AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

4 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Did anyone get a congratulations letter from the local MP after their citizenship test was completed and application approved? I did and initially I was hoping that would contain the ceremony date but it was just a congrats letter from the local MP 

me but not from local MP. it is from Minister of citizenship

Edited by KazBaker
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

me but not from local MP. it is from Minister of citizenship

Oh ok. I might have mistaken then. I thought I got from my local MP. It had the Aus coat of arms in the letter as well. Might have been from the ministry like you said. 

So this letter is separate to the one to be expected for ceremony?

19 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Oh ok. I might have mistaken then. I thought I got from my local MP. It had the Aus coat of arms in the letter as well. Might have been from the ministry like you said. 

So this letter is separate to the one to be expected for ceremony?

Hi, yes everyone gets that letter a few days after the application is approved. It doesn't really have any important information on it... other than saying that we are not citizens until we attend the ceremony.

The invitation for a ceremony will come by post or/and email around 4 weeks before the ceremony.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LAG said:

Hi, yes everyone gets that letter a few days after the application is approved. It doesn't really have any important information on it... other than saying that we are not citizens until we attend the ceremony.

The invitation for a ceremony will come by post or/and email around 4 weeks before the ceremony.

Ah ok thanks. So if the ceremony invite comes in as an email as well, the same is seen in the Messages tab in the ImmiAccount? 

33 minutes ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Ah ok thanks. So if the ceremony invite comes in as an email as well, the same is seen in the Messages tab in the ImmiAccount? 

No, I just checked my account to be absolutely sure. The only messages I have are the acknowledgement of app received and then the invitation for the test.

For the ceremony I got an email sent from citizenship.ceremony.events@homeaffairs.gov.au and also got a letter sent by post. I have heard of people who only get the invitation sent by post and no emails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAG said:

I have heard of people who only get the invitation sent by post and no emails.

It's likely they got the email but was just sent to spam or something (maybe)? 

- I'd assume they'd email each candidate (the post is in case the email fails maybe).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's likely they got the email but was just sent to spam or something (maybe)? 

- I'd assume they'd email each candidate (the post is in case the email fails maybe).

From what i've heard across several forums, it seems to differ council to council. Could be email, could be post, could be both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevie129 said:

Just completed the test. 100% pass 😊 Can’t believe how quick the whole process was. Only took like 20 mins for the whole thing.

Hoping the ceremony won’t take long 

Good luck to anyone else still waiting to do theirs.

Congratulations on passing the test! Hope citizenship ceremony won't be a long wait for you!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevie129 said:

Just completed the test. 100% pass 😊 Can’t believe how quick the whole process was. Only took like 20 mins for the whole thing.

Hoping the ceremony won’t take long 

Good luck to anyone else still waiting to do theirs.

Firstly, congratulations on passing the test. Hope the approval doesn't take long either.

When you were invited for the test, did you receive a message on your immi account? And which modes were you contacted from(like sms, email, letter, immi account message/status etc.)? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LAG said:

No, I just checked my account to be absolutely sure. The only messages I have are the acknowledgement of app received and then the invitation for the test.

For the ceremony I got an email sent from citizenship.ceremony.events@homeaffairs.gov.au and also got a letter sent by post. I have heard of people who only get the invitation sent by post and no emails.

On 15/01/2020 at 16:19, Ausa0000 said:

I only received an email. There was no status change and no message added in Immi account. Test email came from a strange email address but subject title read "correspondence email for test appointment". Be sure to check your email spam folder just in case.

Thanks LAG and Ausa0000 for your replies.

Somehow, the 2 posts above from each of you is contradictory. One says there is no message when invited for test, just email. The other says he received a message for invitation for the test. I'm just curious. Please check and confirm. Or is it different for different applicants?

My question is simple - Do you receive a message on immi account when invited for the test?

Edited by Indianinoz
Adding a line

On 13/12/2019 at 13:21, naviozz said:

Hey thanks indianinoz. Yeah waiting for test mail. Check my account 2 times a day. Mates on this forum are getting email in one months , in couple of months. My council is whitsunday but unfortunately by mistake I choose my test location/ interview Townsville. I don’t want to change it now . I thought Townsville comes under the whitsunday council when I were applying. Later I found Townsville has its own council which is far bigger than whitsunday. So I think it will take enough time now. Anyway good to hear from you as you are from the same area but different council. Best of luck . Thanks 

Hi Naviozz and others from North Queensland region,

Just wanting to check if there is any update on your applications. Did you receive the test email?

1 hour ago, Indianinoz said:

Somehow, the 2 posts above from each of you is contradictory. One says there is no message when invited for test, just email. The other says he received a message for invitation for the test. I'm just curious. Please check and confirm. Or is it different for different applicants?

My question is simple - Do you receive a message on immi account when invited for the test?

I can only speak for my own personal application and can say I definitely did NOT receive a message in immi account. To date the only message still listed in account is the original acknowledgement of application received message. The only thing that may make a difference is that my test was scheduled at a DHS office and not a DOHA office.Maybe applicants taking their test at a DOHA office receive messages directly in their accounts.

Then again there seems to be different ways of processing for different people. I have noticed a strong lack of consistency in the while process and have given up trying to compare my application timeline and process against others. You even get inconsistent information directly from the department depending on which DOHA employee you talk to on the helpline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Firstly, congratulations on passing the test. Hope the approval doesn't take long either.

When you were invited for the test, did you receive a message on your immi account? And which modes were you contacted from(like sms, email, letter, immi account message/status etc.)? 

Thanks Indianinoz

Yes I received an email notification in my immi account but I also received an email (for my test invite) It was this email that made me check my immi account.

I received a couple of texts messages a few days before my test to remind me that it was close. Received another text yesterday (day before test) as a final reminder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bear in mind Indianinoz that a system is only as good as the information that has been put in to it. Each case officer will have their own ways of doing things. What one C/O does may be different from the next one. It was the same for my PR visa process- members on the PR visa thread on this site were reporting different things for the same visa. For me that was the skilled independent 189 visa

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi, I also can only speak for my own experience. I received an email with a test appointment and a copy of this email is available on the messages section of my application.  I think Ausa0000 is making a very good observation here regarding the location of the test. I went to the DOHA office in Melbourne CBD.

Looks like there is no straight answer to this question... just like everything else related to visas and now citizenship applications.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

People might just not check Immi Account, so they wouldn't know. When you get an email directly giving you the instructions and the appointment time, there's little need for most to go and check Immi Account. In fact, after submitting an application there's really little need to check it at all if you think about it.

Here you go:

1. Yes, copies of email correspondence appear in Immi Account under Messages. I have several appointment letters as it generates a new one each time you reschedule.

image.thumb.png.01815cb5568ef1a68333361129b09568.png

2. There is a Citizenship appointments tab which then gets populated with your appointment time.

image.thumb.png.a4339344eeb77801ffc91dc75fd40a23.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dr-StrangeLove said:

Did anyone get a congratulations letter from the local MP after their citizenship test was completed and application approved? I did and initially I was hoping that would contain the ceremony date but it was just a congrats letter from the local MP 

Got a letter from the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs, David Coleman, but not local MP no.

35 minutes ago, millski88 said:

People might just not check Immi Account, so they wouldn't know. When you get an email directly giving you the instructions and the appointment time, there's little need for most to go and check Immi Account. In fact, after submitting an application there's really little need to check it at all if you think about it.

Here you go:

1. Yes, copies of email correspondence appear in Immi Account under Messages. I have several appointment letters as it generates a new one each time you reschedule.

image.thumb.png.01815cb5568ef1a68333361129b09568.png

2. There is a Citizenship appointments tab which then gets populated with your appointment time.

image.thumb.png.a4339344eeb77801ffc91dc75fd40a23.png

Crazy, I don't have that Citizenship Appointments tab in my account. It must have something to do with my test being scheduled at a DHS office. I also was not able to view or reschedule my appointment on their website using the client ID and family name.

1 hour ago, LAG said:

Hi, I also can only speak for my own experience. I received an email with a test appointment and a copy of this email is available on the messages section of my application.  I think Ausa0000 is making a very good observation here regarding the location of the test. I went to the DOHA office in Melbourne CBD.

Looks like there is no straight answer to this question... just like everything else related to visas and now citizenship applications.

Good point. I did mine at the DOHA in Perth CBD

4 hours ago, Ausa0000 said:

Crazy, I don't have that Citizenship Appointments tab in my account. It must have something to do with my test being scheduled at a DHS office. I also was not able to view or reschedule my appointment on their website using the client ID and family name.

Hi, what is your timeline? pls don't ask me, i will be applying next month. 

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions about the citizenship application:

1. In the section where it asks for any other ID documents should we put each and every ID document we have under the category called 'other' ? such as:

- Social security number
      - Photo ID card issued in NSW
      - 4 licences - of which 1 is current and 3 are previous
      - PAN number (Tax account number)
      - Previous Passport

and any other ID ? 

2. Also is there any advantage to adding multiple ID cards ? 

Edited by Sigemup