single lady wishes to return to Australia

freya

I married to an englishman in 1980.He emigrated to Australia 10 yrs before.We married in the uk,then travell to WA,in 1980.While i was there i had 2 babies.At that time there was no help for anyone in an abusive relationship.I was abused by my then husband and his mother.Because of this i sufferred memory loss.The next thing i remember is being in the UK.I had been here 2 yrs.At that time they were 6 and 18 months.I have never seen them since.Im now 68,and i wish to see then.But have no idea how to go about it.

I had a visia when i married.I did ask my ex,how long i would need to be in the country.He told me 10 yrs.It was only a few yrs ago,that i found out i had been lied to.You know in 82 there was no help for people like me.Not even social security.

3 minutes ago, freya said:

You know in 82 there was no help for people like me.Not even social security.

We are not judging you. 🙂
What you went through is not your fault. It isn't acceptable and never has been.

In those days visas were put into passports. You don't happen to still have your passport do you? It might help to fill in the blanks.

Edited by JetBlast

1 minute ago, JetBlast said:

We are not judging you. 🙂
What you went through is not your fault. It isn't acceptable and never has been.

In those days visas were put into passports. You don't happen to still have your passport do you? It might help to fill in the blanks.

Exactly. Help for DV survivors is a recent phenomena in most countries. 

Are you looking to move to Australia or just visit? 

Hi Freya,

what a sad story.  You will find that WA has changed so much since you left and it'll be quite an adventure.  As Amber said, are you looking to visit or stay permanently?  If your children were girls, it may be difficult to find them if they've changed their name through marriage.

It may be worth putting a notice in the West Australian or the local newspaper of where they used to live (if regional).  I'm connected with a relative in the UK who put an ad in the local paper looking for my mother and her sister - someone sent me the clipping and I've been friends with this wonderful older lady for a couple of years now.

The other way is to search on Face book for them (some keep maiden names), there's also australiapublicrecord.com which might be useful.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, freya said:

.At that time they were 6 and 18 months.I have never seen them since.Im now 68,and i wish to see then.But have no idea how to go about it.

There are some organisations which can help you do this:

http://www.jigsaw.org.au/

https://www.iss.org.au/

Also the Red Cross has a branch which helps trace family links lost through migration:

https://www.redcross.org.au/get-help/help-for-migrants-in-transition/tracing-and-restoring-family-links

• Like 2

On 25/03/2019 at 02:42, Amber Snowball said:

Oh goodness! What a terrible thing for you. I think maybe achat with a migration agent is in order here! @paulhand is always very helpful on here. He should see this and then maybe you can talk to him off the forum for some advice. Then you can decide if you want to employ him. You must have had some sort of a visa at that time.

I would be happy to take a look at this ... much more information needed though.

On 24/03/2019 at 22:08, freya said:

I married to an englishman in 1980.He emigrated to Australia 10 yrs before.We married in the uk,then travell to WA,in 1980.While i was there i had 2 babies.At that time there was no help for anyone in an abusive relationship.I was abused by my then husband and his mother.Because of this i sufferred memory loss.The next thing i remember is being in the UK.I had been here 2 yrs.At that time they were 6 and 18 months.I have never seen them since.Im now 68,and i wish to see then.But have no idea how to go about it.

That;s almost the complete information for getting the sorted suggestion, but ya main question is weather you got the Australian citizenship before. Because if you didn't, unfortunately there are very bleak chances if you can go Australia back.