AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

We are waiting for around 17 months since test and soon 20 months since application and the status is still received.

It's hard to say how much time will it take, there are few getting approval next day after the test and then there are people like us. So far the Brisbane team was the worst in terms of processing applications.

Edited by NaiKoN

9 minutes ago, mariaoz13 said:

Really? Where was your interview? I had it in Sydney CBD

Did you ask/complaint?

There were no security checks and no concerns. Interview was in Brisbane, basically simple, checked documents and that's it.

Complaints? Where? As far as I understand there is no legal procedure to influence processing time. 

Immigration says that the processing times are basically indicative and the only thing we can do is wait. Some people go through mp's and trying to write to minister etc., I will wait a bit more.

2 minutes ago, NaiKoN said:

There were no security checks and no concerns. Interview was in Brisbane, basically simple, checked documents and that's it.

Complaints? Where? As far as I understand there is no legal procedure to influence processing time. 

Immigration says that the processing times are basically indicative and the only thing we can do is wait. Some people go through mp's and trying to write to minister etc., I will wait a bit more.

Patience then!! Fingers crossed you get it soon!

• Thanks 1

On 05/11/2018 at 08:14, Oziee said:

Hello all,
I moved from one place to another place in same state and already have changed my address into immi account. And now my new place comes under different council.
So what I have do to change my council also, should I call council or immigration to change the council ?
Please give me a suggestion. Thanks

Did you get your approval?

28 minutes ago, ggavy said:

Hi,

Applied: Jan 4th 2018

Email received for interview/test invite: Nov 7th 2018

Test/Interview Date: Dec 6th 2018

(I should add that I had nominated Parramatta as my local immigration office on my initial application)

3 hours ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

You can book it to an earlier date. You change the appointment online. There should be a link on your test date letter.
Keep checking as earlier dates become available when people cancel at the last minute.

Nice! Though I just checked and everything is booked up for the next month or two. Not to worry, Dec 6th is good for me.

Applied: 19 Jul 2018
Test: ?
Approval? 

So today, 8 Nov 2018, I was contacted by a citizenship agent for more information as I am applying for exemptions under the 'Special Residence Requirement'. Not sure whether this will stretch things out even longer or not. 

12 hours ago, coolmotu said:

Finally, the journey is over. Ceremony done tonight in Blacktown NSW.

All the best who are still waiting, you will get there.

Took 11 Months in total. 

Congrats @coolmotu! what a big relief to finally be over it.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I noticed there are January applicants getting their test invite 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Got my invitation for a test interview and citizenship test today. It is 51 weeks since I submitted my citizenship application. Am in Brisbane and the test will be just under two weeks from today. To pass the time over the last year I taught myself to write lefthanded .... timeline and details below if this assists anyone else. Thx.

application: citizenship by conferral | type: online | applicant/s: 1 | city: brisbane | submitted: 19NOV2017 | acknowledged: 19NOV2017 | status: received | further info required: no | test email: 10NOV2018 | test date: 23NOV2018 | test approval: pending | ceremony: pending

On 29/10/2018 at 12:01, Bassam_OZ said:

Hi respected members, 

Sharing my timeline here. 

Applied: 26 Jan 2018

Acknowledgement Received: 26 Jan 2018

Application: Online

Test Date: 26th Oct 2018 (Exact 9 Months wait)

Test passed. Waiting for official approval letter now. 

Best of luck to everyone waiting. 

-Regards

-B

Even my husband's  approval is pending,

applied on 26th oct 2017,

Appeared for test on 16th aug 2018

Approval is pending

Applied 4 Feb 2018 received test invite for 25 Jan. They are asking citizenship I do have but not in English do you guys know if the passport will work and they ask for first arrival I have lost my first passport so I don't have one. Will it be a problem? 

Thanks guys