870 parents temporary visa

On 19/09/2019 at 10:34, Suzyq said:

Visa granted this morning! Yay!

Hi Sue

Congratulations on your visa! and thanks for sharing the information.

I've applied end of June for Sponsorship 870 and I was asked for more info on the 14th of Aug (AFP certificate and receipt of my tax payment). Submitted everything in 2 weeks and still waiting (so about 12 weeks since I applied).

Could you please let me know what documents you attached for the second stage of visa 870? (except for IDs and police clearance)

and which insurance company and what type of insurance you picked?

I'm pregnant at the moment and I'd like to have my parents here with me before my due date 🙂

All the best,

Sara

8 hours ago, Sarishco said:

Hi Sue

Congratulations on your visa! and thanks for sharing the information.

I've applied end of June for Sponsorship 870 and I was asked for more info on the 14th of Aug (AFP certificate and receipt of my tax payment). Submitted everything in 2 weeks and still waiting (so about 12 weeks since I applied).

Could you please let me know what documents you attached for the second stage of visa 870? (except for IDs and police clearance)

and which insurance company and what type of insurance you picked?

I'm pregnant at the moment and I'd like to have my parents here with me before my due date 🙂

All the best,

Sara

Hi Sara, thank you!

I'd suggest calling the AOS line at this stage as you've not heard anything for a month since your last com from them. 

The only additional documents I was requested to provide during the process was evidence of my relationship with my son - I provide a copy of his birth certificate and then later on evidence of Health Insurance. I found a lot of the HI Companies didn't know what I was talking about when I requested it be condition 8501 compliant, but I think you'll find the larger ones do.  I went with BUPA in the end $150 a month for standard cover.  They immediately provide you with a letter of evidence (quoting compliance to 8501) so that you can upload to your IMMI application.  One day after their receipt of that I was granted my visa.

The number my son used to call the AOS agents when there was a delay was 1800571922.  Once he knew what they needed, he was able to provide the info and following receipt of that he was granted approval.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wish the best of luck in getting your mum n dad over in time for them to be of use to you!!

Cheers, Sue

14 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Hi Sara, thank you!

I'd suggest calling the AOS line at this stage as you've not heard anything for a month since your last com from them. 

The only additional documents I was requested to provide during the process was evidence of my relationship with my son - I provide a copy of his birth certificate and then later on evidence of Health Insurance. I found a lot of the HI Companies didn't know what I was talking about when I requested it be condition 8501 compliant, but I think you'll find the larger ones do.  I went with BUPA in the end $150 a month for standard cover.  They immediately provide you with a letter of evidence (quoting compliance to 8501) so that you can upload to your IMMI application.  One day after their receipt of that I was granted my visa.

The number my son used to call the AOS agents when there was a delay was 1800571922.  Once he knew what they needed, he was able to provide the info and following receipt of that he was granted approval.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wish the best of luck in getting your mum n dad over in time for them to be of use to you!!

Cheers, Sue

Hi Sue.

There is no AoS with subclass 870 visa applications.

Best regards.

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi Sue.

There is no AoS with subclass 870 visa applications.

Best regards.

Hi Alan, have I used the wrong terminology? Sponsorship maybe? I really thought it was one and the same thing! I know we're all dabbling in the art and you're a master 😎  Happy to be corrected 😜

Changing the subject, I'm pretty sure I will be in touch at some point over Aus vs UK tax rules/laws re pensions. Discussed some time ago.

Cheers, Sue

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Hi Sara, thank you!

Cheers, Sue

Thank you very much Sue. You've been very helpful.

I called the 131881 last week to check out the status of my application which the agent said they have received all the documents and the officer just needs more time!

Cheers,

Sara

1 hour ago, Sarishco said:

I've received the sponsorship approval letter yesterday after 13 weeks. 🙂

Does anyone know if FORM 80 is required for the parent visa?

Cheers,

Sara 

Good news Sara! And yes form 80 is required for the 143. Congrats on getting this far!

cheers, Sue 

1 hour ago, Suzyq said:

Good news Sara! And yes form 80 is required for the 143. Congrats on getting this far!

cheers, Sue 

I applied second time for sponsorship, I proved 2019 tax documents, does anyone know that's right? Last time I proved 2018 tax little bit low, so refused, this time proved 2019 tax it's right or wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Jas Z said:

I applied second time for sponsorship, I proved 2019 tax documents, does anyone know that's right? Last time I proved 2018 tax little bit low, so refused, this time proved 2019 tax it's right or wrong? 

How can anyone answer this question when we haven't seen your tax documents?

Respectfully, you should instruct a registered migration agent if you want more comfort.

Best regards.

10 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

How can anyone answer this question when we haven't seen your tax documents?

Respectfully, you should instruct a registered migration agent if you want more comfort.

Best regards.

I just asked that 2019 tax it's right or have to prove 2018 tax? You are the agent? Here looks agent business! 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:03, TinaD said:

Please can I ask - does anyone know if a 870 visa has been applied for, but not yet processed/approved, can a Visitor visa still be obtained to allow a visit to Australia while awaiting the outcome of the 870? My concern is the definition of a 'genuine visitor' for the Visitor visa, as obviously there is the intent to stay longer as per the 870 visa, if approved. Thanks for your help.

17 hours ago, Kazza2019 said:

Hi @Sarishco, have you mentioned your application ID when you call 131881? I've tried to call and asked for the 870 visa progress too, but they only told me wait and have not asked any of my visa application details.

Regards 

Hi Kazza2019

Yes I did. However he was not willing to open my file first. But he accepted to do so when I explained my situation and asked him to check out if they have received the information that the officer required. Actually agents on the phone couldn't be very helpful as they have a very limited access to files. 

All the best

Hi,

I got sponsorship approval a month ago and now i am in the process of applying visa for my parents.

I have a question related to the online application.

It seems that I can only put one parent in one application? Is that correct or am i missing something? I can't find a way to put the name of both my mum and dad both in one application.

Please help.

Regards

9 hours ago, Kaybee said:

Hi,

I got sponsorship approval a month ago and now i am in the process of applying visa for my parents.

I have a question related to the online application.

It seems that I can only put one parent in one application? Is that correct or am i missing something? I can't find a way to put the name of both my mum and dad both in one application.

Please help.

Regards

You must submit separate applications for each parent.

Best regards.

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

You must submit separate applications for each parent.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan, really appreciate your help. 

Can they still submit both applications using one immi account? Or both of them need separate immi accounts as well. Sorry if it’s too much detail to ask on forums.