AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

2 minutes ago, Jesh84 said:

Anyone received test invite in the last few days? seems like all the application process is on hold.

I received my invite late last week. It’s for tomorrow. Fingers crossed(praying hard, actually) it goes ahead. Will let everyone know once it’s done. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dreaming_when said:

I received my invite late last week. It’s for tomorrow. Fingers crossed(praying hard, actually) it goes ahead. Will let everyone know once it’s done. 

When did you received the invite in the last week?

20 hours ago, dsdrussell said:

Happy to say I’m now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony went ahead today, albeit with Social Distancing and no photographer or friends/families allowed. No reception afterwards either.

A strange day, but understandable given the current environment. Happy to finally become an Aussie! It’s been a rocky road at times, but I finally made it!

Good luck everyone on your journeys!

Over and out! Dean

Congratulations. 

Its strange that they have cancelled some of them but executed some. May I know how many of them were there in the ceremony?

• Congratulations 1

Heres my timeline, not expecting ceremony for a while!

Arrived 06.09.2015 (457)

PR (186DE) approved 02.02.2018

Applied Citizenship  06.09.2019

Invitation                    04.03.2020

Test Date                   08.03.2020 (rescheduled from May)

Approval                    08.03.2020

Ceremony                  TBA

Northern Beaches Council, NSW

Edited by Boznich

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure HomeAffairs have now stopped new invitations for interview/tests. 

I have been looking everyday to reschedule down to a closer date.  There have been zero appointments available for the last 2 days, which has never been the case before.

My Timeline:

Arrived:                        01:03:2012

PR (186DE) approved 16.07.2015

Applied Citizenship  08.12.2019

Invitation                    20.01.2020

Test Date                   27.03.2020 (rescheduled from April 20th)

Approval                  TBC

Ceremony                  TBC

Stirling, Perth

Edited by MarkyMarc

Bad News

Hi guys,

Just did my citizenship test and passed. But the officer (who had the sniffles🤧) said that there would be a letter coming out soon to say that they were suspending ALL citizenship tests and ceremonies for the next 6 months and that it would be reviewed after that depending on the situation. She did say that urgent ceremony requests might be entertained on a case by case basis. 

Sigh...

1 minute ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi little Dumpling 

My ceremony was also canceled which was scheduled for 17 March . I Guess they did it for everyone safety and well-being. I know it get frustrating sometimes because we all Waited this far but as I said it’s for everyone safety . Tc 🙂

efactory.. even if we have Aussie passport we can’t go anywhere.. but I’m planning moving interstate this year and if by then I couldn’t get to ceremony, I will start over the queue in new council and it must take very long due to the backlog.. now I feel all of my plan is messed up.. 

1 minute ago, Dreaming_when said:

I doubt that processing will be affected, unless there is a lockdown and people can’t get to work. 

Im still waiting for approval 

test was on 4 march 2020  at Parrammatta 

passed 100%

still waiting for approval ?

dont know what’s happening some people getting approval on same day

16 minutes ago, Namish said:

Im still waiting for approval 

test was on 4 march 2020  at Parrammatta 

passed 100%

still waiting for approval ?

dont know what’s happening some people getting approval on same day

The officer mentioned that approval can take 4-6 weeks as they wait to finalise checks. Maybe that’s why...

On 17/03/2020 at 18:55, Maryan said:

Congratulations. 

Its strange that they have cancelled some of them but executed some. May I know how many of them were there in the ceremony?

Thanks.   Think it came down to the individual councils to decide whether to go ahead.   There were 165 new citizens in mine.    With the new rules of no more than 100, suspect most will be postponed now.

Edited by dsdrussell

18 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

The officer mentioned that approval can take 4-6 weeks as they wait to finalise checks. Maybe that’s why...

Would think it was unlikely, given that a large number of people have been approved the same afternoon. Some are even approved within an hour after they leaving the test centre.  I doubt even the quickest checks can be done by then.  Could be wrong though.

Edited by MarkyMarc

about 10 hours ago · #361

Applied citizenship- 12/June/2019 Test invitation-16/February/2020 Test date & interview-18/March/2020

my wife application approved 18/march/2020 same day. But mine with my kid status still received.
I will see how long it takes to mine.