Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

10 minutes ago, Prhee22 said:

Hi

First post, thought i would share some of my dates for the 143 VISA as i've just received the queue letter today.

VISA 143 lodged – 24/5/19

IMMI Ackn of Valid Application – 22/6/19

Queue letter – 19/12/23 (Queue date assigned> 24 May 2019)

So what can I expect next?

Thanks

Not much - just settle in for a wait to be contacted for processing/grant  around October 2026 on Current quota 

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visa-processing-time-calculator/?visa_month=5&visa_year=2019&expect_annually=7000&dataset=2023-10-03#calculator

There could be changes once the govt make their announcement on potential changes  to parent visas, hopefully by the end of this year. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'd just like to know how I can update both my husband's and my passport details after renewal? I understand there's a form 929, but do we each need to fill a form or only the main applicant needs to? And if it's the former, do we send both our forms in one email? Thanks in advance for your time. 

I applied on 18 June 2018 so according to the rule I should receive a queue date because it's not the same as my application date which is after 1 June 2018. However, I haven't received anything so far. Lots of people applying after me have now received the queue date letter. Is there any way to contact them regarding this? It's frustrating that there's no channel to contact for valid questions

Hi everyone,

I have been reading through the comments and trying to wrap my head around this whole process. 

My mother in law is currently here on 173 and waiting on her 143. She had two sons my brother in law who has been a citizen for 6+years and my husband currently PR waiting on citizenship. 

We received notification of her queue date - 06 NOV 2018. 

Does anyone have an idea on what the timeline on on visa processing or grant would be from here? 

We have gone through sponsorship-PR-citizenship but this process for parent visa is a bit mind blowing/confusing.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by LaurenUK

36 minutes ago, LaurenUK said:

My mother in law is currently here on 173 and waiting on her 143. 

Does anyone have an idea on what the timeline on on visa processing or grant would be from here?

From the Go Matilda calculator:

Month  November 

Year  2018

Get Estimate

Visa application is estimated to be processed in: 55.6 months

Estimated processed around: September 2028

Edited by Marisawright

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2024 at 15:26, LaurenUK said:

Hi everyone,

I have been reading through the comments and trying to wrap my head around this whole process. 

My mother in law is currently here on 173 and waiting on her 143. She had two sons my brother in law who has been a citizen for 6+years and my husband currently PR waiting on citizenship. 

We have gone through sponsorship-PR-citizenship but this process for parent visa is a bit mind blowing/confusing.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Conversion 173>143 queue is in December 2023. 
I didn’t understand. If she is here on 173 why you mention queue date 2018? When 173 expires, she’ll have bridging visa, as she applied for 143 being here on 173, right?

Edited by TADec16

• 2 months later...

Hi my father and my brother arrived in Australia on subclass 173 on September 2023 then applied subclass 143 on November 2023. 

we received AOS request on May 2024. Now AOS has been lodged however sadly my father has passed away while their subclass 143 is about to complete with pending AOS approval. 

Can someone please assist me with the status of my brother visa status now. What would happen to my brother who is currently 22 years of age. 

I would appreciate if someone can please guide me.