AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

14 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

Hey Ana,

I'm also Melbournian. Applied: 16 Apr 2017 and passed 22 Jun 2017 then still waiting~~

Hi Elliot  and Hello Ana
I'm also in a same boat 
Applied 28 March 2017
Test Given 15 Aug 2017 and that is it......now waiting, waiting and just waiting since.
From QUEENSLAND.

12 hours ago, Ana hassan said:

Yes everything was completly submiitted.. I didnt hear anything from Department. It has been almost 17 months.. i called DOBP last week, a lady said we cant say anything so keep Waiting.. Same reply i got every time..

Hi Ana,

I am not an expert on this. But if I ever get that much delay then I would have submitted an FOI. 

(1) Fill form 424a.pdf (I am not sure which form please google it)

(2) Send an email to foi.nsw@border.gov.au if you are in NSW, QLD, ACT, TAS, NT
or foi.vic@border.gov.au if you are in VIC, WA or SA.

(3) Quote your citizenship application TRN and ask for "ICSE Case notes" related to this application "under the freedom of information act". You will get that in few days. the ICSE notes will reveal progress on the application and will tell you is it waiting for any checks like "all clear" "nil concerns" "decision ready" , etc.

(4) After receiving the information and FOI is not showing any delays , then send feedback through global feedback section and write down the evidence, dates, mention the notes from FOI information and mention the judgement by Justice Bromberg

Keep the content of the email polite and focused

Edited by ArsalanAhmad

my son born 26 may 2018
birth certificate received in a week
applied evidence of citizenship  -04/06/2018 no any in formation still application shows received   it's been 3 month so far no news when i did applied 44 days maximum this month  66 day maximum processing time  . but my son application more than 84 days so far  . i did call on 13881 always same answer wait wait wait wait 
please  suggest me what should i do 

Edited by kkumar

On 23/08/2018 at 17:42, ArsalanAhmad said:

I think we may get some delay in approval of applications, as the citizenship certificate has the name of the current minister (Human Affairs) and his signature. Currently, I think there is no acting Human Affairs minister. So the application will be halted again. Am I right?

I have my ceremony in late September and received my letter from the Department of Home Affairs to confirm. I have just received an email from my local council to ask me to confirm my attendance at the ceremony and they have said:

"Please note that due to the recent Parliamentary Minister changes that you may not receive your certificate on the day of the ceremony and that the Department of Home Affairs will mail your certificate to you. You become a citizen when you make the Pledge of Commitment"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hjq83 said:

I have my ceremony in late September and received my letter from the Department of Home Affairs to confirm. I have just received an email from my local council to ask me to confirm my attendance at the ceremony and they have said:

"Please note that due to the recent Parliamentary Minister changes that you may not receive your certificate on the day of the ceremony and that the Department of Home Affairs will mail your certificate to you. You become a citizen when you make the Pledge of Commitment"

Our ceremony is this evening. I hope we get our certificate as we need it to apply for passports as we have a holiday overseas planned in October. My guess is our certificates had been signed and sent out before the change. I will let you know. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what has happened to the dates in the spreadsheet?

Some are showing date lodged as 2018 but ceremony in 2017 ?.

My own dates were also changed so i had to change them back to their original dates.

Just be mindful when looking at the spreadsheet the info may not be 100% accurate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rLZKwjhbfXLeqWyX3mqxU3p4SOfFedG7WanXQSwyrfA/edit#gid=1621018804

36 minutes ago, hjq83 said:

thank you for the information. Congratulations

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:54, ahad12 said:

I have appeard for the exam last week, waiting for the approval. The caseofficer  took only few documents, medicare, s.s.c certificate, rental contract and old and new passport, drivers lisence and marriage certificate. I applied through agent and he school leaving certificate is enough for birth proof.

@ahad12good to know you are done with your exams now. Approval is next ?

Hi All,

Date applied: 09/03/2018

City/Council area: Brisbane City Council 

Online / Paper:  Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 09/03/2018

Date of the Citizenship Test:  TBC 

Approval online:  TBC

Date of ceremony:  TBC

I think I may be waiting a while with Brisbane City Council looking at other peoples timelines! 

Had our ceremony tonight. No certificates available as need to be signed by new minister who hasn’t been sworn in yet. Apparently they will be posted out to us. 

The council rep said we should e mail her tomorrow as we need to apply for passports for travel soon. She did say she could try to get our certificates or at least the numbers to us ASAP. 

15 hours ago, ahad12 said:

@Zet01 i already have received approval letter dated same as on interview . Now just waiting for my husband's approval letter.

Wow, that was quick. Mine was 2 days after the test and hubby got his 20 days after. Hope your husband gets his approval soon. ?

11 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Had our ceremony tonight. No certificates available as need to be signed by new minister who hasn’t been sworn in yet. Apparently they will be posted out to us. 

The council rep said we should e mail her tomorrow as we need to apply for passports for travel soon. She did say she could try to get our certificates or at least the numbers to us ASAP. 

Haha! Only in Australia. What a joke

On 20/08/2018 at 10:40, rockinteddy89 said:

Hi @Simonrbh, thank you! Here's my final timeline. ? Here's hoping yours will be as quick as mine. ? Waiting can be quite frustrating. After I got my approval, I became impatient. ? But y'all get there. Trust me there's no special treatment or whatsoever. ?? 

@rockinteddy89 What's the date of your ceremony in September if you don't mind me asking?

On 20/08/2018 at 10:40, rockinteddy89 said:

Hi @Simonrbh, thank you! Here's my final timeline. ? Here's hoping yours will be as quick as mine. ? Waiting can be quite frustrating. After I got my approval, I became impatient. ? But y'all get there. Trust me there's no special treatment or whatsoever. ?? 

@rockinteddy89 What's the date of your ceremony in September if you don't mind me asking?

12 hours ago, rammygirl said:

@rammygirl...

you may refer to this news - https://www.liberal.org.au/member/david-coleman

David Coleman was sworn in as the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs on 28 August 2018.

I think you may call 131 880 to ask the status of your certificate ..

also, did you enroll to vote with Australian Electoral Commission before ceremony ?

1 minute ago, whtzau said:

@rammygirl...

you may refer to this news - https://www.liberal.org.au/member/david-coleman

David Coleman was sworn in as the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs on 28 August 2018.

I think you may call 131 880 to ask the status of your certificate ..

also, did you enroll to vote with Australian Electoral Commission before ceremony ?

Hi, Just hope they get his signature sorted and certificates printed ASAP.  We did not enrol to vote, we expected to do this on the night but were told that the forms would be sent out along with our certificates.  I assume you need the certificate details to enrol.  Fingers crossed they sort it soon as we need to apply for our passports.  I have contacted the council as requested on the night, i will see what they say.

9 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Hi, Just hope they get his signature sorted and certificates printed ASAP.  We did not enrol to vote, we expected to do this on the night but were told that the forms would be sent out along with our certificates.  I assume you need the certificate details to enrol.  Fingers crossed they sort it soon as we need to apply for our passports.  I have contacted the council as requested on the night, i will see what they say.

same thing in Burwood NSW.

No certificate for ceremony in August 23.

https://www.facebook.com/JodiforStrathfield/photos/pcb.1638765382917551/1638764982917591/?type=3&theater

Edited by whtzau

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

We had our ceremony last August 9 and once we entered the room and were handed out of the pledge documents, we were asked to enlist in the electoral roll. This is before the actual ceremony.

We had to rush our passports as we were booked for a holiday less than a week after the ceremony. We got our passports the next day after the ceremony in 5 hours the same day.

I hope you get your certificate soon in time for your trip.

Edited by Zet01

Soooo frustrated! Can anyone tell me what to do now?

It has been more than 17 months since the lodgement, still no approval! ( Applied online in Mar 2017, tested in Jul 2017 at Sydney CBD). Called, emailed and sent feedback (complain) to DHA many many times but doesn't help at all. FOI has also been conducted and the records show "nil concerns", however the records also tell that the case hasn't been touched since Oct 2017. What should I do? Feel so bad!