AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Question again regarding test interview it asks to bring 3 photo id's is his correct? I only have 2. 

For proof of arrival in Australia is an old passport allowed? 

Do you need documents for children or only if they are applicants? 

Do do I need to print and take out my original online application or only the signed declaration? Thanks 

11 minutes ago, Jemvin said:

Question again regarding test interview it asks to bring 3 photo id's is his correct? I only have 2. 

For proof of arrival in Australia is an old passport allowed? 

Do you need documents for children or only if they are applicants? 

Do do I need to print and take out my original online application or only the signed declaration? Thanks 

To answer some of your questions:

1. I only showed my driver's license and Medicare card. 

2. I brought my old passports with me, the ones with the arrival stamps including the current passport.

3. I cannot answer this, as I do not have kids yet. 

4. I only brought the signed declaration but they did not bother to ask for it. I think they only took my birth cert, marriage cert (for women), passport and the 2 IDs that I mentioned for scanning. 

Edited by Zet01

2 hours ago, CockerSpaniel said:

Has anyone heard any news on the proposed changes actually happening to the citizenship laws on the 1st July? 

After the whole debacle last year with changing the eligibility criteria I've not heard anything for quite a while now from the government. 

One friend of mine was advised by their migration agent that it will come into effect next year. But I am not sure what is the basis.

16 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

The bill wasn’t passed so the Government would need to review it and start again. They can’t just implement changes that have not been approved in parliament. 

They might look at it again this year they might not. 

True. They still need to review and have it approved first.

I remember getting an email from DIBP few days after we lodged our application that they will implement it this July 1st, but no news yet.

2 hours ago, Zet01 said:

One friend of mine was advised by their migration agent that it will come into effect next year. But I am not sure what is the basis.

maybe your friend's migration agent has people connection in DHA but what we can confirm is DHA has not submitted the proposed bill into Parliament yet.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2018/06/07/australian-citizenship-new-changes-citizenship-bill-be-introduced-month

The article says the Government may introduce the bill into the parliament before 1st July 2018. But, by going through different news, I think parliament next sitting will be about energy bill rather than citizenship. But I may be wrong on this.

2 minutes ago, ArsalanAhmad said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2018/06/07/australian-citizenship-new-changes-citizenship-bill-be-introduced-month

The article says the Government may introduce the bill into the parliament before 1st July 2018. But, by going through different news, I think parliament next sitting will be about energy bill rather than citizenship. But I may be wrong on this.

yes, they only have 4 parliament sitting days (June 25 - 28) before 1st July 2018...we will see

*Parliament sitting dates - 2018

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiw_Ni8nObbAhVHTrwKHXHyBNgQFggtMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aph.gov.au%2F~%2Fmedia%2F05%20About%20Parliament%2F58%20Sitting%20Calendars%2F2018%2F2018%20Parliamentary%20Sitting%20Calendar%20PDF.pdf%3Fla%3Den&usg=AOvVaw3lR3IzObB9yjPxG2G0WfOk

3 hours ago, Zet01 said:

@zet01, so your friend's migration agent advise new citizenship might pass parliament in 2019 ?

36 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Updated timeline

Application: 18 April 2017

Test: 23 June 2017

Approval: 28 April 2018

Ceremony letter: 22/06/2018

Ceremony 10 July Hume council Vic.

Good luck everyone.

@Sheila Big congratulations! your long wait is finally over. ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, whtzau said:

@zet01, so your friend's migration agent advise new citizenship might pass parliament in 2019 ?

Yeah, that is what their agent told them. They are due for citizenship application this August, and very keen to know about the changes too.

6 hours ago, Oziee said:

Same here mate 
Applied 28 March 2017
Test given 15 Aug 2017
no news after that and status is still 'Received' 

Oh my, looks like your application have been put at the bottom of the pile.

I hope you hear back something from DIBP.

I received a letter yesterday with approval of my citizenship and now to wait for a ceremony date and invite from my local council which states it could take up to 6 months. Has anyone tried calling the council direct to try to expedite the process? 

1. Date applied: 06/06/2017 
  2. City/Council area: Warringah
  3. Online / Paper: Paper
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: N/A 
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/05/2018 
  6. Approval Date: 21/06/2018
  7. Date of ceremony: TBC 
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rorz said:

I received a letter yesterday with approval of my citizenship and now to wait for a ceremony date and invite from my local council which states it could take up to 6 months. Has anyone tried calling the council direct to try to expedite the process? 

1. Date applied: 06/06/2017 
  2. City/Council area: Warringah
  3. Online / Paper: Paper
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: N/A 
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/05/2018 
  6. Approval Date: 21/06/2018
  7. Date of ceremony: TBC 

Congratulations @Rorz. I tried calling my council to ask the next ceremony date as their website is not updated, they told me the date but I was also told that the invite will come from DIBP and not from them. I guess it depends on the council.