AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

5 minutes ago, Subin1123 said:

I hold 187 visa 

If I am not wrong you applied your citizenship after one year of your PR on 187 visa.  They just want to know that are you still with your employer and complying visa condition or May be they want to know you at least spent one year with your employer but it’s just my guess. I am not sure about it. Still it’s weird request. Thanks 

26 minutes ago, Subin1123 said:

I hold 187 visa 

You need Very be careful from now if you work with your employer and stay in regional area then you fine otherwise it will be a problem.text me private message I will tell you whole story happened to my two friend 

16 hours ago, Subin1123 said:

I got a request from Immi yesterday .

They asked me submit my last tax return 

Does everyone have a same request ?

This looks strange.... Did they ask you to provide this before or after your appointment/test?

21 hours ago, KazBaker said:

You can download Australian citizenship test on app store easily. There is heaps of app available that covers all the questions. And real citizenship test question is pretty standard and easy. I got 💯 % correct after practicing those quiz and questions in app.

good luck !

Thanks alot KazBaker,

yeah I am doing those quiz as well, but was wondering if there are anything else to look at.... thats why thought of asking the Newly Oz Citizens who has done the test recently.

23 hours ago, Hesh said:

I contacted the immigration and explained my situation. My country is going on 2nd wave of covid 19. They said bring all other docs and case will notify if they required anything later.

Did you call them or email them?

I did call them a couple of days ago and the lady who spoke to me told me that if I don't have the original document I won't be able to sit the test - I decided to call them again yesterday and another guy told me he is unsure if they will be ok with that and recommended me to email the regional citizenship department but I am still waiting for their reply.

5 hours ago, naviozz said:

If I am not wrong you applied your citizenship after one year of your PR on 187 visa.  They just want to know that are you still with your employer and complying visa condition or May be they want to know you at least spent one year with your employer but it’s just my guess. I am not sure about it. Still it’s weird request. Thanks 

Yeah, I think so

5 hours ago, kkumar said:

You need Very be careful from now if you work with your employer and stay in regional area then you fine otherwise it will be a problem.text me private message I will tell you whole story happened to my two friend 

I’m fine. At the moment, I have still worked with my employer.

On 02/09/2020 at 21:12, Khan12 said:

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 09/08/2020

Invitation: 27/10/2020

Test Date: 03/12/2020

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Hi Guys 

Update for you all 

Immi request for more information 14/10/20

Submitted all requested documents 20/10/2020

Received Citizenship Appointment letter 

27/10/20

Appointment for interview & Test

03/12/2020 

Might reschedule test earlier as there are plenty of appointments available in November.

Edited by Khan12

4 hours ago, Khan12 said:

Hi Guys 

Update for you all 

Immi request for more information 14/10/20

Submitted all requested documents 20/10/2020

Received Citizenship Appointment letter 

27/10/20

Appointment for interview & Test

03/12/2020 

Might reschedule test earlier as there are plenty of appointments available in November.

Where are you located? 

Hi All,

FYI, I have conducted the interview yesterday! 🙂

This was very simple, I did this at the Centrelink office in my town me and my wife, the whole process took me 10 minutes and I walked away.

I've assumed too many questions with lots of paperwork to review, based on the email received your interview could take up to 2 hours.

The employee just reviewed my driver's license, DOB, didn't ask for any paperwork, took a photo, all that in the first 5 minutes, then the test exam finished in 5 minutes & got 100% results.

She mentioned that I should wait for an official letter from the DOHA with the official outcome, she reckons that the ceremony will be on the coming Australia day.

I could be one of the final persons with a long waiting queue for citizenship in this thread, I'll keep you all posted with future updates regarding the ceremony.

• Congratulations 1

Hi All, I’ve been a follower of this group since September. Here to share the happy news.

9.25am appointment, verified my details with the counter officer (Passport, Driving Licence, Birth Certificate). Spent around 10mins at the counter.

Then proceeded to the computer where the test is held. 

Allocated PC for me n started the exam at 9.38am and finished at 9.41am....

lol I couldn’t believe it, passed with colours 100%

I knew I’ll pass it, but not within 3mins. 

Now the waiting game for the Ceremony, but I’m not in a hurry.

Timeline 👇

Arrived in AUS :- August 2015

PR Granted :- July 2019

Citizenship Application :- beginning of July 2020 (Myself n Partner)

Acknowledgment :- Received same day within an hour

DOHA letter received :- 22nd October 2020

Exam Date :- 3rd November 2020

State :- Adelaide, South Australia

• Congratulations 1

16 hours ago, MNT said:

Hi All, I’ve been a follower of this group since September. Here to share the happy news.

9.25am appointment, verified my details with the counter officer (Passport, Driving Licence, Birth Certificate). Spent around 10mins at the counter.

Then proceeded to the computer where the test is held. 

Allocated PC for me n started the exam at 9.38am and finished at 9.41am....

lol I couldn’t believe it, passed with colours 100%

I knew I’ll pass it, but not within 3mins. 

Now the waiting game for the Ceremony, but I’m not in a hurry.

Timeline 👇

Arrived in AUS :- August 2015

PR Granted :- July 2019

Citizenship Application :- beginning of July 2020 (Myself n Partner)

Acknowledgment :- Received same day within an hour

DOHA letter received :- 22nd October 2020

Exam Date :- 3rd November 2020

State :- Adelaide, South Australia

UPDATE:- Both our applications got approved in 2hrs time.

I did test yesterday in Darwin and my Immi changed straight to "approved". Hope wont have to wait for ceremony another year.

Almost over 🙂 

Citizenship App: 8 November 2019
Test Invitation: initial 20 March 20, on 26 March rescheduled on 6 August and then cancelled at the end of July-all due to Covid19. Another invitation 16 October 2020
Test Date: 5 November
Approval: 5 November
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Darwin (NT)

• Congratulations 1

Our citizenship journey finally came to a sweet end. Just finished my online virtual ceremony (with my son). So, happy to get the opportunity to attend the virtual ceremony and become the citizens. It was a long journey. I wish the best for all of you. Just hang in there and you'll reach the destination.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

Hi Kris9,

Congratulations, that's awesome news! A relatively short wait in the end :)

When did you receive the invitation to the online ceremony? And was it in an email? As you may remember, I applied (and did the cit. test) only shortly after you, so you have got my hopes up! 

All the best,

Greg (Brisbane City Council)

On 09/11/2020 at 10:40, flatwhite101 said:

Really wish we can get an update soon. 10 days with 0 covid cases and travel restrictions now lifted, so there is nothing stopping testing being conducted in a covid safe way. 

I'm in the same boat, should have had mine originally on 9th April,  I just want to get this done now.  Hopefully now restrictions are relaxed they might start them again in the Melbourne CDB.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2020 at 15:03, Wannabepilot said:

Hi Kris9,

Congratulations, that's awesome news! A relatively short wait in the end 🙂

When did you receive the invitation to the online ceremony? And was it in an email? As you may remember, I applied (and did the cit. test) only shortly after you, so you have got my hopes up! 

All the best,

Greg (Brisbane City Council)

Hi Greg,

I received the invitation on 2nd Nov for the Ceremony on 6th Nov. Yes, it was through an email. I also know of about 4 or 5 other guys who had their VC on 6th all from the Brisbane council. Hope you receive it too. All the very best.

Kris

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 10:40, flatwhite101 said:

Really wish we can get an update soon. 10 days with 0 covid cases and travel restrictions now lifted, so there is nothing stopping testing being conducted in a covid safe way. 

Just seen that licence test appointments are reopening https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/licence-test-appointments-reopen-melbourne

Hopefully, citizenship tests next for those of us waiting in Victoria.

3 hours ago, flatwhite101 said:

Just seen that licence test appointments are reopening https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/licence-test-appointments-reopen-melbourne

Hopefully, citizenship tests next for those of us waiting in Victoria.

I found this information from the gov website.

In-person citizenship appointments continue to be on hold in regional Victoria. This will not impact your citizenship application. Some ceremonies are now being held online. See COVID-19 and the border, Citizenship.