Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Natgoesrunning

Seven seas Movecube insurance

Recommended Posts

Our Movecube is coming next week, and just looking at Insurance. Not putting anything all that valuable in there, old TV's, computer, household goods and some appliances. Have people used Seven seas insurance or bought separately? Anyone had to claim on their insurance???

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't insured and our cube went last week. Generally we are your cautious but the 7 Seas insurance seemed like a right faff and if it takes off the shop we would never be able to replace much of it anyway. I'm not sure how I feel about it actually.

We had more space  than we needed.

873F0A5C-63B6-4769-8B52-F4774786E2B5.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow! You did too. Ours will be a bit fuller but I think it will be plenty of room. Thanks, still not sure about insurance?!?! Too many decisions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Natgoesrunning said:

Oh wow! You did too. Ours will be a bit fuller but I think it will be plenty of room. Thanks, still not sure about insurance?!?! Too many decisions!

That's what we thought! Too stressful by half!!! We certainly weren't expecting so much space left over as our mock up tesselation was much closer to the dimensions but guess DH must have had a misspent youth playing Tetris or something.  I don't think we would have got away with medium but we could have included the freezer and tumble dryer if we'd not decided to leave them behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used Letton Percival both for our main container and for sons move cube.  Not really a faff as you have to list contents anyway, and estimating values certainly makes you realise it is worth shipping!  I guess it is down to personal attitude to risk, what you are transporting and how good you are at packing!  Sons small cube was packed and we filled any gaps with towels and cushions so nothing would move in transit. Decided to insure though as he had a few musical instruments that added up to quite a lot if he were to replace them.

Incidentally we did have to claim on our container shipment as the handling company in Australia damaged a TV and broke some crystal candelabras. Letton Percival were great and it was all settled and paid out quickly.

Edited by rammygirl

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/12/2019 at 23:03, Quoll said:

We haven't insured and our cube went last week. Generally we are your cautious but the 7 Seas insurance seemed like a right faff and if it takes off the shop we would never be able to replace much of it anyway. I'm not sure how I feel about it actually.

We had more space  than we needed.

873F0A5C-63B6-4769-8B52-F4774786E2B5.jpeg

Hi, could I ask how much including charges did this container cost, it’s probably about the size we are looking to take. 


143 visa lodged 4.10.15

heading to the sunshine coast (caloundra)

extra documents requested 18/7/2019

aos submitted 25/7/2019

police checks completed  1/9/2019

form 80 completed 3/9/2019

medical taken 7/9/2019

aos submitted 2.12.19

aos accepted 8/1/2020

2nd vac request 23.1.2020

2nd vac paid 27.1.2020

visa granted 28.1.2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kimboslice said:

Hi, could I ask how much including charges did this container cost, it’s probably about the size we are looking to take. 

Cambridge to Canberra it was about £950 UK side then another $900 at the other end I think - ball park figures.  It was more than we needed but I dont think we could have gone down to a medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quoll said:

Cambridge to Canberra it was about £950 UK side then another $900 at the other end I think - ball park figures.  It was more than we needed but I dont think we could have gone down to a medium

Thanks very much, very kind to share the information.


143 visa lodged 4.10.15

heading to the sunshine coast (caloundra)

extra documents requested 18/7/2019

aos submitted 25/7/2019

police checks completed  1/9/2019

form 80 completed 3/9/2019

medical taken 7/9/2019

aos submitted 2.12.19

aos accepted 8/1/2020

2nd vac request 23.1.2020

2nd vac paid 27.1.2020

visa granted 28.1.2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a quote on line door to door from Seven Seas.


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone

When I start listing values against items, do I do it to what it would cost new or what it is worth now?

Also Quoll I take it is ok to itemise things like you have, I don't have to list every thing do I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hi Everyone

When I start listing values against items, do I do it to what it would cost new or what it is worth now?

Also Quoll I take it is ok to itemise things like you have, I don't have to list every thing do I?

I didn’t do the lists For the shippers inventory but IIRC DH listed pretty much as we listed on the boxes - but he listed several distinct categories on the boxes - like there was a fur coat in one and he listed that separately Because it could have been an issue for customs. We did try and Keep things in roughly the same categories.  When packing, he was a bit ocd and put labels on front and back of boxes and stuck coloured squares with numbers on front and back too - that’s been a boon to us finding the right boxes as we unload gradually this end. Also we put things that might have been of most interest to customs at the opening end, so more accessible.

Don’t know what he put for values - I know the things we had to declare specifically For customs it was current value. But we took a risk and didn’t insure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gather the MoveCubes cost about £1,000. Do you think 2 x MoveCubes would be a better option than a 20ft container? I've been informed by PSS that a 20 footer has a capacity of 1,050cuft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×