AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

3 hours ago, Ramy said:

Hi All,

Has anybody who was approved for citizenship in VIC later than 28th March 2021 received the invite for ceremony?

Appreciate your response in advance.

Regards

I think u r asking about wyndham.. yes applicants from april also received invite for 18th September and mar approved applicants for 17th September 

Edited by Kuwind

13 hours ago, Kuwind said:

I think u r asking about wyndham.. yes applicants from april also received invite for 18th September and mar approved applicants for 17th September 

Thanks a lot for the response Kuwind. Yes, I’m after Wyndham Council updates only.

Any idea till what date in April has got invite for ceremony?

19 hours ago, Danish Saleem said:

If you are the primary applicant and you have your email then you will receive one invite which covers everyone , your invite should say something to indicate that this invite is extended to your family as well , I have not receive any invite but I am saying this because this is what happen to one of my friend 

My wife is primary applicant and she is not received invitation. In my invitation they haven’t mentioned extended to family members.

8 hours ago, Ramy said:

Thanks a lot for the response Kuwind. Yes, I’m after Wyndham Council updates only.

Any idea till what date in April has got invite for ceremony?

Not quite sure yet.. someone said 30th apr but dont know if it was linked with other applicant.. but till 19th apr for sure 

Hi

I have this unique situation here. If anyone had a similar situation or know the process, let me know.

Prior to my interview, I received a further email requesting to fill up 1399 form, which I done and uploaded.

in the interview, the office asked for my police clearance. I told I was not asked for it, but only for the 1399 form. Upon checking, the officer apologized and said it was their mistake during the pre-assessment. He still allowed me to go ahead and take the test and said that he will send an email later for me to get the police clearance. He did not check any documents. I have passed the test.

1. how long will it take for them to get back to me on the police clearance email.

2. If I do not received the email for a few days, how do I followed up with Immigration office? Any email address or phone I can call to?

3. My husband had got the approval letter for him and our kids. 
     I do not want my situation to affect their place for citizenship ceremony as I mention in the application to attend together.

How do I inform Immigration that we would like to have separate ceremonies.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

54 minutes ago, SSY said:

Hi

I have this unique situation here. If anyone had a similar situation or know the process, let me know.

Prior to my interview, I received a further email requesting to fill up 1399 form, which I done and uploaded.

in the interview, the office asked for my police clearance. I told I was not asked for it, but only for the 1399 form. Upon checking, the officer apologized and said it was their mistake during the pre-assessment. He still allowed me to go ahead and take the test and said that he will send an email later for me to get the police clearance. He did not check any documents. I have passed the test.

1. how long will it take for them to get back to me on the police clearance email.

2. If I do not received the email for a few days, how do I followed up with Immigration office? Any email address or phone I can call to?

I do not want my situation to affect their place for citizenship ceremony as I mention in the application to attend together.

First login to your online immi account and see what's the status of your application appearing. If it's Approved then I guess they may not ask for any further information from you at all, however, do your due diligence.

On 21/08/2022 at 12:39, Kuwind said:

Not quite sure yet.. someone said 30th apr but dont know if it was linked with other applicant.. but till 19th apr for sure 

Thanks a lot Kuwind for the response. Fingers crossed, hopefully, I will get it soon... Mine was on 9th May and so far haven't received the invite...

18 hours ago, SSY said:

Hi

I went through a similar situation recently. After asking for a fresh police clearance certificate of a recent visit to my home country, I was allowed to take the test and then arrange the certificate in next 60 days. I arranged it in next 20 days. Uploaded it as soon as I could do. My application was then approved after 2 days. Now waiting for ceremony invite from Cardinia Council. 

1 hour ago, Yameen said:

I went through a similar situation recently. After asking for a fresh police clearance certificate of a recent visit to my home country, I was allowed to take the test and then arrange the certificate in next 60 days. I arranged it in next 20 days. Uploaded it as soon as I could do. My application was then approved after 2 days. Now waiting for ceremony invite from Cardinia Council. 

Yes, I received the email from Australian Immigration office already. My country was stricter as they need to see an official letter.

I was only given 28 days to produce. Hopefully no delay from the postal.

On 19/08/2022 at 20:37, Steph S said:

VIC update

Application: 02/07/2021

Test invitation: 05/07/2022

Test: 06/07/2022

Approval: 06/07/2022

Ceremony invitation: 19/08/2022

Ceremony: 15/09/2022

All the best to everyone!

Which council?

On 19/08/2022 at 20:37, Steph S said:

VIC update

Application: 02/07/2021

Test invitation: 05/07/2022

Test: 06/07/2022

Approval: 06/07/2022

Ceremony invitation: 19/08/2022

Ceremony: 15/09/2022

All the best to everyone!

Hi steph, which cpuncil are you in?

4 hours ago, SSY said:

Yes, I received the email from Australian Immigration office already. My country was stricter as they need to see an official letter.

I was only given 28 days to produce. Hopefully no delay from the postal.

@SSY @Yameen Did you stay overseas for more than 30 days -90 days or it was just a stay of 30 days ? Can you please confirm

28 minutes ago, Steph S said:

Hi, I’m in Kingston Council VIC 🙂

Hi thanks for that. Many congrats for your ceremony 😊

just one more question did you receive the invite via email and message in immi account as well ?

or just email? Thanks 😊

Hello Everyone

Need your help please 

It is expected that i would be invited for Online ceremony to be held on 30th August at Hume Council

i am travelling overseas this weekend which means i would be outside Australia.

My Question is although i would be overseas but the ceremony is online so can i still attend?

Kindly please comment based on past experiences 

Thanks

1 hour ago, R-M said:

Hello Everyone

Need your help please 

It is expected that i would be invited for Online ceremony to be held on 30th August at Hume Council

My Question is although i would be overseas but the ceremony is online so can i still attend?

Thanks

What was ur approval date? Have u recieved invite or expecting it still? Hume councils has send invite for 6th sep n 13th sep. 

5 hours ago, AAAF said:

Hi thanks for that. Many congrats for your ceremony 😊

just one more question did you receive the invite via email and message in immi account as well ?

or just email? Thanks 😊

Thank you AAAF!

I received the email and a message in immi account simultaneously.

hope you will get the invitation very soon too! 🙂

4 hours ago, R-M said:

Hello Everyone

Need your help please 

Thanks

What was ur approval date? Have u recieved invite or expecting it still? Hume councils has send invite for 6th sep n 13th sep. 

8 hours ago, akie said:

@SSY @Yameen Did you stay overseas for more than 30 days -90 days or it was just a stay of 30 days ? Can you please confirm

It was a stay of 28 days. The officer told that because you spent these 28 days in a country where I already had lived more than 90 days after the grant of the PR Visa, so I shall have to produce a police certificate of all the periods stayed there till the application is approved. It can even be a single day.

9 hours ago, akie said:

It was explained that I had stayed 90 days and more after my initial entry to Australia (after the PR grant) and the date I settled in Australia.