You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi all,

Any help appreciated as I can't seem to find any info online!!

I've throughly read up about both the 491 and 494 visa so understand eligibility requirements etc but when are you able to apply for the 494 visa? I've tried lodging an EOI for the 494 but it's not on the list of visas - only the 491.

Im assuming maybe I don't need to lodge and EOI for this but equally can't find an option of how to apply! I can find loads of info from other threads on here for the 491 but that won't suit me as I believe you have to be state nominated and the occupations list for Western Aus is very small. 

Thanks in advance. 

Lauren 

3 hours ago, laurenbenefer@gmail.com said:

Hi all,

I've throughly read up about both the 491 and 494 visa so understand eligibility requirements etc but when are you able to apply for the 494 visa? I've tried lodging an EOI for the 494 but it's not on the list of visas - only the 491.

Im assuming maybe I don't need to lodge and EOI for this but equally can't find an option of how to apply! I can find loads of info from other threads on here for the 491 but that won't suit me as I believe you have to be state nominated and the occupations list for Western Aus is very small. 

Thanks in advance. 

Lauren 

Basically it's an employer sponsored visa so you'll need to find an employer in Oz to sponsor you, see the link for more info: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-employer-sponsored-regional-494

6 hours ago, laurenbenefer@gmail.com said:

Hi all,

You can't lodge an EOI for a 494 as it is an employer sponsored visa.

It is similar in scope to the 482 visa, except it is limited to certain locations.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Employer sponsored visas have a massive refusal rate. It is therefore vital that a good registered migration agent is used from the start

Hi Lauren, I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with this.

I'm currently trying to identify an agent that I could help me understand whether the 494 might work as a route to PR for me and my family.

Raul, have you had much experience of the new regional visas?

15 minutes ago, AlexJD said:

Hi Lauren, I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with this.

I'm currently trying to identify an agent that I could help me understand whether the 494 might work as a route to PR for me and my family.

Raul, have you had much experience of the new regional visas?

I'm working on a number at the moment, but as they are so new, I do not claim to have extensive experience (I don't think anyone does yet).

The 494 is not an easy solution as many prospective candidates seem to think. The process is quite extensive for the sponsor and the requirements are quite high for the visa applicant.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

3 hours ago, AlexJD said:

The first step is to find an employer willing to sponsor you.  Agents can't help you find an employer.   

The big problem with employer-sponsored visas, as Raul mentions, is that it's expensive and time-consuming for the employer.  For that reason, employers have to be desperate before they'll even consider it - if there's a halfway decent local applicant, they'll settle for that instead. 

Once you've found an employer, they will need to hire a migration agent to handle their side of the application (it's too complex for most employers to handle themselves, unless they are a large company with experience of the process).    If the employer is a smaller company and they say they don't want an agent - frankly, I wouldn't proceed, because they clearly have no idea what they're getting into. The application will likely fail because they'll make a mistake or won't fulfill all the requirements.

You can then choose whether to use their agent, hire your own agent, or do your side of the application yourself.  

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke