time window. I applied in sep21and people from feb 22 in VIC are now getting invited!

Ohh thats sad..i hope they invite u soon..it can be very frustrating i understand..the entire process has tired me..applied in mar 2021..finally have the invite for ceremony in November...a total of 20 months in total..

2 hours ago, SSY said:

Hi, anyone in Casey Council had been approved and received invite for Citizenship ceremony?

What is the timeline between approval date and citizenship ceremony?

Thanks

@SSY - refer to my post above. I originally applied from Casey Council and then moved to the Manningham area.

Timeline from application to Test/interview invite has been around 9 months 

Hi All - quick update on my timeline: @Manningham Council, Melbourne, Victoria

Application Date: 24 Jan 2022 
Interview/Test Invite Received: 04 October 2022
Interview/Test Date: 27 October 2022

Rescheduled Interview/Test Date: 07 Oct 2022 

Approval Date: 07 Oct 2022
Ceremony invite received: TBC
Ceremony Date: TBC