Citizenship by Descent - travel info.

laf

Could anyone advise on the citizenship by descent form filling that requires all travel details from the age of 18.  This means my daughter would need to list 14 years' worth of trips and as she works for an airline it would involve hundreds of flights, many of which are not even recorded in her passport.  

Just do your best. And concentrate on the last 10 years. 

She may need to add a statement explaining her job and travel. They are looking to see if she stayed more than a year in total in any country or if she travelled to high risk countries. I’m sure she isn’t the only airline employee to have applied. 

As a frequent traveller pushing 60 it was impossible for me to remember everything too. Anything with a passport stamp should be recorded and I just guessed some others.

I definitely don't think it's worth using an agent for citizenship by descent.  There's nothing complicated about the application just some strange idiosyncrasies such as Australia being missing from the list of "countries visited"!  I can't see any reason for this other than that they presumably have access to these records. I would have thought they would state that there's no need to list any Australian trips if that's the case.

4 hours ago, laf said:

I definitely don't think it's worth using an agent for citizenship by descent.  There's nothing complicated about the application just some strange idiosyncrasies such as Australia being missing from the list of "countries visited"!  I can't see any reason for this other than that they presumably have access to these records. I would have thought they would state that there's no need to list any Australian trips if that's the case.

Isn't there a question specific to having visited Australia and to add the visa number?

52 minutes ago, ali said:

Isn't there a question specific to having visited Australia and to add the visa number?

I haven't seen this but maybe it's further on in the form.  She can't progress to check until she's completed each page.  If so it would only show the most recent tourist visa.

Could anyone advise on the citizenship by descent form filling that requires all travel details from the age of 18.  This means my daughter would need to list 14 years' worth of trips and as she works for an airline it would involve hundreds of flights, many of which are not even recorded in her passport.  

Depending on which country/countries your daughter was based in, you can make personal information requests regarding immigration records. Eg. Australia and the U.K. both provide them (Form 1359 and via https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration#types-of-request respectively)
I just recently discovered this and it would have come in very handy....[emoji2360]
  • Like 2